Finally bought the NSX that I posted about 5 years ago!!!! LOW MILES

I am a 22 year old student, studying Physics and Mechanical Engineering. I am a senior but somehow have about 2 years left in my program. I currently am an intern for Bosch, specifically manufacturing engineering of Gold Wire Bonding for TCU's.

I hope you realize how incredibly lucky you are to own an amazing car at this age. (Yes, I'm sure it's not all luck - you probably work really hard too.)

Congratulations, take good care of her and enjoy!

Thanks, I did have to bust butt to get this car and it just makes it that much sweeter to have now.

After having a few dicussions with people, I have decided not to sell the car at this point. I know a lot of you guys have been messaging me with offers, but if I sold the car I would not be able to buy me anything that would make me as happy. I am going to drive it all that I want, stack on the miles, and have a good time with it. If someone really wants this car, I would be willing to make trades for a targa with higher miles, but it also needs to be a clean, well maintained car. For now though, I am going to drive it like the world really is going to end in 2012.

That being said, If you make me an offer I can't refuse then I will sell it and go buy another one.

Next steps for the car:
finish repairing the Bose amps
Wheels: (love the ADV.1's but i am still searching)
basic bolt ons
a few carbon bits and pieces

You guys have any thought or opinions on my new route?

Next steps for the car:
finish repairing the Bose amps
Wheels: (love the ADV.1's but i am still searching)
basic bolt ons
a few carbon bits and pieces

You guys have any thought or opinions on my new route?

I'm in the "keep it bone stock" camp. It's a piece of automotive history, rare to find one so perfectly preserved. By all means get the stock sound system going again, but besides that I wouldn't touch it. Take pride in preserving the heritage.

But it's your car. Do whatever will help you love it the most :smile:

I am in the bone stock camp too, but I got to do stuff to it. The car already has dealer installed headers, and a few other performance goodies from back in 1993. I need to get in touch with the original owner and get all the receipts for the work done.

I ran against a buddy with a 1998 with full exhaust/intake, and a some carbon fiber pieces(spoiler, hood, scoops, etc.). We went from about 20 to 120 and i was consistently pulling away from him, so i need to find out what has been done. The only thing I am sure of, because I remember the receipt before the purchase was dealer installed headers, which was $1600 at the time of purchase of the car. If anyone knows anything about this let me know. I have searched but have never found dealer installed headers and need to know if they are acura...

If the headers were installed back in '93 I'm guessing it's the first run of Comptech which were made by DC Sports (I think that's who was making them at first for CT before they began to make their own).

Your miles are still low so enjoy the car. I too have a low mileage NSX (lower than when you purchased yours) and love driving the car when I take it out, which isn't much but still enjoy it!

If the headers were installed back in '93 I'm guessing it's the first run of Comptech which were made by DC Sports (I think that's who was making them at first for CT before they began to make their own).

Your miles are still low so enjoy the car. I too have a low mileage NSX (lower than when you purchased yours) and love driving the car when I take it out, which isn't much but still enjoy it!

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. i will grab some pics of them tomorrow, and post them up... I was on the edge about whether or not to sell mine or just drive mine and enjoy. I just sucked it up and decided to drive it. I figured I can enjoy it and hopefully I will break even, unlike the other cars I was considering.

I had a nice 3 year long build thread but the thread died when torquecentral died. I did he swap when I was 16. It was my dad's way of giving me a crash course on working on cars. Since then I have done many hybrid swaps, but that one is my special one...

I'm a big 1st Gen fan... had a few prior to my NSX. Was your LS1 in a 2nd Gen or a 3rd gen?

I'm a big 1st Gen fan... had a few prior to my NSX. Was your LS1 in a 2nd Gen or a 3rd gen?

It was a 3rd gen. I was 16 when i did it. my dad was tired of helping me replace rotaries, so we did the swap. It was the first one in SC at the time, but now everybody has one... the entire suspension under the car was polished, lowered on apexi coilovers, and it had the apexi n1 exhaust custom true duals... it was loud and would slide like a beast. I have a few youtube videos at the drag strip and the dyno also

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

finalday.jpg

LS1RX7TT350ZExige-SAli044-13.jpg

LS1RX7TT350ZExige-SAli014-6.jpg

082.jpg

085.jpg

Back