"Forza 2"

I just played the demo of Forza 2 at a friend's house. I don't have a xbox 360 and I know I must get one after about half lap with the E36 M3. The way it breaks away felt realistic like it is on the track in real life. :eek:

As far as the Physics of the game, seem like Forza is a little more realistic than GT4, just from the cars I've owned and driven in both games. YMMV

The physics of GT:HD are much better than GT4...so I'm not surprised that Forza 2 would be better than GT4. I'd like to hear comparisons between GT:HD's physics and Forza 2's...not that it really matters all that much since GT:HD isn't really GT5.

Gran Turismo 4 vs. Reality

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/72yyvNAU8Bg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/72yyvNAU8Bg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Forza vs. GT

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSGMtz-dTuM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSGMtz-dTuM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Gonna sound like a hippocrit, but I bought the driving wheel today:biggrin: It changes the feel on the game alot. Makes it alot more fun to play. Should have listened to Shiftybob alot earlier.

I bought Xbox360 a few days ago just for Forza 2. Worth every penny. I will pick up a PS3 just for Gran Tourismo as well.

The graphic is ok, expectation too high I guess. The #1 attraction for me is the sound and minor details.

I like how the cars behave, I like to play without traction control or stability control, sometimes really not driveable without traction control. Like real life you can't just mod a Supra to 500rwhp and expect traction. If you oversteer a little bit too much you will spin.

NSX is able to perform really well even with just 300hp + weight reduction, quite amazing. R34 like real life, you can get 400+hp with just BPU + amazing traction with AWD.

Car selection is great, but missing AMV8, R35 concept, L-FA,new M3, WHF no AP2+ a few others. Overall 95/100.

Mods are cool, for example NSX. You can do high power NA mods or FI with turbo or 2 types of supercharger. All have different powerband. There is even positive displacement SC (Stage 1 whipple, stage 2 autorotor). Centrifugal SC.

It is a really small amount of money for loads of fun, I can't see any car guy not getting one, you really have to hate cars to not like this game.

Has anyone with the (fisher price) Microsoft Wheel figured out how to get into the car setup menu of this game??? You have to use the RL and RB buttons on the controller, and the wheel has none? Tried to shut the wheel off and use a regular controller to do the setup, but it won't let you shut down the wheel while in the game. Seems like a pretty big oversight for the MS wheel. As you get higher into the game, you NEED to be able to change the setup of the car.

Still trying to figure out how to watch replays after each race:frown:

Barely level 22, so little time to play:frown:

Last edited:
i've playing it all weekend and IT'S AWESOME!

"play forza, it prevents global warming!":biggrin: :biggrin:

j/k.:wink:

fun game, get it and get on with it!

What proprietary BS? You can buy a steering wheel for the 360 from at least 4 other companies than MS. MS hasn't locked out other companies from making steering wheels - or all sorts of controllers.

Yeah you can buy other wheels, but they arent force feedback. Microsoft has not allowed other companies to make a force feedback wheel for the xbox 360. They know that if logitech was allowed to make them for the 360 that nobody would buy their crappy overpriced "Wireless" wheel. Those of you that have tried the logitech g25 or driving force pro know what im talking about. Read this thread from logitech forums http://forums.logitech.com/logitech...&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=2324#M2324

at this point in time, Logitech is not licensed by Microsoft to develop a force feedback steering wheel for Xbox 360 - only corded controllers. The DriveFX wheel is, effectively, an Xbox 360 controller that is shaped like a steering wheel and has a force feedback motor in place of the standard vibration motors.... until Logitech is licensed by Microsoft to design and manufacture force feedback wheels, no Logitech force feedback wheels will function on Xbox 360.

What's everyone's car of choice thus far? I don't know why, but I've had a ton of luck with my Mugen RSX/Integra Type R.

I built out a VIS Integra to B class spec's and I've had some really good results on a few tracks. Maple Valley, the "snake" tracks, Road Atlanta Short, and Tsukuba come to mind.
Its unfortunately fairly down on power, so it gets eaten up on tracks like Laguna Seca and New York.

I wouldnt build a FF car anywhere past B class, however. I find that the high horsepower front drive cars just can't keep it together and stay competitive.

I have a B class NSXR-GT that's really quick, and an NSXR and 355 Challenge in A class that are both contenders.

I'm debating whether to get an NSXR or a GT3 next. Which one would have a better overall performance, as far as various tracks go?

With the P.I. system in Forza 2, that question really can't be answered. What you need to ask yourself is
1. What class am I looking to build a car for?
2. Is this car going to be the only car I use in this class?
3. What courses do I need help on.

Based on that, you can then decided what kind of build you want to go with.
I'm not sure what the numbers are off the top of my head, but I believe the GT3 starts out pretty high in A class already, leaving you little wiggle-room for mods.

i have spent my life on gt2, gt3 and gt4 and had the logitech gt force wheel. i now have forza 2 and the wireless wheel and i got to say that forza 2 is much better.

i was skeptical about the physics, but forza 2 driving physics is much more realistic. with crash damage, deep car customization, and online multiplayer, forza 2 leaves gran turismo in its dust. i think the only thing gt4 has up on forza 2 is the amount of cars and tracks. and for those peeps waiting for the next gran turismo on ps3, after the delays i saw in gt4 i am guessing 2009 as a realistic launch time.

the wireless wheel is awesome too. it greatly enhances the game with its force feedback and rumble. the developers designed the game for this wheel specifically and it works great for me. it doesn't have the 900 degrees like the logitech, but under racing conditions i never used the 900 degrees. the response, feel, and overall control of the wireless wheel with forza 2 is amazing.

This thread is evil !
I read it and I'm like if Prime members giving it the thumbs up I got to have it.
So i bought a 360 Forza pack, LCD and Gears of War. This is the death of WOW for me .

i have spent my life on gt2, gt3 and gt4 and had the logitech gt force wheel. i now have forza 2 and the wireless wheel and i got to say that forza 2 is much better.

i was skeptical about the physics, but forza 2 driving physics is much more realistic. with crash damage, deep car customization, and online multiplayer, forza 2 leaves gran turismo in its dust. i think the only thing gt4 has up on forza 2 is the amount of cars and tracks. and for those peeps waiting for the next gran turismo on ps3, after the delays i saw in gt4 i am guessing 2009 as a realistic launch time.

the wireless wheel is awesome too. it greatly enhances the game with its force feedback and rumble. the developers designed the game for this wheel specifically and it works great for me. it doesn't have the 900 degrees like the logitech, but under racing conditions i never used the 900 degrees. the response, feel, and overall control of the wireless wheel with forza 2 is amazing.

here are a couple pics of my setup
pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

I am using this setup if you are interested.

I just bought a xbox360 just for this game. Well worth it too. This is so much better then Gran Turismo.

Back