Front tires worn out

Got my car back from the dealership, and found out the insides of the front tires are pretty much bald (dayam!). Anybody locally have two front tires to sell, or any recommendations? I'm supposing I should get Yoko's to match the rears. Maybe I should just get new rims and new tires =)

whatisreal7 said:
Got my car back from the dealership, and found out the insides of the front tires are pretty much bald (dayam!). Anybody locally have two front tires to sell, or any recommendations? I'm supposing I should get Yoko's to match the rears. Maybe I should just get new rims and new tires =)

This is very common as I also encountered the same thing with my car. The outsides of the tires looked new but the insides were worn down to the cord.
The front tires typicall last twice to three times as long as rears. If you decided to get new rims figure you got $400 for rims $400 for 2 front tires if you use the rear tires you already have.

I'm in Tulsa and not local but I switched from the Yokos to Goodyear GS-D3 due to this same, very common problem. I trashed my rears but kept the fronts when I switched out to the Goodyears. The do have some wear on the inside and had about 3K on them when I took them off. You can have them if you want them...just pick up the shipping. They're in my attic and I just removed them this summer. Let me know.

whatisreal7 said:
Thanks for your very generous offer! Let me make sure it is kosher to mix/match front/rear tires, and let me get back to you!

You've got PM.

Back