E-55 AMG Vs. NSX CTSC

Can someone with more experience tell me the best way to run away from your own thread? I feel deterioration coming...

Rick, I can't believe you think the E55 will beat the NSX 9/10 times. I will prove you wrong in this one. I have been to a dragstrip maybe 200 times. Just first time with the NSX. I don't know how I got talked into this girly sport again anyway. I have to thank Trackmasters for their 1 event a year.

I drove the E55 last night I am pretty sure there was some sort of Mashed Potatoes and gravy operating the steering system.

1676927637_05235acbd9.jpg

If you guys want to continue the talk about GTO's and living at home, maybe you can start yourselves a nice new clean thread. In the meantime I am going to get some tires.

"Mashed Potatoes and gravy operating the steering system" my mom most have made it haha

I can comfortably say my car has a minimum of 370 HP at the rear wheels. I am weighing in at 3000 pounds now at most. That equals 8.1 pounds per horsepower.

E55 has 470 HP. That is around 400 at the wheels. car weighs 4237. That is 10.5 pounds per horsepower.

Even on paper, its a loss for the E. Just like it was on the two rolling races.

Lets face it... its going to be like this guy:

chong_points.JPG

Fighting this guy:

schultz.jpg

Last edited:
Dave you can't drive and your car is slow you need a driver mod and a car mod plain and simple cuz........

Boy do I have some good memories of the Capt of the Shreveport Police department in his E55 that thought he would bully my little Integra around on the higwhay, lmfao!!!! 4, 5 car lenghts? lol

e55's weigh 3850 pounds, and the 65 series cars are around 4700ish or something? something crazy like that, but no matter when you run 600hp,700trq stock, ecu to over 700hp, range anywhere from 8-900trq

and as far as the gto has no class statement, that was just wrong, come on guys, it has as much class as a 95 camaro v8, or 95 mustang gt has, now weather or not it has the same amount as a e55, well id just assume yes?:confused::tongue::rolleyes::redface::eek::wink::tongue::cool::rolleyes::smile::mad::tongue::redface::frown::confused::biggrin::wink::redface::cool::rolleyes::tongue::eek::biggrin:

e55's weigh 3850 pounds, and the 65 series cars are around 4700ish or something? something crazy like that, but no matter when you run 600hp,700trq stock, ecu to over 700hp, range anywhere from 8-900trq

and as far as the gto has no class statement, that was just wrong, come on guys, it has as much class as a 95 camaro v8, or 95 mustang gt has, now weather or not it has the same amount as a e55, well id just assume yes?:confused::tongue::rolleyes::redface::eek::wink::tongue::cool::rolleyes::smile::mad::tongue::redface::frown::confused::biggrin::wink::redface::cool::rolleyes::tongue::eek::biggrin:

It's a joke of mine Class = Luxury, All Benz models have class in them S-Class, E-cLass, Ml-class, cl-class, etc.

yeah all of those car american cars have no class but some have muscle

mustang gt is biggest junk, thats not fair to the gto
GTO lines up Mustang GT500 or Mustang Cobra

On the GT0 returns for 3 years qst year it came with a 5.7 then 6.0 for the next two years, not a weak NA 4.6 as Mustang GT.

GTO is like NSX they both never had bottom lines such a gt and then another level below that, they only had one engine which I really respect that, and both upgraded at .2-.3 more.

I can comfortably say my car has a minimum of 370 HP at the rear wheels. I am weighing in at 3000 pounds now at most. That equals 8.1 pounds per horsepower.

E55 has 470 HP. That is around 400 at the wheels. car weighs 4237. That is 10.5 pounds per horsepower.

Even on paper, its a loss for the E. Just like it was on the two rolling races.

Lets face it... its going to be like this guy:

chong_points.JPG

Fighting this guy:

schultz.jpg

I've already given him the link.

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

Wow, my car is at 7.18 lbs/HP.

game Over CL65 at 4500lbs......

Last edited:
e55's weigh 3850 pounds.....

