Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

I just read an article that Ford has announced that its new GT will have 550hp! Apparantly they were waiting for the stock engines to be dynoed.

I am currently 2nd on the list to get one, the dealership that I have my order with is getting one for sure and then Ford is going to use a lottery system for the balance of the cars. If I don't get one the first year I will be first on the list for a 2006.

I was hoping to get a next gen NSX, but with the designs and HP numbers I hear on the internet it seems the GT is going to be a better choice for me. I am still planning on keeping my '00 NSX and it will probably be my main driver throughout the summer.

They probably did not like how close the performance was to the viper!

There is nothing wrong with more power :)

Nice, I'm sure the pricing will go up accordingly. If you do snag one, let us know how much of a markup the dealer got.

I work for FMC. We are only getting one at our dealership also.
Not all dealers are getting one.:(
I will be watching when to see you get yours though.

I will definitely keep everyone updated when and if I get mine.

Ford hasn't raised the list price of 139,999, the dealer that I am hoping to buy mine from is selling them all at sticker. The first one that they already have allocated is being bought by the owner of the dealership and he is planning on keeping it in the showroom on display. I hope they are able to get one of the additional ones from the lottery. I haven't heard how many are already allocated to dealerships and how many are going to the lottery.

I understand that a lot of the smaller dealerships aren't getting any of the them and some of the very large dealers are getting two. If anyone has additional information I would love to hear about it.

By the way there is a dealer selling the rights to their allocation on ebay and last I looked it was at $90,500 above sticker!!!

Carguy! said:
I just read an article that Ford has announced that its new GT will have 550hp!
I don't expect that they will be exactly commonplace in StL, but I sure hope to have one pull up beside me. :D I don't know if I would be caught gawking, or be ready to "go."

Re: Re: Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

KGP said:
I don't expect that they will be exactly commonplace in StL, but I sure hope to have one pull up beside me. :D I don't know if I would be caught gawking, or be ready to "go."

With your turbo boost turned up, it should be a pretty close race.

Re: Re: Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

KGP said:

With 1,000 of them out there each year for three years, I believe we will all get a chance to see them on the street. I think I might see a few more since I am close to Detroit and I know a lot of the higher up guys at Ford are going to be getting one. I am friends with the owner of the dealership that is getting one and I am pretty sure he will let me take it for a spin.

Re: Re: Re: Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

Carguy! said:
With 1,000 of them out there each year for three years, I believe we will all get a chance to see them on the street.
Generally, I suppose you're right. But Stl is like a black hole for exotics. Once every 6 months or so I see a 360 parked somewhere, but never out on the road. At any rate, with 1K of them being built, it will be interesting to see what selling prices are like after 1 year. I think anyone who buys one greatly above sticker is most likely making a mistake.

Re: Re: Re: Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

NetViper said:
With your turbo boost turned up, it should be a pretty close race.
Well, that depends on the race, what type of fuel I happen to have in the tank at the time, and what shoes (tires) I am wearing. Obviously, a 5 speed NSX will not touch the GT's top speed (like I would ever attempt anyway).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ford GT to have 550hp!!!

KGP said:
Generally, I suppose you're right. But Stl is like a black hole for exotics. Once every 6 months or so I see a 360 parked somewhere, but never out on the road. At any rate, with 1K of them being built, it will be interesting to see what selling prices are like after 1 year. I think anyone who buys one greatly above sticker is most likely making a mistake.

I agree on not paying over sticker, in fact if I am able to get one of the first ones I think I may sell it for a profit and then buy another one after the price drops back.

I remember first year NSX's selling for double list price and Vipers doing the same. All of these cars are being built in numbers that will satisfy the demand, so that the prices will come back to list quite quickly.

I think there are only a handful of cars built in the last ten years that are truly going to be considered good investments and all of them have less than 200 examples produced.

Too bad about St. Louis not having many exotics, maybe you just have to buy a few to get a trend started!

I think there are only a handful of cars built in the last ten years that are truly going to be considered good investments and all of them have less than 200 examples produced.

Not to get off topic here, but just out of dumb curiosity, what would those cars be?

Damn, I was hoping the first year Metro would make your list.

I surfed through the Ford supported golf tourney yesterday and they had at GT mounted on a raised display platform with signage and landscape around, looked very nice. Also there was a Wayne Gretsky-Phil Mickleson commercial that featured the car.

sabashioyaki said:
Last 10 years and less than 200 examples doesn't seem to fit all the cars here.

I believe a racing pedigree is essential to value in a collectible car, and only the Mclaren has it.

Ferrari doesn't have a racing pedigree?

sabashioyaki said:
Ferrari as a brand has the racing pedigree, but you were talking about individual cars. The Enzo, F40, and F50 were never raced like the McLaren.

As far as I know the McLaren F1 was never raced (unless an owner wanted to take his personal car out) McLaren made some special cars I believe the LM models that were longer, lighter and had more power that they raced. These cars are actualy worth less than the standard cars. Ferrari also made special models of the F40 that they also raced. I am not sure about the F50, but I surely wouldn't be suprised if they modified the Enzo to create some race specific examples. Ferrari also modifys 360's to create more track ready cars that are strickly for racing. From what I have seen these cars also are less valuable then there street cousins.

I don't think a racing pedigree has anything to do with a cars resale value in the future. I do think that actual race cars that were used by big name drivers are great investments though.

Back