Drive on March 26th

LMR

Legendary Member
Since the drive and slideshow that I was planning on going to in San Diego was postponed I'm still in the mood for a drive as always. I leaning towards a drive through Malibu Canyon but open for other places. If I do the Malibu drive I would plan on meeting at the Cars & Coffee in Santa Monica as I have been wanting to go to that since it was posted a few weeks ago. I know this is sort of last minute but let me know if you're interested. I will also PM a bunch of people to drum up more interest. We can also do lunch at Coogie's on PCH as they have a NSX friendly parking lot.

Here is the C&C info.

Coffee Bean
3150 Ocean Park Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90405
8:00 am

Drive will start after 9:00
Les

Last edited:
I'm very interested. Looks like there's currently a 20% chance of rain. . .hopefully we'll be ok though.

My sister and her family will be in town from Colorado and we're planning on the Irvine Cars and Coffee. Thank you for the heads up, though, Les.

Interested, but no way I'd be up that early. :P

We probably won't leave C&C until 9:00 or so. Is that still to early?

As much as I want to, I'm having the car smogged, installing stmpo bar, fixing radiator leak and washing and waxing that day. Thanks for the invite maybe next time.

yeah... might be a little too early for me... would love to tho... hope it doesn't rain either. i'll join next time if the time is later than 8am... have fun guys!

Thanks Les for the invite. Can't make it..... Have fun and post lots of pics..

? Change of subject.....
I did not realize how big this C & C event....It's a one of a kind...Are these C & C events organized by a group of people? Has anyone tried to put a C & C track/show day? There's a lot of horsepower in the parking lot and just wondering if there would be a lot of interest on putting all that horsepower in a 1/4 mile track? Just like the old Battle of the Import Days.......
Thoughts?

I appreciate the invite but I have to do other things on Saturday. If it rains then it may not be a good idea. If you gave at least 2 weeks of advance notice then I would more likely attend after I adjust my schedule.

Thanks Les for the invite. Can't make it..... Have fun and post lots of pics..

? Change of subject.....
I did not realize how big this C & C event....It's a one of a kind...Are these C & C events organized by a group of people? Has anyone tried to put a C & C track/show day? There's a lot of horsepower in the parking lot and just wondering if there would be a lot of interest on putting all that horsepower in a 1/4 mile track? Just like the old Battle of the Import Days.......
Thoughts?
Just my $0.02...

There are a few on here who are 1/4 mile folks but I think the majority are not.

I was also concerned about who was randomly setting up a C&C event in my "backyard" but after checking it out I really enjoyed meeting the folks there. The one nice thing about having these events early in the AM is that it a natural deterrent to keep the punksters out (well, all but LMR :biggrin:)

It's a small gathering and you will likely see our Lotus and M-Sport friends there.

Just my $0.02...

There are a few on here who are 1/4 mile folks but I think the majority are not.

I was also concerned about who was randomly setting up a C&C event in my "backyard" but after checking it out I really enjoyed meeting the folks there. The one nice thing about having these events early in the AM is that it a natural deterrent to keep the punksters out (well, all but LMR :biggrin:)

It's a small gathering and you will likely see our Lotus and M-Sport friends there.

Hey RYU I resemble that remark...........urr resent that remark:biggrin:

yeah... might be a little too early for me... would love to tho... hope it doesn't rain either. i'll join next time if the time is later than 8am... have fun guys!

8:00 is when C&C starts but the drive will start after 9:00.

I appreciate the invite but I have to do other things on Saturday. If it rains then it may not be a good idea. If you gave at least 2 weeks of advance notice then I would more likely attend after I adjust my schedule.

I normally would give 2 weeks notice but this was last minute as my original plans changed as stated in the first post:smile:.

BTW Future drives can/will start later in the day but that likely means more traffic, less fun:wink:

There is a legit cars and coffee in Santa Monica? sounds pretty good Les, im in for whatever. Just hopefully it wont rain, idk if my Falkens could handle it. id have to drive back slow.

Yes it is legit or at least that's what RYU says. You can blame him if it's not:biggrin:. The weather reports show no rain as of now so the drive afterwards should be lots of fun.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USCA0660?begHour=9&begDay=85#hhView

We can meet up at the usual place at 7:30 and drive up to C&C.

The one in Santa Monica starts later? 730 at "The place" les? that would be easy usually at Irvine by 630

The Santa Monica one starts at 8:00 which I like so I can sleep in a little later:smile:

BTW Why are you up so early today? I have to for work on Fridays or I would still be sleeping now.

Last edited:
Hey Les, what's the 7:30 spot?
I'll be coming up from Long Beach and can meet up with you guys on the on-ramp. What do you think?

I think it's great that there's interest here to come up! I have no idea what to expect myself since this gathering is new and you guys know as well as i do.. they tend to be somewhat viral when unestablished. It could be huge it could be just a handful of cars too... that's what car culture is all about though. Except for LMR, i'll enjoy everyone else's company! :biggrin:

Hey Les, what's the 7:30 spot?
I'll be coming up from Long Beach and can meet up with you guys on the on-ramp. What do you think?

Adrian,
We meet at Clain Jumper at Brookhurst and Talbert near the 405 in FV. We could meet up with you at an off ramp in LB on our way up. Just let me know where.
Les

Back