Engine: C32B in 1992

Modernceo said:
Im in no need of buying an engine, my 02 is running just fine. HOwever, im very curious where you got a lead for a 98 motor with transmission, manifolds, etc for only $7500 including shipping ! That seems very cheap ! Especially compared to 13k for a rebuild !

Would you mind sharing this website/place with us ? Im just curious..

Michael James, did you see my post ? Posting again in case you didnt. .

Increased compression with a motor that is NOS injected may not be such a good idea...I have done many japanese engine into US car swaps.none in NSX but sevral 3.2 legends....on all of the japanese engines the intake/fuel injection,exhaust components must be removed and tossed as they are not the same as in the US...your 3.0l manafolds will work on the 3.2l as larry and others have said..however you will then be running 3.0l engine management on a 3.2l motor so you may want to look into AEM or other obd1 management that can be adjusted for the 3.2l motor.

As far as repairing cranks? when I went thru Honda training all the instuctors said that refinishing/grinding or welding and regrinding was not a "proper repair" according to Honda at the time..but then agian maybe they just wanted people to buy new cranks from honda.

In my youth I rebuilt a lot of engines both proffesionally and for roundy racers. We need to know exactly what finish is on these journals. Plated? i doubt it, or just what surface treatment (coating-I doubt that one too). Most cranks use some sort of surface hardening, carburizing, etc, Honda might call that a "coating", but it's not. The depth of surface treatments vary and perhaps is only .005 on a Honda crank (if memory serves, I think it's about .015 normally). That would be why they say you can't turn. On US OHV cranks we would turn .010, 020, or even .030, although .010 was all for a top level engine. But of course any bearing we wanted we could get, in fact we sometimes had them made special. Turning an NSX crank thru the hardening and finding .010 bearings would probably be fine for a stock engine. A good shop, and I would recommend finding a local race engine machine shop, and they are NOT hard to find in my city, CAN reharden that journal, although we are getting into an area where you can't be sure what you get. Welding up journals is something these shops love to do (lots of labor), but thats generally only done when you can't get a new crank. It just messes up the metalurgy too much for a high performance engine(it CAN bend the crank at that journal). Again, a stock street NSX, I'ts probably fine. We need someone at Honda, or someone like Shad Huntley to tell us what we are working with. I have a 3.2 with spun #2 and a slightly scored crank also that is gathering dust. Regarding the 3.2 into your 92, do more searches, there were some highly detailed posts from those that been there. $7500 for that engine and tranny at these exchange rates? I would only do that one on a COD! Good Luck!

Contact Chris @ SOS and have them rebuild your engine

depending on your $$$$ situation you will have a new engine with that will out perform any used NSX-R engine.

you could get that engine from japan and have to rebuild it anyway:confused:

sourcing a used NA1 engine will be less money

So how did this all turn out?

Given this thread is from over 15 years ago, most of the folks on this thread have probably moved on from the NSX.

That said, it's well-established at this point that you can run a 3.2 bottom end and 3.2 heads using a NA1 OBD-I intake manifold and cable throttle body. You'll also need the factory 3.2L fuel injectors and if your car is OBD-II DBW, you'll have to add the throttle cable.

Back