• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Enthusify launch thread

NSX Prime is launching a new classified ad system called Enthusify.

For now it will run in parallel with the existing forum classified section. Creating an ad in Enthusify will automatically create a post for your item in the Marketplace forums, so you can post an item in Enthusify and get the best of both worlds.

A key benefit of Enthusify is an automatic escrow service on all sales completed through the system to help protect buyers.

Enthusify is offering the following incentives to encourage folks to try the new system:

• For sellers: The first 30 sellers to create a listing get a $5 Amazon.com gift certificate
  • For sellers: No fees for the first 30 sales completed through the system, 3% payment processing fees after that
  • For sellers: Enthusify will promote select listings with Facebook and Google
  • For buyers: One of the first 30 randomly selected buyers will receive an Amazon.com gift certificate worth 50% of the item they purchase

The Enthusify service is new, and the team is very responsive. Please report any problems, suggestions, or just general feedback in this thread.

The "Classifieds" link on the forum navigation bar will take you to it.

Note: The system doesn't automatically close the forum thread when the item sells (yet!), so I suggest the buyer post "sold" in reply to the thread and as moderator can handle it like normal. It's not a huge deal because if someone clicks the link to buy they'll see it is sold. If you run across something that is sold and the thread hasn't been closed yet, just report the post and a moderator will close it.

Even though it says "choose as many or as few as applies" the drop-down for "year" when posting an ad is a single-selection list. I cannot hold down ctrl and select multiple years. Would be good if multiple years could be selected, i.e. for a part that fits 1991-1993 or 1991-1996, etc.

New/Used and OEM/Aftermarket selections/filters would also be helpful.

Even though it says "choose as many or as few as applies" the drop-down for "year" when posting an ad is a single-selection list. I cannot hold down ctrl and select multiple years. Would be good if multiple years could be selected, i.e. for a part that fits 1991-1993 or 1991-1996, etc.

New/Used and OEM/Aftermarket selections/filters would also be helpful.

Thanks for this feedback. You are correct the "choose as many or as few as applies" language applies to the "year/make/model" attribute choices that appear above that drop down. On some of our other enthusiast sites, this 'hint' is more applicable. At NSX Prime, the 'hint' is misleading. You can only choose one model year. We will review word smithing that better.

Thanks for the filter suggestions. We will look at adding those.

Re: Beta testing Enthusify as a new Classified Ad platform

The main critique I have so far is the left side navigation should have a first tier separation of:

Vehicles for sale
Parts for sale

rather than simply starting with "Automotive".

On a minor tweak when you search "Year 2002" you get the Difflow Diffuser that is for sale. Seems like searching "Year 2002" should just be for vehicles and not for parts.

I think it's kind of silly to have how much you save on a used part.

Might also be nice if each ad showed a new/used without having to click on it to see. Can't see that in most of the brief descriptions from the main page. Maybe change the percent off on a used part ad to just USED.

Mike

Oh yeah, most of the ads don't show a location, that should be required.

Last edited:
Can the overall navigation of it be more compressed? You can only view like 5 ads on a single page roughly, would be much better if you could fit 25 or more, and have things more compressed with a smaller sample photo of the item. If someone wants more info or more photos, they can click on the ad. Seems like a lot of wasted space.

Can the overall navigation of it be more compressed?

Yes. Great suggestion. We agree. We have prioritized some new features over new design. But we intend to offer a more compressed design soon.

marketplace_home_tileview_1_101.jpg

Is there any way to click on the seller's username and have it open up his/her forum user profile (to view posting history, iTrader feedback, etc.)?

For newer accounts I am now redirecting the "new thread" button in the NSX Parts For Sale section to Enthusify.

The vast majority of fraud issues are from new accounts. I hope that by pushing those accounts to use an escrow-backed platform for listing items for sale, the rate of fraud will decline. I will also post a warning that if an item is listed under a newer account I strongly recommend the transaction not be completed outside of the escrow system.

Longer-time members can continue to use the system or not at their discretion.

Incidentally, Enthusify also recently implemented the "grid" listing format discussed above, so thanks for that feedback.

The grid looks much better but 12 items per page isn't really enough. Maybe this is just because there aren't many items yet and you wanted the pages? It loads weird on a slow connection, first i get a empty page of the forum then the marketplace just pops up.

Mike

The grid looks much better but 12 items per page isn't really enough. Maybe this is just because there aren't many items yet and you wanted the pages? It loads weird on a slow connection, first i get a empty page of the forum then the marketplace just pops up.

Mike

Agreed. It should be atleast 25 per page, or even 50. (Let this option be determined by the user based on preference and screen resolution).

Do not like the new marketplace provider

Web site leaves no option for local pick up. Spent 30 min on making an ad and when i went to terms it all disappeared. I'd rather pay a fee strait to prime. For me it was a total waste of time

Is it just me or do you need three consecutive monitors just to be able to view one photo? I haven't looked at every listing but each one I have opened contains photos that are too large to be of any use.

For example, despite having two monitors on my desk, this ad photo is useless to me and still needs to be scrolled to view the entire pic:

i-nRWNw5n-L.jpg

RSO since you brought it Up I will say that was one of many things I have an issue with but I dont complain I just keep working around it

CUZ IM A PC USER LOL you learn to trouble shoot instead of re-installing LOL

but to many colors, there is to much going on in one window it makes you dizzy tring to read anything.

it looks like an ebay page with all of the "buy it now" " easy financing available" and " LIKE " FB it

I have 2 screens and it makes you not want to go into the market place.

they will fix it I am sure so I sit back and wait like a nice boy.

it was prob/ looks like it was designed with mac software.:biggrin:

im just saying.. I have no place to complain.

Is it just me or do you need three consecutive monitors just to be able to view one photo? I haven't looked at every listing but each one I have opened contains photos that are too large to be of any use.

+1. Photos are much too large.

EAC

I was thinking that

member XXX offers a new buying price of XXX

seller do you accept or counter?

It should be atleast 25 per page, or even 50.

We are going to bump it up to 36 and see how that that works. We are trying to avoid cluttering the screen with too many options.

Is it just me or do you need three consecutive monitors just to be able to view one photo?

LOL. We love the duel screen demo of #photofail. Yes - the 'full size' photo situation is no good. We are fixing it.

Where is the "Haggle" button?
and
EAC - I was thinking that - member XXX offers a new buying price of XXX - seller do you accept or counter?

Thanks for this input. "Price negotiation" is on our product roadmap. It seems like we should prioritize the haggle/price negotiation feature and get it in your hands sooner. Thanks for the input!

Please keep the feedback coming. We read it all, listen to it all, and try to implement as much as we can as fast as we can.

P.S. We develop on PCs. One of our team members has a mac. We test in Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari on Mac and PC.

Back