Finally bought the NSX that I posted about 5 years ago!!!! LOW MILES

if you do any mods, KEEP the original stuff. atleast you can always go back to OEM if you need to.

dont sell the stuff cuz then you will end up buying it back to return it to stock.

never sell.

I have been collecting NSX parts for almost 2 years now. I have everything times 3. my GF tells me why would you have 5 new steering wheels? what do you need 5 for?

I tell her well 3 of them are JDM with the japanese writing stickers in them.and i am looking for the Honda airbags.and the JDM versions of the steering wheels are way better construction than the US version,

she says wow they are special. LOL

Last edited:
Actually I do have one question... What is this car worth right now?

I don't really want to sell it but i might would trade for a higher miles car that i wouldn't feel so bad modding

imo if you are not looking to make a few bucks, just mod your car the way you want and drive the hell out of it.

there is an NSX with 53 miles on the classified now and the asking price is $80,000. Might take a while to find buyers who are interested in buying an NSX as a collector item though.

Actually I do have one question... What is this car worth right now?

I don't really want to sell it but i might would trade for a higher miles car that i wouldn't feel so bad modding

imo if you are not looking to make a few bucks, just mod your car the way you want and drive the hell out of it.

there is an NSX with 53 miles on the classified now and the asking price is $80,000. Might take a while to find buyers who are interested in buying an NSX as a collector item though.

yeah, i saw that one and it made me wonder. I am running a collector car insurance so i am still limited to 3,500 miles a year

Hey Rebel,
Welcome to the NSX world...check with your neighbor to see if he still has the tires coupons. Other Primers will know what I'm talking about, as the dealers will still accept based on what your posts suggest, that the car has only 7300 or so miles.

In fact, they will get a real kick out of your story.

For my $0.05 (inflation creeps in on all of us), if you plan on selling, it may do well to keep it stock. However, if you want to fix it your way, have at it!

Wish we could trade spots--you could manage ABS deriviatives on Wall Street and I'd happily pass those Physics tests for you...

Rebel,

If you really want to sell, that's one decision. No doubt you'll cme out ahead if you did indeed buy it correctly. With your new found stash, I'm sure you'll find 'the right stuff' at the right price from someone who needs to sell a modded NSX.

But that Shawn dude is right on; keep the original wheels and complete exhaust system and anything else you'd desire to change out.

If you are really serious about selling the car, you might contact me privately. I should imagine that many Prime'rs should like to learn your number.

Wow, great find and I know you must have gotten a great deal if you are considering selling the car. Buying another NSX with higher miles mmmmmm - I don't know about that. Higher miles as in what - 100k + - wouldn't advise it unless you buy a later model NA2.

What you are proposing and i'm reading between the lines, is to sell a car to get additional cash to buy a higher mile car that will need maintenance. The car you have needs maintenance. Read the ad carefully for the car with 53 miles on it. He just put 4000 in it to make sure it was road worthy after it had sat for years - just like yours has sat for years.

So now you want to sell this pristine car and make a few bucks that you'll turn right around and spend on a high miler.....that makes no sense at all. Your neighbor will also most likely wonder why they sold it to you! Who cares some say - well it's your neighbor and your conscience - but it seems kind of funny to sell a pristine 93 and then buy another black one to cover.....or something like that. I'm sure all this has crossed your mind.

Anyway, high mile 91s need lots of stuff if not much has been done and you'll have to find a high mile early car. Most sell high mile early cars cause they are tired of putting money in them and haven't fixed everything and want to dump them with few exceptions.

So what could you sell this 7300 mile car for - that's a good question - immediately you'll get beat up for at least 4 grand cause it needs a bunch of maintenance that has been derferred since it was bought and believe me there is at least 4 grand worth of stuff most here would recommend. Unless the prospective owner intends to put it up on blocks and wait out the next 10 years - mmmm - questionable. So could you sell it for 40k - maybe whatever you decide you might get for it you'll end up deducting 4k. So let's say you get 37k for it - now what - put 12 grand in your pocket and buy a 91 with high miles for 25k - gonna have to be around that unless you really find a dog that needs a ton at around 20k or less and then you get into salvage type autos. You'll be sorry if you do that!

You are a student on a budget and can't really afford this car but somehow have scraped up some dough to buy it at what I imagine would make everyone here go Kookoo! Ok - so you make 20k right off. Man I hate to be a bring down but 20k will buy you nothing but trouble. So don't think your gonna make out like a bandit on this thing, put all your money back in the bank that you paid for the car and then take only the profit and buy what most would call a crapper and drive off happily into the sunset. You need a good dose of reality. No disrespect intended. But we have kind of "been there and done that" in the collective here. So start thinking what kind of car can I buy for the difference and if you can't afford to put some good bucks with then wait till you get out of school, get a job, and then pay for a nice car - othersise you are just spinning your wheels.

This car is the one you would want if you could afford it - work thru it - keep this car - it is a wonderful opportunity to have and keep a truly rare find. If you sell this thing thinking that you are going to walk off with loads of cash and be able to buy something that would REMOTELY resemble what you just sold for half the amount - you are truly mistaken.

