For troy would you say Achilles or Hector

which of the two main characters of "TROY" did you like more

• Achilles

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Hector

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
OK, I'm assuming that by now 90% of the NSX society have seen the currant movie "TROY"

So which of the two main characters did you like more?

I saw the movie and had no strong feeling toward either character, as well as the rest of the cast. That was my primary complaint about the movie. Plot lines and major characters gave me little reason to care about what was happening on screen. Heck, even the "major" battle sequences weren't all that awe inspiring. Nothing really bad in the movie, but nothing really good either. B to B- grade.

I'll look forward to the Odysseus spin-off movie instead.

-Randy

Very dissapointed in the movie. Way too much camera panning and movement during the fight scenes, and too close up. Not enough character development, and even though I do not remember the details from English 101, I am not sure the movie was truthful to the story?

thought it was pretty good. very 'holly-rock' though.

one discrepancy i noticed was the dragging of hecktors body. in literature, he dragged body around the walls three times. forget the significance of that, but didnt happen that way in movie.

What do you say 90 percent of the community?:confused:

I heard bad things about the movie....and that it wa sa major let down. I am dissapointed because I was expecting it to be good.

I thought they left out far too much of the story. There was a made for TV movie a couple years ago on USA Network called "Helen of Troy" and I thought that one was much better. This movie started half-way through the story. They left the entire thing out about the prophecy and all.

Homer's story would have been too long and in some case a little slow or silly (for example when Achilles hides in the Girl School for years not to be sent in battle) for a commercial audience.

If I am not wrong Hector's body is dragged for one week, 8 times per day, around Troy's walls.

Also the end is different since Achilles never took part to the horse trick.

All this if I remember correctly, it is 10 years ago I studied this in school.

I haven't seen the movie, but in the text Achilles was enraged and hurt by the death of Patroclus, who was killed by Hector. He then killed Hector and vented his anger by dragging Hector's body around and leaving it face-down in the dirt. He thought this desecration of Hector's body and preventing him from having a proper funeral would make him feel better. But of course it did not make him feel better, and Hector was so liked by the gods that they intervened after a while.

I do not remember that the number of times his body was dragged had any particular signifigance but it's been a long time since I read it and it wasn't my favorite book so I may have just missed it.

Another tidbit to add is that Patroclus is portrayed as Achilles' cousin in the movie. In the Illiad, Patroclus is actually Achilles' best friend. I do not think it is hard to understand why Hollywood changed this bond.

I believe Achilles dragged the body around the city walls three times.

I thought the movie was good but could have been great. In my opinion, every actor did a great job with the exception of Brad Pitt. This is very unfortunate because he is the main character of the story. Achilles is supposed to be the ultimate warrior who is the spawn of a Godess (and thus imbued with God-like powers). I am sorry to those of you who like Brad Pitt, but he is bettter suited to roles where he is the smiley-pretty boy. I was half expecting one of the Myrmidons to begin giving Brad Pitt a mud facial when they were in their tents on the shores of Troy.

Imagine Brad Pitt playing Russel Crowes role in Gladiator. I shiver just thinking about it.

Back