• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno - CTSC 6lb kit, Autorotor, 2005 NSX-T

ryan1926 said:
Ryan,

Thanks for the video, I think you can definitely get into 12.5sec or even lower, if you can get off the line quicker.

This is a 1/4 mile E/T calculator, not exactly 100% accurate, but it give a somewhat of a decent estimate.
http://robrobinette.com/et.htm

For example stock NA1 NSX with intake/header/exhaust should have around 260rwhp at the wheels, assuming the driver is 180lbs + weight of the car =3200lbs, the ET is estimated at 13.44sec. This is similar to what others have done with NA1 at the track with similar mods.

13.0sec is already a great improvement over 13.44sec. Now lets recalculate with same 180lb driver + 30lbs of additional weight from CTSC, + 355rwhp. The new ET estimate is 12.16sec. True potential of your NSX is definitely low to mid 12s.

If you can get the 60foot time down to 1.6~1.8sec, sub 12.5sec is virtually a guarantee. Maybe slip the clutch a little bit off the line to prevent wheel spin. Having power does not mean it will grarantee low et. A lot of Supra owners with 400~500rwhp run 13s.

If you can get the 60foot time down to 1.6~1.8sec, sub 12.5sec is virtually a guarantee. Maybe slip the clutch a little bit off the line to prevent wheel spin. Having power does not mean it will grarantee low et. A lot of Supra owners with 400~500rwhp run 13s.

With the way I launch I think the only way that I am gonna get a 1.6-1.8 60ft time is with some drag radials. :biggrin: I plugged in my 110mph (I wish I hit 111mph instead of 110.9 :smile: ) trap speed into a similar calculator as well and entered in a total weight of 3400lbs (I have a 95-T so your estimate of 13.44 is more like 13.6 due to the extra weight). The calculator approximated 353 hp, which is pretty much dead-on to my actual dyno run of 355rwhp. I'm sure if I slap on some lighter wheels with some drag radials, as well as diet and lose 50lbs :smile: I will be in the mid 12's easy.

ryan1926 said:
I wasn't too happy with my ET's (best time was a 13.0) but the trap speed (110mph) is consistent with the power that I put down on the dyno (355 wrhp).

I would think you should trap ~115mph with 350+rwhp.

Most impressive numbers guys.
I keep telling myself I shouldnt get a blower, and should just keep the 10k invested, but man, seeing another 100 Whp over what I have makes it SO tempting !!

Modernceo said:
Most impressive numbers guys.
I keep telling myself I shouldnt get a blower, and should just keep the 10k invested, but man, seeing another 100 Whp over what I have makes it SO tempting !!

If you already really, really enjoy driving your X now, then adding a SC will make it 10x times more enjoyable. :D

Back