• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally went to the dark side, picked up a 6-speed R8 v10 in my favorite color!

Long story short, I've been shopping for one of these for a while and with my wifey's blessing, we took delivery of da beast!

It's a very rare color combo with the Audi Exclusive package. Yes it's a 6-speed manual, would never get the crappy R-tronic! I'll have more pictures after I clean her up but for now just wanted to share a teaser. Delivery guy was awesome and kept me in the loop the whole way here :)

In the garage the NSX looks pretty happy with her new stable mate! :tongue:

Holy crap. Huge congrats. I see a lot of great cars bought by primers but this one and ritesh's are my favorites.

Looks like -

it got "dropped off" instead of you "picked up" but no matter. Stunning! :smile:

I'm guessing there are quite a few people on here who would love to have both an NSX and an Audi R8 in their garage...I'm no different. Congrats!

Last edited:
wow...congratulations! There is a turbo R8 in my neighborhood that I drool over everytime it goes by. Love it in white!

This car is actually not white but the Audi Exclusive color "Suzuka Grey" ~ it's my favorite Audi color so when I saw it I had to have the car. It's also got the special 2-tone black/white suede interior with full CF accents. Now I just need a new steering wheel, shift knob and E-brake handle for my first round of mods!

I want to do so much to the car but going to go slow this time and just enjoy her stock for a while. The power delivery in this car is amazing, I need to be extra careful or I may be in big trouble. Just cruising it hits 120 so fast and worst part is it "masks" the speed making it feel like 60 mph. I need to get the V1 hardwired in this puppy.

The 6-speed shifter clicks into each gear and this car has pretty much every modern piece of electronics in our other cars. For those of you who have never driven this car, go drive it. It's EVERYTHING the NSX should be and more. I can imagine with an exhaust, suspension and wheels this would be one heck of a fun weekend car.

I'll have some more pictures after I give her a wash / wax this weekend!

Very sweet ride. Perfect color as well. Congrats.

I would have gone for a DCT version.

Once u get to a certain power and want to negotiate turns, etc. stick just gets in the way...

Quote from CL65's Audi thread. :biggrin:

I'd rather have the CL65 or CL55 than an Audi (VW).

Fit and finish of the Audi is below a BMW, which is below a Benz IMHO.

From Jalopnick.com​
"Of course, I was prepared for all those suggestions, largely because I had asked for them. What I wasn't prepared for was what came after suggestions. I'll call them the "Could'ves."
For those of you who have never experienced this phenomenon, allow me to explain the actions of a Could've. What happens is, you purchase a car. It doesn't have to be a Ferrari. It could be any car. It could be a Ford Taurus. It could be an Infiniti J30.

Anyway: you purchase a car. And then you tell your friends about the car. And inevitably, one of them, scorned by the fact that you didn't take his suggestion, lists all the cars you could've bought, the implication being that you messed up, and his choices would've been far superior.

Now, I admit, I'm all for a nice game of "Would you rather?" You know this if you follow me on Twitter, where I am constantly posting pictures of my Ferrari next to other cool cars with the caption "Would you rather?", and you are constantly telling me to move my Ferrari immediately or else it'll catch the other car on fire.

But the Could've thing is a little more annoying, because it suggests I've made a terrible blunder, while simultaneously noting that person speaking to me wouldn't have made such a silly mistake. So I've decided to devote today's column to addressing the Could've that I've heard most often: you could've bought a new Porsche 911. My response is: no, I couldn't. Because it's too expensive."
:wink:

Last edited:
Congratulations! The car looks phenomenal... planning on saving up for one myself; would have gotten one sooner, but I wanted a house for myself first :cool: More pictures please :biggrin:

Congrats, looks great. Will you be bringing it down south anytime soon?:biggrin:

CONGRATS RICK!! Car looks amazing but it looks more white than grey. Can't wait for the pics after you get it detailed.

I have an epic hard-on for your collection right now....

HAHAHA.....Great Reply.

With your wife's blessing?? Does she have a sister that's single?????:wink: Just kidding. Great looking car. I'm curious as to your opinions comparing the two cars.

Great ride...congrats!

.why is an R8 the dark side?

I would have gone for a DCT version.

Once u get to a certain power and want to negotiate turns, etc. stick just gets in the way...

No way Bat, this car's 6-speed is the whole reason I got it, would never get a weekend toy in an auto. Plus the R-tronic is a dated tranny, the new S-tronic is more on par with the BMW DCT and Porsche PDK but again I don't want to be tapping paddles!

For now just going to enjoy the car - it's a lot more practical than my NSX with it's ridiculously low stance so I find more excuses to drive the R8. Funny thing is last night I had to run some errands and pickup some diapers, decided to take the R8 out and what a treat. The LED headlights on this car is a must have option! I read somewhere that LED headlights are not that bright, dunno what they are smoking but it's incredible pure white light. I almost had to wear my sunglasses j/k!

Around town you only need maybe 1/3 the hp but when you get on the freeway sweeper, watch out this thing really moves! The v10 in this car feels like I get better gas mileage than my old e90 m3. I think it's because I just hated the DCT tranny in that car robbing all the power + added weight.

My friend owns a wheel mfr. shop so we are talking about some deep concave wheels but for now I just want to enjoy the car. Too bad every mod for this car costs an arm/leg. I can't believe a trunk spoiler they want $2k. CF exhaust tips are $1600. The Akra exhaust I have my eye on is another $8k. Makes NSX parts seem pretty reasonable!

Best part about this car right is the modern electronics and interior. I have so much leg room it feels like an S-class. Backup camera, Bluetooth, and the Audi MMI system are all too cool :) I'm a happy camper for now.

Oh the reason I said this car is the dark side is because it seems many NSX owners are tempted to convert to an R8. All I can say is don't drive one because if you do, you will want it even more which is what happened to me. I don't think it can replace the NSX but it sure does a good job with temptation.

P.S. Don't get the V8, I drove the V8 many times and it's a dog compared to the V10. Once I drove my buddies V10 with Fabspeed exhaust I knew this is my next ride.

Back