FS Section - Suggestion

I've heard/read a few people comment about the delay in posting ads for sale. I just had an idea. How about removing the restriction and maybe adding a "flag this post" for items/people who do not follow instructions? Kinda like Craigslist.

I think we have enough regulars and veterans that surf NSX Prime to keep the forums tidy.

Just a thought, this would be less effort for Admin/Moderators, as they would only have to review items that have been "flagged" instead of every post. :smile:

Just a thought. Not that I'm complaining. :wink:

The option to report a post (flag) has always been available, as seen here
report.gif

It's located below the username on the left.

How would doing this not create more work?

It's just taking way too long to list posting. I submitted a post last thursday and it still have not been listed.

I've been on the forum for 4yrs and this process is just not working.

Could someone approve my post.

I agree.. It should be easier AND faster if there are no restrictions to post in the for sale section. If it gets too crazy, then the for sale section can be broken down into categories (ie: engine, suspension, wheels, etc).

I just think we'll see more things for sale, and seller would be able to sell their parts faster. I'm not complaning too with the current setup, but I think this is a great idea.

niM

From the registration page:

Registration to this forum is free. Your personal information will not be sold or distributed. This is an online community run by and for NSX owners, not a business venture or marketing scheme.

NSX PRIME IS NOT LIKE MOST OTHER AUTOMOTIVE FORUMS. Unlike many free-wheeling forums, this site is heavily and closely moderated according to the rules listed below as well as in specific forums. If this is going to upset you, please do not register here

Forum rules (what you agreed to when you registered here)

The thing is, that's how it used to be. It was so out of control I changed it to a moderator approval system. It's not like we have never tried it that way before. It was a lot more work trying to keep up with it, and a lot more confusing, before moderator approval of the ads.

The option to report a post (flag) has always been available, as seen here
report.gif

It's located below the username on the left.

How would doing this not create more work?

I realize there is an option to flag posts, but it is small and out of sight(out of mind). If there was a larger icon placed appropriately, I feel this may be a good solution.

I've been on the forum for 4yrs and this process is just not working.

Could someone approve my post.

I think the process obviously works, and I for one am not complaining. Although I understand what you are saying.

I agree.. It should be easier AND faster if there are no restrictions to post in the for sale section. If it gets too crazy, then the for sale section can be broken down into categories (ie: engine, suspension, wheels, etc).

I just think we'll see more things for sale, and seller would be able to sell their parts faster. I'm not complaining too with the current setup, but I think this is a great idea.

niM

I personally do not like the idea of breaking items into sections. I like to browse all parts that are for sale. I don't think we have enough traffic to consider breaking down into different categories.

From the registration page:

Registration to this forum is free. Your personal information will not be sold or distributed. This is an online community run by and for NSX owners, not a business venture or marketing scheme.

NSX PRIME IS NOT LIKE MOST OTHER AUTOMOTIVE FORUMS. Unlike many free-wheeling forums, this site is heavily and closely moderated according to the rules listed below as well as in specific forums. If this is going to upset you, please do not register here

Forum rules (what you agreed to when you registered here)

Technically, I register before the new policy was implemented. :tongue: But I completely agree with you, this is a closely moderated forum. And there is nothing wrong with it. I'm just offering advise that may be better for the admin and members.

The thing is, that's how it used to be. It was so out of control I changed it to a moderator approval system. It's not like we have never tried it that way before. It was a lot more work trying to keep up with it, and a lot more confusing, before moderator approval of the ads.

I think if we offered a more visible/in your face "flag this post" icon for parts for sale, it could work. I do however really like the fact that people can not post/reply to sales ads which clutters the sales forums.

Anyways, it was something I thought of. I browse Craigslist and see people flag spam, fraudulent ads, miscategorized ads, and ads with no contact info and it seems to work. Not pushing the idea, just thought I would pass it on to see what everyone else thought.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back