Foaming ABS

I have had this NSX for about a month now. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge. I was really disappointed this morning when I hit a bump and my ABS started going nuts. I had foaming brake fluid all over the place. I did the Search and found the stuck solenoid issue. I did a lot of ABS braking on some grass and it cured it. I was looking at replacing the abs, but the forum eliminated that.

Thank you, once again.

John

You should try to exercise the ABS once a month or at least a few times per year. I washed the NSX on Sunday and the tires were coated with fine sand that was left on the washing bay. When I brakes from slow speed while backing out the ABS came on. I was a bit worried but it stopped after 10 seconds. The ABS keeped coming on when I braked at slow speed but I guess the garage floor was dusty and the water and sand on the tires was still limiting traction. After a few laps in the parking garage I think the car was fine. It has new pads all around with less than 50 km on them. The skid marks from the tires seemed long considering the speed of 10-20 kph I was driving.

I had a braking problem last month too. I'm not sure if the new pads were on or not but I remember driving quick around a corner, coming up to a stopped car and the light for him turned green as he was turning right on a one way onto a one way the same as I was. I was dumb and when he didn't turn on the green I closed fast on him and then I braked and the ABS came on and the braking distance increased. It was cold here and the streets were getting slippery due to the sun setting and moisture appearing on the streets. I stopped in time but I hated the whole situation.

Back