Engine cover...what does an owner of a 1991 model have for options?

Stock is fine, I suppose.

I am curious about the transparent or smoked lexan cover. Also, I have seen the one that looks like swiss cheese.

What options do I have? Please post photos.

NSX Type S/Type R

htup-0904-06-o%2B2000-acura-nsx-t%2Bjdm-nsx-r-engine-cover.jpg

Mesh = race yo

It still acts as a barrier between the rear hatch glass and the engine bay. Lighter weight than the standard cover(?).

Mesh = race yo

It still acts as a barrier between the rear hatch glass and the engine bay. Lighter weight than the standard cover(?).

That's what I'm soon going to add to my 95. IMO it make the visible engine look much more "on-purpose".

I agree it looks really cool, but why does there need to be a barrier between the hatch and the engine bay anyway?

I agree it looks really cool, but why does there need to be a barrier between the hatch and the engine bay anyway?

You would be amazed at the amount of road debris that can come up through the engine compartment.
Dust, water and small particles seem to get sucked up and the stock engine cover helps keep that off the pass compartment window and the rear window.
If you remove the stock cover you will notice a lot more condensation on your rear windows and a lot more cleaning needed.

You would be amazed at the amount of road debris that can come up through the engine compartment.
Dust, water and small particles seem to get sucked up and the stock engine cover helps keep that off the pass compartment window and the rear window.
If you remove the stock cover you will notice a lot more condensation on your rear windows and a lot more cleaning needed.

The larger stuff makes sense, but it would seem the mesh still lets quite a bit through? I have to get a new one since the pulley on the Comptech S/C on my car seems to be rubbing the stock engine cover - I'm a little afraid of fire.

Rich

The larger stuff makes sense, but it would seem the mesh still lets quite a bit through? I have to get a new one since the pulley on the Comptech S/C on my car seems to be rubbing the stock engine cover - I'm a little afraid of fire.

Rich

That's what I'm wondering. The stock cover I understand, but for the NSX-R, I wonder why they didn't just get rid of it to shave off just a little more weight.

I loved looking at the engine with the mesh cover on my 92. The sun took its toll on stickers and components though. My 2000 has the targa holder and I didn't want to delete it. Maybe lexan with UV protection would save the stickers and hoses etc.

I really worry about the sun beating down on all my vacuum hoses and stuff. Prefer something that completely obscures the engine bay...

I have the Downforce panel with the smoked plexiglass... looks nice, not too worried about sun damage to hoses and the like, but the reflection off the shiny surface can be nasty sometimes when looking in the rear-view mirror if the sun is at just the right angle behind you. Honda had the right idea with the stock panel.

Back