Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

AFAIK Mclaran F 1 has raced in numerous series and there is still currently one in jgtc.The f 40 has raced in fia series.There is an f 50 that I have seen in europe racing in sports car series as well.In regards to the GT I have asked some dealers near me about the car and They are trying to get one.Price with dealer add ons is quoted around 200 k.Good luck trying to get one at msrp.

Carguy,
I spoke with a salesman today and he claimed we have '3' coming to us. :eek:
Anyway I asked how much they are looking to get for one and he said the first two were 'sold' for $250 & $300k.:eek:
He said he would check and let me know about the other one.

92NSX said:
Carguy,
I spoke with a salesman today and he claimed we have '3' coming to us. :eek:
Anyway I asked how much they are looking to get for one and he said the first two were 'sold' for $250 & $300k.:eek:
He said he would check and let me know about the other one.

Wow you must be a pretty big dealership to get three! I wouldn't be interested in paying over sticker so it doesn't look like your dealership would work for me. I am second on the list at my friends dealer and that is at MSRP so I think I will wait for that car to come in.

Thanks a lot for checking though

Carguy! said:
Wow you must be a pretty big dealership to get three! I wouldn't be interested in paying over sticker so it doesn't look like your dealership would work for me. I am second on the list at my friends dealer and that is at MSRP so I think I will wait for that car to come in.

Thanks a lot for checking though
I understand.

Carguy! said:
As far as I know the McLaren F1 was never raced (unless an owner wanted to take his personal car out) McLaren made some special cars I believe the LM models that were longer, lighter and had more power that they raced.

Huh? The McLaren F1 raced in FIA GT and LeMans, among other series (and still races in some). Note particularly 1995 Le Mans where the F1 GTR took 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 13th places. They were the first to take 4 of the top 5 places at Le Mans. The LM models were produced as a tribute to that accomplishment, one to represent each of the 5 GTRs that placed.

Last edited:
xsn said:
Huh? The McLaren F1 raced in FIA GT and LeMans, among other series (and still races in some). Note particularly 1995 Le Mans where the F1 GTR took 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 13th places. They were the first to take 4 of the top 5 places at Le Mans. The LM models were produced as a tribute to that accomplishment, one to represent each of the 5 GTRs that placed.

Ok then the GTR was the race version, still not the production version and as previously stated by myself and others Ferrari has also had racing versions of their cars. So why don't you think they have a racing pedigree?

PHOEN$X said:
If you want a GT at less than MSRP (and don't mind sharing), this program might be for you:

Exotic Car Share

**I want a ride if you get one! :D

That is a really nice idea, I am not sure how they would handle the winters though. A Ford GT would be about useless for four or five months out of the year here in Michigan.

You can definitely get a ride anytime you are in Michigan! Hell I will let you drive it!

Carguy! said:
You can definitely get a ride anytime you are in Michigan! Hell I will let you drive it!
yourock.gif
woohoo.gif
- I hope you get your GT! :D

Carguy! said:
Ok then the GTR was the race version, still not the production version and as previously stated by myself and others Ferrari has also had racing versions of their cars. So why don't you think they have a racing pedigree?

As previously stated, Ferrari DOES have a significant racing heritage. However, the F40 and the F50 do not. They have been raced very sparsely, with unexeceptional results.

The McLaren F1 was the road version. It had 627 hp. 100 were built. That car set the 240.1 MPH production car record.

The McLaren F1 GTR was the race version that debuted at Le Mans in 1995 and won (also took 3rd, 4th, 5th and 13th). The GTR was detuned to 600 hp. so it didn't have to run with ballast.

The McLaren F1 LM was built to celebrate the Le Mans victory (5 built, one for each of the finishers). It had the GTR ignition without the air restrictors, and made 680 hp. That car set a 0-100-0 record of 11.5 seconds in 828 feet.

The S70/2 engine later powered the BMW V12 LMR, reduced in size and power to 6.0 liters and 580 hp.

The McLaren F1 has probably the most impressive racing pedigree for a production car in the history of the automotive world, certainly since the advent of modern motorsports.

The roadgoing F1 and the GTR are essentially the same car. I don't think the distinction you have drawn in this case is valid.

92NSX said:
Why not sell it? That is what the car is being built for. :confused:

I would guess that the dealership owner or GM is buying it, maybe:D

I can understand keeping the car on grounds to generate floor traffic. But still, unless one of those are buying it or a very nice person is, to not sell is pointless.

92NSX said:
I can understand keeping the car on grounds to generate floor traffic. But still, unless one of those are buying it or a very nice person is, to not sell is pointless.

That's exactly the reason why my manager said they are keeping it. I would imagine they would sell it eventually, though. The owner of the dealership is a Ford aficionado and apparently has a large collection of Ford cars and memorbilia. He might end up buying it for himseld, like ncdocdog said.

brahtw8 said:

The McLaren F1 LM was built to celebrate the Le Mans victory (5 built, one for each of the finishers). It had the GTR ignition without the air restrictors, and made 680 hp. That car set a 0-100-0 record of 11.5 seconds in 828 feet.

Interesting, there is such a gap between a McLaren F1 LM and a DAX Rush Quadra. :eek:

The world record for a street car belongs to this car:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20304

in 10.8s.

That might be faster, but it looks like SH*^. The Mclaren is a useable everyday hypercar. (beyond super :) ). We all know that even mustangs can be made to run a faster 1/4 mile than a McLaren F1. Still, nothing can touch the McLaren in my book. It is the most exotic car ever produced.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Why would someone care about the look of a track car than can beat the McLaren F1? And (even worse) WHY mention a Mustang in the same page with really fast, light cars that do 0-100-0 in less than 11.5s and lap around a track in time that only F1, CART or F3000 can beat?

PS: and my surprise above was also related to the fact that you can take home (better than) McLaren F1 performance for 1/15th of the price with the DAX. Not a drag race car or a rice warrior...

Last edited:
Ummm... I saw a Ford GT on Malibu Cyn back in January (or could it have been a GT40?) It was grey, and I was waiting at an arrow to go into Pepperdine, when it just buzzed by me going through onto Malibu Cyn.

Back