I think your curb weight data is for the weak E55 that had no blower.

the one with the blower has more weight. I'll give you a clue.... blowers and it's components have mass. The additional power requires more heavy-duty components which requires more mass.....

......yeah all of those car american cars have no class but some have muscle......

the GTO is the same as a G8..... Mate.

it's an Aussie car and if you were to ride in one it feels more like a Euro car (no wind noise, no chassis squeeking or rattling, etc...)

It's a joke of mine Class = Luxury, All Benz models have class in them S-Class, E-cLass, Ml-class, cl-class, etc..

According to a NADA report, the top-10 depreciating three-year old vehicle models in calendar year 2007 were:

Make Model Annual Depreciation:

Jaguar XJ8 25%
Mercedes-Benz CL-Class 22%
Kia Rio 22%
Audi A8 21%
Lexus LS 21%
Suzuki Verona 21%
Volvo C70 20%
Hyundai Accent 20%
Audi A4 20%
Audi A6 20%

The previous owner was running in the low 10.9 to 11.2 with a trap between 121 and 123mph.

Since he was nice enough to speed shift (shifting without using the clutch) my warranty has replaced the T-56 tranny, driveshaft, differential and a few hardware/bolts here and there to bring the car back to it's original condition.

It cost the warranty company $12k+ for the repairs.

When I race, I do everything from a rolling start and without speed shifting.

Sorry, but show me a stock M series that can touch 515rwhp with 485rwtq at 95F (in other words, I make more RWHP when my intake temps are lowering while I'm driving) with street tires?

The AMGs already beat the M series, thanks to the massive TQ.

My car weighs in at 3700lbs~

BTW, my blower is CARB approved.

Add edlebrock heads with lingerfelter cams and that's another 100hp.... that's legal for CARB.

Oh, of course I can swap out the pullies too.

The only car that was close was this titanium CL65 on highway 10 in SO cal on the way back.

Don't get me wrong.

I love AMGs, but for the $$$, and smoggable power show me something that excels a LS2.

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

Err, there's a flaw in this argument though. You're pitting a Supercharged GTO with 515whp against a STOCK M series? How is that fair? There are turbocharged Civics that could dust stock M5's...

The CL65 was close because it has a ton more power than you, but it's still theoretically stock.

Take on a Brabus tuned E55, or Kleeman, Carlsson or even a Renntech. The only thing after that is your car was cheaper to mod, but i don't mean to offend, but I'm sure there are some highly modified E55's that will destroy the GTO.

I'm not saying the GTO is a bad car, and for the money VS performance, it's really good, but i'm going to guarantee that modified VS modified, the tuned AMG's and M's will at least keep up with you, if not beat you.

As for the E55 VS CTSC NSX, i can't really comment on it...the only thing i can think of is the E55 would get a jump, be ahead for a bit, and then in the higher gears the NSX should come back, the lighter weight at higher speeds should have it make a comeback..but it depends how far you race...if you do 1/4 mile, it should be clearly even, if you do 1/8 the E55 might take it. And in the two mile say, the NSX would come out ahead for a couple of reasons (obviously lighter weight, and higher top speed, thus stopping the E55), but i think it'd be cool. Obviously the higher the speeds you get into, weight and high RPM power play a roll...helllooooo Vtec.

I tested this with the TL and a 330xi, off the line we were fine and he was ahead, as we reached higher speeds, and horsepower played a roll in higher RPM bands, i was coming back..i picture the NSX would do the same, but probably not fall back as far as I had against the 330.

Last edited:
Err, there's a flaw in this argument though. You're pitting a Supercharged GTO with 515whp against a STOCK M series? How is that fair? There are turbocharged Civics that could dust stock M5's...

The CL65 was close because it has a ton more power than you, but it's still theoretically stock.

Take on a Brabus tuned E55, or Kleeman, Carlsson or even a Renntech. The only thing after that is your car was cheaper to mod, but i don't mean to offend, but I'm sure there are some highly modified E55's that will destroy the GTO.

I'm not saying the GTO is a bad car, and for the money VS performance, it's really good, but i'm going to guarantee that modified VS modified, the tuned AMG's and M's will at least keep up with you, if not beat you.

