Educate Me

I have spent the last few months on a mission looking for a Ferrari. After being told a hundred times they are a maintenance nightmare and then being steered toward an NSX I am hooked. I would like some advice on what I should know or need to know before buying an NSX. I've looked at 95-99. Does not seem to be a whole lot of difference except for 5 vs. 6 speed. Also what are fair prices for these years? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Agent said:
I have spent the last few months on a mission looking for a Ferrari. After being told a hundred times they are a maintenance nightmare and then being steered toward an NSX I am hooked. I would like some advice on what I should know or need to know before buying an NSX. I've looked at 95-99. Does not seem to be a whole lot of difference except for 5 vs. 6 speed. Also what are fair prices for these years? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Have you met the Forum Nazi yet ? well it wont be long now..lol

Besides the difference in the tranny the engine displacement is bumped up from a 3.0 to a 3.2

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/performancenums.htm

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Technical/GeneralSpecs.htm

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/changesbyyear.htm

Educate me.
How about "Help me educate myself." You will be better off! A few days reading these will get you headed in the right direction.

NsxJoy said:
KGP,

Can you post a full size image of your avatar? I find it very interesting. Thanx.
Someone else asked the same thing, but I can't find it.:mad: Heck, I can't even remember where I originally found it.

Agent... haven't we fought before? :p if not, be prepared to meet the ForumsNazi...

read thru the FAQ section first... there is a LOT of information to answer your questions.

KGP: i've been wondering about your avatar as well... u gotta find the original!

Found it...was right under my nose. :confused:

Attachments

• vtec.jpg
    vtec.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 327
It's also here.

BTW, there's nothing wrong with a Ferrari. I'll be looking at acquiring one myself in the future..

PHOEN$X said:
...BTW, there's nothing wrong with a Ferrari. I'll be looking at acquiring one myself in the future..

I agree there is nothing wrong with a Ferrari. It is a beautiful marque in its own right, but having talked to countless Ferrari owners (particularly owners of the 355 and 360 marque) I have come to the same conclusion as Agent: they truly are a headache -- and expensive one at that -- to keep and maintain. A problem-free Ferrari is more the exception than the norm, especially for the entry level models, like the 355 and 360. Don't even ask about the 348 and prior years. I hear the 456 is the least troubling, but then it is also the least aesthetically pleasing (IMO).

What model are you looking to get Phoen$x? You gonna match MYNSX with a 355?

Regards.

NSXaholic said:
What model are you looking to get Phoen$x? You gonna match MYNSX with a 355?
I had been considering a F348, but currently I'm contemplating a F355 coupe or a '97-'01 NSX-T/coupe. I do plan to keep my '91 NSX as a daily driver.

Quite aside from the reliability issues, find out about the maintenance schedule on any Ferrari you're considering, and ask how much each service costs (7500 mile, 15K mile, etc).

nsxtasy said:
Quite aside from the reliability issues, find out about the maintenance schedule on any Ferrari you're considering, and ask how much each service costs (7500 mile, 15K mile, etc).
Thank you for the advice, Ken. I've been reading fchat, and am beginning to look into these issues. I'm taking my time, as I will be waiting till at least the end of the year to buy (when people start storing their cars for the winter).

Back