• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

FAKE tb/wp invoice given to me when I bought NSX!!!!

I want to get more information first before giving details. I don't want to say anything that is not 100% true. The title to this post is 100% true... but that's all I know right now. I'm waiting for the service department at the dealership where the invoice "came from" to do deeper research and get back to me next week.

Maybe I'm missing something here but what makes you believe that it is fake? And if it is that obvious that it is fake, how did you not pick up on it before you bought the car?

That sucks! Sorry to hear that :(

Would not be difficult for a seller to forge a dealership invoice so dealership may have nothing to do with the fake. This day and age you have to question all documentation and call to verify the paperwork is in fact legit for you vin. I read something similar on a board about service on a cl65. A major invoice of something like 8k was copied from another vin number and submitted by the seller as recent service on his car. Was not caught until someone bought the car and went to mercedes to have a vehicle history report printed amd it did not match the invoices provided.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I was given a few invoices, they were all from the same Acura Dealership. I called to "chat" with the mechanics before I bought the car, but all of the invoices were from 2006 through 2008 so the guys didn't remember much specifically, but our chat went well, they remember working on the car and remember the car to be very nice with no noticeable issues... very clean, OEM. This was 4 months ago.

I bought the car (4 months ago) and now I'm thinking about heading to Daisy Auto to have Ben check out a few things (going to be in that state anyways so figured I'd stop by). He told me to bring all my service records, but all I have are 4 invoices from this dealership from 5 years ago. So he said I should call them to get ALL records faxed to me, so I did.

I called the dealership and while talking to the service manager I MENTIONED the invoice for the tb/wp, and he said he doesn't see that in their system. I gave him the invoice number and he said "that's the invoice number for the OTHER work that was done, oil change, detail, etc etc"!!! So someone used the top portion of an invoice and ALTERED the "work that was completed" section.

I emailed the invoice to the dealership and the manager immediately noticed that it was fake because all the typing in the "work completed" section was not the FONT they use and not even the FORMAT they use.

The dealership is 100% sure they never changed the tb/wp.

ya but the person who owned it in NY only owned it for 3 months... and never registered it in his own name because he didn't want to pay taxes for the purchase and then taxes for the sale (guess he had a dealer license or something). The car was from VA before that.

Oh boy, this is a cautionary tale.........something I never would have considered that could / would be faked.

Brian

as a public service to prime once you have documented a forged repair bill please post the sellers info.

Docjohn, as I said above, my seller only held the car for 3 months... so it's most likely the seller BEFORE him that created the invoice (and of course that is what my seller says is the case). I will have more info early next week and I will definitely post my findings.

no problem good luck hunting down the truth...but if you do get a name for that once removed seller post it....small world he might try to sell another.

EXACTLY SduffComposites!! That's my point! Everyone keeps saying "well if you THOUGHT it was done in 2008 then you WOULD need to do it next year anyways, so what's the big deal"..... The BIG DEAL is that I'm PRESENTLY driving at risk, and I HAVE BEEN for the past 4 months and I would have CONTINUED to for the next year or so!!!!!!

WOW… Here’s a BREAKING piece of information I just found!!!!......

I know I mention in my posts above that the person I bought it from only had the car for 3 months before selling it to me (basically flipped it, because he has his own bad ass NSX already), and I IMPLY that because he only had it for 3 months leads me to believe that it was probably THE OWNER BEFORE HIM that falsified the invoice….
(I don’t know what made me jump to that conclusion… probably because I pm’d him BEFORE I started this thread, and he convinced me that the seller who sold it to him was acting very shady throughout their sales process)

But as I just examined the fake invoice, I noticed the part number for the water pump MATCHES the part number FOR A 1997+ NSX (WHICH HE OWNS!!) and DOES NOT MATCH the part number for my 1996 NSX!! So he may have had this invoice lying around from when he did HIS OWN wp/tm replacement, and just used the bottom portion of HIS invoice and attached it to the top portion of one of the other invoices, to make a copy.
(you can even see a “copy line” across the page, that is sometimes evident when you try to tape 2 pieces of paper together and copy it, trying to make it look like 1 document)

Take a look at the invoice that is SUPPOSEDLY from the Acura dealer, but the BODY of the invoice looks nothing like the other dealer invoices…. And see if you recognize which NY or CT mechanics shop this invoice comes from???
(the bottom section of the invoice is so unique it could act like a finger-print and match-up to an invoice YOU have laying around… then we’ll know what shop this FAKE invoice was made in!! Also, this is the type of invoice where every other line is shaded…. Just a little something ELSE that doesn’t match all of the other invoices from Crown Acura).

Attachments

• Invoice tb-wp.jpg
    Invoice tb-wp.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 744
Wow, sucks that someone did this to you. But isn't Chris's NSX a 95? I am almost sure of it, his car is a 95 midnight pearl. He just have it repainted and did the 02+ conversion.

Last edited:
^^ Oh I have no idea. But my point is, look at that invoice (in the above post), it's obviously an REAL invoice of a REAL tb/wp replacement.... so whoever created this false invoice obviously had an ACTUAL invoice of an NSX tb/wp replacement in their possession (so they gotta have an NSX).
(I was given a handful of service records when I bought the car, that were all done at Crown Acura... I called Crown Acura and they confirmed they are all real EXCEPT the one that says the tb/wp was replaced)

Take a look at this real service record from Crown Acura (below)... this is something that was ACTUALLY performed by them. Notice the "R/O Number" (invoice number) in the top right corner... every invoice has a different invoice number.
The person cut off THIS top section (from the red line and UP) and attached it to the top of THEIR OWN NSX TB/WP INVOICE to try and pass it off as an invoice from Crown Acura. (they didn't think to change the "invoice number".... because THAT is what caught my attention.... I have TWO invoices with the SAME INVOICE NUMBER??????? Not possible)

Attachments

• Invoice tb-wp3.jpg
    Invoice tb-wp3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 730
Back