Ferrari owner discussion

Enzo said:
Like this ? :biggrin:

Where did you get that pic? Is that in a museum somewhere?

Actually, I wanted to expound on the point Casper91 made about motorcycles :D

Most folks that own or like Harleys think that Ducatis are uncomfortable, dificult to drive, unreliable, etc.

Most folks that own or like Ducatis dislike Harley's; they're slow, backward technology, don't handle well, etc.

In reality, most of America, I'd bet, think motorcycles are deathtraps and wouldn't have anything to do either of them. :)

In the end, you buy or get what you want, or, failing that, what comes close to what you want, and that you can afford. When I got my NSX, it was my only car, and that was on purpose. It was a car that could do everything that I wanted. Now that I'm getting older, I'm thinking about picking up a second car (2 cars for 1 person, shocking) for use as a daily driver. In this situation, if could I swap my NSX for a Ferrari 360 or 430, or a Lamborghini Gallardo, would I? Definitely! :) Some of the points that originally made me go with the NSX as my choice no longer apply.

JMO, YMMV, etc. :)

CokerRat said:
Stiddy you forgot the third type.

3. Has an appreciation for something "special". Costs two arms and three legs but that's what it costs for exclusivity, history, and let's call a spade a spade, some pretty damn fine cars. Maintenance be damned, show me a Ferrari review where they said "this car sucks".

Hmm, the Mondial is the only car I can think of that was made by Ferrari that got pretty bashed up in the reviews. But if you saw one in a parking lot you would still do a double take....

A Ferrari is a Ferrari period.

ccns23 said:
Hmm, the Mondial is the only car I can think of that was made by Ferrari that got pretty bashed up in the reviews.

The 348 was not well received by the automotive press. Car and Driver remarked it was the scariest car they had ever driven at high speed and indicated their test driver almost refused to do the top speed run as a result of his fear of the car's stability at speeds above 150 MPH.

Currently, the Testarossa is not very strong in the used market. The 456 is also a slow seller and generally unloved in the modern era.

Some of the older cars, the 308GT4 comes to mind, are also less 'worthy'. The early 80s 400 series front-engined V12s are also without any significant enthusiast following to speak of and available for pennies on the dollar (until that V12 needs servicing, then they get sold to someone else).

If I remember right there was also a guy named Cameron who hated one so much that he kicked the crap out of it and then pushed it out the window of an elevated garage! :biggrin:

White92 said:
If I remember right there was also a guy named Cameron who hated one so much that he kicked the crap out of it and then pushed it out the window of an elevated garage! :biggrin:

That was not actually a real Ferrari, but a kit car (mustang based IIRC) made to look like the California Spyder SWB. :biggrin:

Similarly, the Daytona in Miami Vice was a replica based on a Corvette chassis.

I do remember seeing a Porsche 906 Carrera 6 on Miami Vice once. They called it the white ghost . . . .IIRC.

Enzo said:
Yes, it's from the Geneva Auto Museum.
Oh, ok. I thought you really did have one in your house!

Back