EVO vs my NSX

I drove the EVO today. I was sort of impressed. It really did not feel faster than my 93 stock NSX. The turbo lag sucks. The engine sounds like a sewing machine and you cannot even hear the exhaust. Reminds me a lot of my old civic Si on steriods. It did handle very well and the brakes were great, but they felt heavy to press. The seats are nice. The interior is just OK. It didn't have much low end TQ either. Did not really get pushed in the seat.

NOTE: It is 93 Degrees outside.. so I am sure that slow it down.

I guess after reading all the articles, I just expected to be blown away. I guess the guys writing the articles don't have an NSX for a daily driver ;)

Nice writeup of your impression Viper. I think one of the things us NSX owners must keep in mind is that the sensation of speed is more important than the speed itself (for most of us Iwould assume).

These five thousand pound Mercedes s class monsters that are hitting mid 12s in the quarter mile might produce really good timeslips, but I do not think impressive timeslips are what we are after. I imagine riding in the big MB feels like a Jumbo Jet before it takes off. I would think the NSX feels faster at speed.

Realistically, I do not think the Evo is much slower than the NSX at all NetViper. As I said, which one is more fun when you are driving the car in a spirited fashion?

Edwardo said:
I think one of the things us NSX owners must keep in mind is that the sensation of speed is more important than the speed itself (for most of us Iwould assume).
This remindes me of the day I drove my friends M3 (I own a S2000). The M3 is a lot faster (than the S2000) but it is more isolated and felt like I was going slower than I was. For most people who aren't driving competitivly the preception of speed and fun to drive aspect should be more important than the actual speed.:)

Unless you drive the EVO with the pedal to the metal and shift at redline, the car will not impress you. With that said, I will probably get a white 04 EVO in September as an additional toy.

I couldn't care less about the sensation of speed. All I care about is results. With that in mind, I give the Evo a...:D

NoClgDeg said:
Unless you drive the EVO with the pedal to the metal and shift at redline, the car will not impress you. With that said, I will probably get a white 04 EVO in September as an additional toy.

I shifted at redline each time... sorry.. still not impressed. It is a great car, but it is no NSX. With some good mod's, i am sure the car would be a lot nicer.

I do not know if in Europe we get the same model (Evo VIII) that you have in the US. I never drove one. But Top-Gear recently tested the EVO VIII and the Subaru Impreza STI on their test track using a profesisonal driver.

The Impreza did a little slower than the Alpina Z8 (auto) and faster than teh Maserati and some other sport cars. Whatever.

The EVO was faster than the MURCIELAGO!!! Second overall after the Pagani Zonda. The people were impressed... me too! :eek:

The Euro and US EVOs are not the same.

Euro has slightly more power, 6 speed box, active centre diff, active yaw control.

Top Gear tested the FQ300 version (don't ask what 'FQ' stands for!). This has 300bhp, and uprated suspension and other tweaks.

Maybe if the States did more rallying, they would have the better versions of these types of cars.