F1 United States Grand Prix 2006

The S2000 Club (S2KCA) has arranged for special discount ticket packages to this year's USGP.

Since the NSX folks in the Indy area have been such great folks and included the S2000 owners in the NSX drive last year, I thought I'd share this link to the information and ticket order form over at the S2000 Club website (as a "professional courtesy"), there is also some information about area lodging in the linked thread for those outside of the Indy area.

http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7708

-Bart

With the kick off to the 2006 F1 season a week from today, in Bahrain, I thought I'd bump this thread for NSX folks who want to get some US Grand Prix seats at a really good price.

wswen said:
After last year , why go?

Uhhhh...............because its gonna be cool:biggrin:

Seriously, after that debacle I'm not taking any race for granted. Theres no guarantee it'll be back and I'm not going to miss another chance to enjoy the F1 circus in my own backyard.

Nate

wswen said:
After last year , why go?

Last year was unfortunate, but I think they did a pretty stand up job giving everyone their money back. Certainly no one at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is to blame for the 6 car "race" last year.

If you want to see the best drivers (well at least the highest paid drivers) and the most technologically sophisticated race cars in the world, come to the USGP.

The ticket deal prices are very good and thus the "high price" of going to a major racing event is not a reason not to attend.

Just to compare, I buy tickets to the Canadian Grand Prix, and three days of tickets runs you $440 Canadian which equals about $380 US dollars.

Under the ticket deal the S2000 Club arranged for the United States Grand Prix, you get three days of tickets AND free parking and other stuff for just $100!

:smile:

F1 carmakers closer to deal with Ecclestone

Reuters / March 8, 2006 - 9:00 am

MANAMA, Bahrain (Reuters) - Formula One carmakers say they have made significant progress in talks with commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone to end the threat of a rival series from 2008.

A spokesman for the Grand Prix Manufacturers' Association (GPMA) confirmed the manufacturers would meet Ecclestone again before Sunday's season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix, but played down expectations that an agreement could be announced in days.

"We will of course meet with the commercial rights holder this weekend," he said.

"Significant progress has been made and we hope to address several of the outstanding issues.

"But it's too early to predict any outcome. We don't want to speculate but things are moving in the right direction," added the spokesman.

The five GPMA members are world champions Renault, BMW, Honda, Toyota and DaimlerChrysler's Mercedes. The first four all own teams while Mercedes have a 40 percent stake in McLaren.

They are demanding a bigger share of the revenues from the billion dollar business, greater transparency in the running of the sport and equal treatment for all.

The GPMA, led by BMW board member Burkhard Goeschel, have said they will launch their own championship from 2008, when an existing commercial agreement expires, if their demands are not satisfied.

Ecclestone, who represents commercial rights holders CVC after they bought out two of the three banks controlling Formula One, has agreed terms with six teams so far, including former champions Ferrari and Williams.

The 75-year-old Briton was quoted last week as saying that he expected all the issues to be settled before the race in Bahrain.

"What we can agree on the technical side is dependent on how much money they want to save but they will save a huge amount without adversely affecting the technical excellence of F1," he told the Daily Express newspaper.

"We can all see the benefits of cutting costs while continuing to allow some areas of research and development and I think there is a mood of conciliation now," he added.

"They will certainly earn a lot more money on the commercial side, double what they got before."

Any deal may have to wait, however, until the European Commission concludes an antitrust review of CVC's bid for Speed Investments, who own 75 percent of Formula One's SLEC holding company. That decision is expected by Mar. 21.

karwath said:
The S2000 Club (S2KCA) has arranged for special discount ticket packages to this year's USGP.

Since the NSX folks in the Indy area have been such great folks and included the S2000 owners in the NSX drive last year, I thought I'd share this link to the information and ticket order form over at the S2000 Club website (as a "professional courtesy"), there is also some information about area lodging in the linked thread for those outside of the Indy area.

http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7708

-Bart

With the United States Grand Prix just a little over two months away, I thought I'd remind folks to order their tickets to the USGP using this special ticket offer now, as the specially priced ticket offer has limited availability.

karwath said:
With the United States Grand Prix just a little over two months away, I thought I'd remind folks to order their tickets to the USGP using this special ticket offer now, as the specially priced ticket offer has limited availability.

Any luck of getting some good Monaco F1 tickets for the 5-28-06 Race. At this momemt I picked up only general admission tickets, any good spot is sold or $600+. I would need 3.

Thanks

Sorry, I wish I could help with the Monte Carlo race. Unfortunately, I live in Indy, and was only able to talk the IMS folks into making a special ticket package available for the USGP. :wink:

karwath said:
Sorry, I wish I could help with the Monte Carlo race. Unfortunately, I live in Indy, and was only able to talk the IMS folks into making a special ticket package available for the USGP. :wink:

Thanks anyway for the US F1 info.

I spoke with the IMS ticket people yesterday and was advised that tickets in the two seating areas to which this discount ticket package deal applies are starting to go fast, and was advised to let people know that if they are going to get in on this they should order their tickets NOW.

Here is a link to the ticket order form for your convenience:

http://www.s2kca.com/PDF_Files/USGP_2006.pdf

Back