Keep this car - don't mod it up with stuff like hoods and wheels - make subtle mods you can't see - like get rid of the "boat anchor" they called an exhaust header in the car and find a late model exhaust header off another NSX. You will find after driving this beauty for a while that it needs things. If you can't afford them - put it up on blocks - keep it in a conditioned place and don't drive it till you can afford it. But deals like the one you stumbled on DO NOT COME ALONG VERY OFTEN! They may for you never come along again in your entire life! This is YOUR golden opportunity to have what others here would love to have. Well most that is - a true low mile pristine expample of an NSX and 93 is arguably the best year of all! Some here will try and weasle it out of you - don't let em do it. Take your time, keep reading, get thru school, and keep this car cause if you don't you will regret this decision for a LOOOOOOOOONG time!

Good luck! All the best!

Thanks for all of that. I don't really have the desire to sell it. I bought it and I am just keeping it in storage back home and taking it to shows or out on weekends that i am back home. I bought it as a semi investment. I still have my Saab and a Ducati Monster to drive daily.

My biggest issue that I came to find out recently is the idea that this one is kind of rare because of the miles and i don't want to mess it up by doing mods. If i was to swap it, i would do it to have more of a project NSX. I have been in this situation before when i bought a 79 trans am to make a drag car. I ran the documents to find out that it was 1 of 480 to get the 400/4speed motor that year. I restored it to original condition and sold it and never got to have my drag car:frown:... Of course, it was worth a lot more in this condition, but I like to have some fun.

As far as the current maintenance, I am starting all that fun stuff in July. The guy i bought it from did have a bunch of stuff done in 2006, but i left the service records back home. I am prepared to do all the stuff myself, I am lucky enough to have lifts and a full garage with Air conditioning to use. I was planning on doing the TB, WP, and removing the speakers/amps to send off for repair. I am contemplating replacing the rubber hoses. They were in such great condition and show no signs of cracking I might wait on that.

Replaced Water pump and timing belt and a some of the other underhood rubbers... runs like a champ and currently has about 9,500 miles on it. I drive it and love it. I will post more pics in a few minutes

PS. I am currently in first place in a contest to win some wheels. I would love your guys support. here is the link

http://apps.facebook.com/offerpop/Contest.psp?c=61223&u=16376&a=254553244581393&p=358659895137&v=Entry&id=175935&rest=1

153.jpg

163.jpg

160.jpg

151.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. I saw the SC plate and was wondering. We just had another guy pick on up from the Mrytle beach area.... Skigeh1..good looking car as well as yours. Tony Hensley(autovation) works for Bosch here. He sold his about two years ago

Yep. I saw the SC plate and was wondering. We just had another guy pick on up from the Mrytle beach area.... Skigeh1..good looking car as well as yours. Tony Hensley(autovation) works for Bosch here. He sold his about two years ago

I have seen a few floating around the area, i saw a red one with the NSX-R wing going the other direction close to charleston about a year ago. I also saw a yellow NA2, but it had jersey tags...

I would love to work at Bosch Charleston, but I got transferred out of TCU into Car Multimedia, so it killed a charleston transfer for now.

The red one might have been me coming back from a mustang event with a buddy. The Yellow one could have been Twinky. He had Kentucky plates on his. He works outta mrytle. He sold his too

The red one might have been me coming back from a mustang event with a buddy. The Yellow one could have been Twinky. He had Kentucky plates on his. He works outta mrytle. He sold his too

wow, so i am not alone... The guy I bought mine from has 2 more, but they don't see the road and one of them is going to his grandson. a 91 red/black with like 33,000 miles...

LOL Naw. Most of the guys here in Charleston have garage queens. There are four or five that actually drive them and go to autocross events, shows etc...

awesome find...beautiful nsx you got there...it never ceases to amaze me when people find these amazing so called barn finds...i just hope that when i am ready to buy that there will be a barn find ready to buy...but chances are thats probably going to be slim ...but i guess if you look hard enough you'll be able to find one :smile:

Yeah, this guy has a very strong collection of late 80, early 90's cars. He really is the coolest older guy ever. He has been a family friend for a long time and I was drooling over this car ever since I first saw it when I was in the 1st Grade. When I was younger he used to leave the garage doors open and I over looked all the ferrari's and lambos and just stared at the NSX.

One day I wanted a car, but he was too attached to the NSX. Then one day he gave me a price and I jumped on it

I'd rather see pictures of the rx7 ls1 swap!

I had a nice 3 year long build thread but the thread died when torquecentral died. I did he swap when I was 16. It was my dad's way of giving me a crash course on working on cars. Since then I have done many hybrid swaps, but that one is my special one...

I can try to boot up the old computer and re-do the build thread if you guys would be interested in something like that?

I actually tried to do a new wiki for the timing belt/waterpump service. I did it a much easier way and it only took me 6 hours. Before anyone says anything, one of my best friends is a honda tech and we did it together. I paid him in food, which he said is slightly better than what honda pays!

I actually tried to do a new wiki for the timing belt/waterpump service. I did it a much easier way and it only took me 6 hours. Before anyone says anything, one of my best friends is a honda tech and we did it together. I paid him in food, which he said is slightly better than what honda pays!

I'd like to read that

wow, so i am not alone... The guy I bought mine from has 2 more, but they don't see the road and one of them is going to his grandson. a 91 red/black with like 33,000 miles...

So this guy had (3) NSXs at the same time? WOW! The one you bought, then this red one...what else?

Back