Ferrari race car crash (warning: intense)

HOly crap!! Just read the link. Still, wow.. what a crash!

Last edited:
<I>*shakes head in disbelief*</I> :( :( :( That guy deserves the 300mil. That accident is the worst i've ever seen; the sound of that explosion is chilling. It's like something from a hollywood film only more horrific because it's real. :(

For me the most important sentence is this one in the article:

"A letter that tries to eliminate one party from taking any responsibility for major accidents caused by gross negligence is incorrect, unfair and not void in this court," presiding judge Ono said.

My fellow racers: Isn't such letter the same as we always underwrite at our racetrack events (at least we do here in Europe)? Do you believe the judges in our countries would decide the same as this japanese judge? If so, would that mean that the papers we sign are obsolete?

I claim this to be a very principal and important issue for our events, the racetrack owners, our clubs and of course for ourselves.

90 million yen, at todays rate, is ~ $850,000. That's a good chunk of change, but not really "massive."

Regardless, I'm glad both of the drivers involved in that mess survived.

That is horrific - but the most incredible sight to me is that of the guy with extinguisher seemingly more worried about addressing minor pieces of grass burning, than quenching the vehicle or helping the poor guy trying to get out completely unassisted! Unbelieveable!

The safety crews lack of response is just appalling. Obviously we don't know where they were positioned and how many there were but there is certainly no sign of any fast-response vehicle or anything...
Contrast this crash with Lauda's horrific 1976 fire at the Nurburgring when no less than FOUR other drivers ran INTO the flames to free him from his cockpit.

NSX-Racer said:
My fellow racers: Isn't such letter the same as we always underwrite at our racetrack events (at least we do here in Europe)? Do you believe the judges in our countries would decide the same as this japanese judge? If so, would that mean that the papers we sign are obsolete?
Thats certainly something to think about, but realize the situation that happened there. It was utter Chaos! how could people have a life-threatening accident on a caution lap?
The way in which that race was run suggests GROSS negligence, which you cant waiver your way out of

OH MY GOD. I do not know what you did, but if you click on that link you get one RUDE ASS picture!!!! :eek:

jorligan said:
Brian,

That's just mean making me look at s*** like that. That is the nastiest a**hole I've had the misery seeing. Someone obviously did a a switch but, just nasty! :eek:

Tim

Feel free to e-mail [email protected] and tell him how you feel. That's one of the nastiest damn things I've ever seen and switching the picture to that one is just needlessly offensive.

If the original poster reads this before Lud gets to it can you please delete the link so that nobody else has to see that? TIA.

Arshad said:
Aggh!! Anyone have the original link still?

That IS the original (well, almost) link. The owner of the sillbeer.com site must have noticed the traffic and objected to it being linked here (and perhaps elsewhere). Of course, he could have just taken the file down and left it instead of posting that horrible picture! Oh well, takes all kinds...

Just amazing to see how quickly it ignited. Very scary moment for everyone there, I bet. I think it's a rediculously low amount of money to give someone for the negligence that caused the ending of his career, especially when we give people MILLIONS here for being stupid and spilling coffee on themselves.

He was on a tv show here in Japan early last year, dealing with accident/operations and life afterwards, including the court situations. Freaky.

Back