Factor X How About ECU Approach For CTSC?

Ken -- You may want to start making your posts into one long one instead of multiple posts. It will save on load times and amount of real estate it takes up on the screen. Just a suggestion.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

http://sacramento.nsxca.org/Events/thunderhill_driving_school_4-02.htm

Originally posted by NSXTech:
The SmartMap however is another story. IF imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, than I am flattered. CT copied my smartMap idea and now sells it as an upgrade to the early CTSC kits. I don't know what their claims are, and I am not prepared to make any today however next week we are installing a SmartMap on a CTSC I installed a few yaers ago. We are doing dyno pulls before and after, with fuel graphs, to see exactly if, how, and where we clean up the power curve. We are going to do three pulls each way and the install should not cause enough time to lapse between pulls to cause any temp or other influences on the Dynojet.
We will certainly post our results.

Stay tuned,
Mark Basch[/B]

Mark,
I look forward to this information, as I have stated previously I own the CT with 9PSI and recently purchased the Smartmap from Dali, I haven't installed it yet I have went over the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward. If there is any thing special about installing with the CT please let me know.

Thanks,
John Mars

Originally posted by Factor X Motorsports:
Peak Horsepower v. Area Under the Curve

On average, daily driven vehicles spend more time in the mid range than at the peak horsepower point.

Exactly why Craig's question is a good one. The Comptech solution is a best fit between a line and a curve. Essentially, you are forced to chose where to be lean and where to be rich (or where to be rich and where to be really rich). It is a compromise throughout the entire band except at the one (possibly two) point(s) they intersect. So, even if the chip only increases peak hp by 10-15 hp, it may significantly increase total torque and hp available to the driver. A ten - fifteen hp increase throughout the entire rpm range is a nice bump.

Throw in more reliability and it really starts looking good.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 30 March 2002).]

YES! Perfectly said David. My point exactly.

And BTW...if I'm not mistaken, I believe it's your ex SC that's on my car.

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 30 March 2002).]

Originally posted by Craig:

And BTW...if I'm not mistaken, I believe it's your ex SC that's on my car.

That's right...it's amazing what a tight-knit group we are! Like any fine collectable, here is the provenance of your Comptech Supercharger. 5 Owners and 4 cars has to be a record:

First Owner - David (Austin, TX)
Second Owner - Chris Anders (Dallas, TX)
Third Owner - Robert McBrien (Denton, TX)
Fourth Owner - Me
Fifth Owner - Craig!

I think that David updated it to the newer FPR and pulleys when he had it since it was one of the first 10-12 prototypes made. And this was the way I remember it when Chris Anders first got it. Chris kinda messed up the FPR by tweaking it himself though. Robert McBrien only had it for a few months. I upgraded with the "9 Pound" kit (hence my new nickname) And got the FPU totally replaced with a properly calibrated unit. I also got the belt tensioner updated with the stiffer springs shipping in the current Comptech kits. Craig put it back to the regular 5 PSI of boost and that's where we stand.

Now, it looks like the next mod will be the super slick FactorX fuel management chip. This saga deserves a write-up in NSX Driver!!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by NSXTC (edited 30 March 2002).]

Originally posted by ilya:
***Sorry, they can't do it via mail order. ***

We will be shipping the upgraded fuel management system for the CTSC in the near future. Two versions will be produced. One for individuals with headers and exhaust, the other for individuals with stock settings. Both kits will have a safety margin built into the chip. However, as Ilya mentioned, coming in for a tune will yield the best results for performance. This will not negate the benefits in reliability and efficiency through removing the FMU, lowering injector duty cycle, lowering fuel pressures, and re-contouring the fuel and ignition curve.

Speed Safely,

Factor X Motorsports

[This message has been edited by Factor X Motorsports (edited 02 April 2002).]

Factor X Motorsports said:
We will be shipping the upgraded fuel management system for the CTSC in the near future. Two versions will be produced. One for individuals with headers and exhaust, the other for individuals with stock settings. Both kits will have a safety margin built into the chip. However, as Ilya mentioned, coming in for a tune will yield the best results for performance. This will not negate the benefits in reliability and efficiency through removing the FMU, lowering injector duty cycle, lowering fuel pressures, and re-contouring the fuel and ignition curve.

I noticed there is no post from FactorX about this product actually coming to market, nor is it mentioned on their website. Anybody know what happened?

Originally posted by Carguy! I own the CT with 9PSI and recently purchased the Smartmap from Dali, I haven't installed it yet I have went over the instructions and it looks pretty straight forward. If there is any thing special about installing with the CT please let me know.
Do not install it in the engine compartment, it is not water proof. Online installation instructions can be found here:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/download/smartMAP_install.pdf

Back