As for the E55 VS CTSC NSX, i can't really comment on it...the only thing i can think of is the E55 would get a jump, be ahead for a bit, and then in the higher gears the NSX should come back, the lighter weight at higher speeds should have it make a comeback..but it depends how far you race...if you do 1/4 mile, it should be clearly even, if you do 1/8 the E55 might take it. And in the two mile say, the NSX would come out ahead for a couple of reasons (obviously lighter weight, and higher top speed, thus stopping the E55), but i think it'd be cool. Obviously the higher the speeds you get into, weight and high RPM power play a roll...helllooooo Vtec....

The GTO is like the NSX in the sense that, relative for what it's trying to accomplish, it's a bang for the buck.

In the GTO's case it's raw power.

In the NSX case it's experiencing rear-mid engine exotic cars with a lower price tag and practically none of the maintainence

The CL65 has more TQ, but we have nearly equal HP. How does it have "tons" more power than me?

Unless an M series is forced induction or have NOS it's not going to keep up or beat my GTO.

Only thing that has a smaller engine than me that will keep up or beat me has to be FI.

You have that wrong. At higher speeds, HP and aero dynamics plays a greater role than weight. For example, a bike is quicker off the line, but at freeway speeds my FD and GTO will pull many bikes.

Hey Turbos2go...hope to see you out at Kimballs one of these Thursday nights or perhaps we should set up another Sunday morning NSX meet out there as we did last year??

Anyway, with regard to the topic... seems to me that you ought to be able to determine how your NSX would do in 1/4 race with the e55 just by knowing that the average stock e55 AMG will do the 1/4 mile in the low to mid 12's at about 115 mph. Not sure what your modified NSX will do, but it could be close?? Obviously as you've seen, getting off the line properly is key... and it's a whole lot easier in the AMG!! :smile:

I have both cars, and my NSX also has the CTSC (although a 3.0), and I know the NSX feels faster at the mid and high end (no contest at the low end, i.e., 515 lb ft of torque in the AMG... but who to say which would be the fastest in the 1/4 mile?? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either was, as they are both great cars with completely different ojectives and fun factor.

Hope to see you around.

-Wick

His car is just perfect, only problem is Driver hehe:biggrin:

the GTO is the same as a G8..... Mate.

it's an Aussie car and if you were to ride in one it feels more like a Euro car (no wind noise, no chassis squeeking or rattling, etc...)

its not the same car two different body styles and lets see how long it lasts.

cellica is now the scion tc

Look what you stirred up Dave by posting this.

It was better when we just saw your cousin scream those infamous words in your video. "Woo! This is how we roll!" :wink:

btw the g8 doesn't have the class to match

gto/g8 only go for straight line

nsx is nasty for road cousres,

e class is good for straight lines and luxury, the best for a daily driver from the cars talked about.

I can race with ease with four people in the car in CLASS and dave takes out his front seat and wins a race and thinks he is the man.

Last edited:
Look what you stirred up Dave by posting this.

It was better when we just saw your cousin scream those infamous words in your video. "Woo! This is how we roll!" :wink:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhaha

btw the g8 doesn't have the class to match

gto/g8 only go for straight line

nsx is nasty for road cousres,

e class is good for straight lines and luxury, the best for a daily driver from the cars talked about.

I can race with ease with four people in the car in CLASS and dave takes out his front seat and wins a race and thinks he is the man.

Have you been or driven a GTO?

I've been in a E55. Nice car. Not as reliable as the GTO and definately not as reliable as the NSX.

My friend has a E55 and the electronic gremlins and supercharger is a pain in the arse.

Sure the E5 has 4-doors for easy in and out, but the GTO's rear seats are more supportive since they are bucket seats (It's a 4-seater, not a 5-seater like the E55). the leg room in the GTO is like the E55 for the rear passengers.

GTO seats are more comfy than the E55 and the NSX.

E55 has the nice fit and finish of wood trim that the GTO doesn't have. Big deal. I burn wood in the fireplace in the winter time.

Thanks for completely hijacking my thread guys.

Back