Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 14 6.9%
  • A factory color I am missing???

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters
When conducting surveys, there is a thing called "first choice basis." That means that more people have a tendency to choose the first option that is presented to them. In this case, "white." In true scientific surveys, the selection of "first choice options" is always rotated.

That being said, RED RULES!:tongue: Yes, I currently own a red one. I've also owned a black one.

The "first choice basis" is really true by the way.

Last edited:
When conducting surveys, there is a thing called "first choice basis." That means that more people have a tendency to choose the first option that is presented to them. In this case, "white." In true scientific surveys, the selection of "first choice options" is always rotated.

That being said, RED RULES!:tongue: Yes, I currently own a red one. I've also owned a black one.

The "first choice basis" is really true by the way.

White FTW on the NSX! There seems to be a lot of bias in here. I really do believe everyone loves a white NSX, especially with the black canopy. On a car like the 300ZX, it was very common and not as ideal, ask me how I know lol.

The OP should either mod or start a new thread with silver or green as the first choice. I bet this first choice basis would not hold true in that case :) I've been watching this poll for a while. The white, red and orange have been tied until today's epic landslide lol. Those three color are also my favorites and black should appeal to everyone also.

I really do believe everyone loves a white NSX.

Don't kill me, but I don't think white suits the NSX very well.

Most people like it because it's rare and was the typical NSX-R color (the reason being because white is the national racing color of Japan).

Despite my car being white, my fav NSX colour would be red. The oem colour.

Don't kill me, but I don't think white suits the NSX very well.

Most people like it because it's rare and was the typical NSX-R color (the reason being because white is the national racing color of Japan).

Rarity is key for most people that buy cars like the NSX. Black and Red NSXs are most common so it is only natural that orange/yellow, blue or white NSX are more sought after by the pre-owned buyers looking for something exclusive.

Everyone has their personal reasoning and bias. I love red NSXs with the canopy red as it is very monolithic with the matching red tailights. Black can achieve this even better with the murdered/tinted look. All white NSXs do not look as good as the black top ones and look a bit unnatural IMO.

The red, white and black colors are popular colors that represent to elegance, power and prestige. The pure red or black NSX are more elemental where as the GPW with the black top would represent the hybrid or collection of these elements, incorporating all three colors.

Red, no, blue.........aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
Sorry about the Python. Had to do it.
FWIW, I voted Silver but am very happy with my Green. Subtle, with enough colour to reveal lines, and not too bright to steal the show, more undercover, stealthlike...

Last edited:
I sometimes envy lighter color car owners the ease of keeping their cars looking clean, but I wouldn't trade my Brooklands Green for any other US spec color.

This is one of the hardest things to decide when buying an NSX. Is it just me or do the reds seem to fade a bit over time. I remember how deep the red looked in the showrooms and when you see many red ones now they are fading to an orange color.

I did see one red that was AMAZING, and it had over 90K miles on her, but most dont look that good. I always wanted to ask if it was repainted.

I have a yellow on black. I LOVE this color.

It is a hard choice.

When I bought mine I went with my first choice Black. But over time I really liked the red, But yes it does fade alot just like silver, its the pigment in the paint so they are lots of work as well as black to keep in great condition. Then in 02 I saw the LBBP that color in person is to die for, it is a great OEM color as well as the GPW with a white interior. Those guys and gals are lucky to own those rare cars! But to all, we are all lucky to have a choice in color as well to own one of these special pieces of machinery. 18000 sold in North America and think of all the write off ones. God rest their engines! So drive proud and live the dream! Just like Soichiro Honda said!

The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred.

So enjoy your NSX and love all colors!

It is a hard choice.

When I bought mine I went with my first choice Black. But over time I really liked the red, But yes it does fade alot just like silver, its the pigment in the paint so they are lots of work as well as black to keep in great condition. Then in 02 I saw the LBBP that color in person is to die for, it is a great OEM color as well as the GPW with a white interior. Those guys and gals are lucky to own those rare cars! But to all, we are all lucky to have a choice in color as well to own one of these special pieces of machinery. 18000 sold in North America and think of all the write off ones. God rest their engines! So drive proud and live the dream! Just like Soichiro Honda said!

The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred.

I wonder how many are really left... I know some have been shipped out of the country. So many pictures of accidents. Ive heard of some being cannibalized for parts... I wonder just how many are really left from that 18K total? Anyone have data?

You're absolutely right, we are lucky to have these "problems" :). I remember when I was just 17 and the NSX was nothing but a dream for me.. My mother telling me its stupid to discuss the color because we aren't rich and will never be able to have one. HAHAHAHA! IN YOUR FACE!!!! wait, is that wrong to say to your mother? LOL

It is a hard choice.

I didn't realize that there were so many sold. The Wiki shows a bit less..

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

If we are talking two tone, it has to be white with black canopy.

Doesn't get cleaner than a Berlina black NSX IMHO.

I love the Imola orange as well...

that Grey is hypnotizing...

I LOVE THEM ALL!

Back