Drive after Cars & Coffee on the 26th

Going straight from C&C as Ortega Hwy gets very crowded and not as much fun as the morning goes on. That is why I mentioned lunch after the drive but we can talk more about it at the monthly meet. I want to make it so everyone can go and have fun:smile:

Okay. I agree, the earlier the better for the drive. I'll plan accordingly.

Thank you, Les, for getting us all together and leading us on a fun drive on Ortega Highway, Live Oak, Santiago Canyon and Silverado Canyon. I really enjoyed the drive and appreciate your effort. Lunch was yummy at the California Kitchen and it was good to sit and get to know my NSX friends a little better. :smile:

I'm sorry to learn that Ed (NSXrunner) will be moving to Colorado soon. :frown:

drive was sweeeet, good job Les! it was bumpin at downtown HB! we should have drove through. The NSX was running so well being super warm and my tires all sticky, it was just awesome i couldn't stop revving it.

P.S Les you shoulda raced that Z06 that was toyin with us on jamboree, you got that forced induction man, lol just kidding.

Thank you, Les, for getting us all together and leading us on a fun drive on Ortega Highway, Live Oak, Santiago Canyon and Silverado Canyon. I really enjoyed the drive and appreciate your effort. Lunch was yummy at the California Kitchen and it was good to sit and get to know my NSX friends a little better. :smile:

I'm sorry to learn that Ed (NSXrunner) will be moving to Colorado soon. :frown:

Patty, I'm glad you had a good time. We will be doing more drives soon:smile:

drive was sweeeet, good job Les! it was bumpin at downtown HB! we should have drove through. The NSX was running so well being super warm and my tires all sticky, it was just awesome i couldn't stop revving it.

P.S Les you shoulda raced that Z06 that was toyin with us on jamboree, you got that forced induction man, lol just kidding.

Mike, I was thinking about hitting Main St but didn't know if you were headed there or home:redface:, my bad as it would have a perfect way to end the drive.
I couldn't get next to the Z06 where it was open or I might have:biggrin:

I want to thank all that showed up, it was a great time. We will be doing another drive very soon:smile:

Anyone that wants to do a little more aggressive drive on Ortega Hwy PM me and we can set one up but it will be an early start time (6-7:00):eek: to beat the crowd.

Last edited:
A few photos from today.

Lining up near Cars and Coffee...

IMG_1769110305NSXs.jpg

IMG_1774110305Cars.jpg

IMG_1772110305cars.jpg

IMG_1775110305GsNSX.jpg

IMG_1781110305Cars.jpg

At the gas station...

IMG_1786110305Cars.jpg

IMG_1784110305LesNSX.jpg

On the Ortega Highway...

IMG_1795110305Cars.jpg

Just before heading in to California Pizza Kitchen...

IMG_1798110305Peps.jpg

Thanks for sharing. It put another smile on my face like the one I had during the drive:smile:

Weee I had lots-o-fun. Thanks for setting it up Les. Sorry I missed C&C for waking up late, but hey worked pretty well because I timed it properly and ran into you guys on Ortega. Hope everyone had a safe ride home! Till the next meet or drive. *wave*

Yeah I am Colorado bound mid to late April, hopefully its only for a couple years though. I look at it as spreading the NSX word to the heathens :biggrin: ...i'll be surrounded by Subaru's out there. At least that's what it seemed like the last couple times I was out there. Maybe I'll trade the Fit in for one...:wink:

PS Hey Mike just a fair warning as I used to live there. Huntington Beach cops tend to be no fun, so next time you are over there in the NSX. Keep an eye out in case you get a sudden attack of lead-foot-itis.

Last edited:
Thanks, Les for organizing the fun drive, and to Patty for sharing pictures. Picture-perfect day for c&c and a drive. Hope there's more to come. Great to meet existing and new people!

I will be back with you guys soon. Either way i'll be back with something special ;)

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. I was consumed with all the activity in the corral at C&C March 5. It was nice seeing a few of you.

Speaking of which, if there are any local McLaren fans out there I received confirmation that on March 12 McLaren Automotive Ltd. will be bringing their long awaited MP4-12C, as well as the iconic F1, to Cars and Coffee on March 12th. I just may have to do a C&C back-to-back to see those two cars. This time, I will bring my NSX. I am up for an after C&C road trip if Les and any others are game for a March 5 repeat- different route, of course. :biggrin:

It was the perfect day for a drive. Thanks to Les for setting this up and to all who came out. My friend enjoyed her first canyon run and was fascinated by the back roads and small towns that she now knows exist in SoCal. :D

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. I was consumed with all the activity in the corral at C&C March 5. It was nice seeing a few of you.

Speaking of which, if there are any local McLaren fans out there I received confirmation that on March 12 McLaren Automotive Ltd. will be bringing their long awaited MP4-12C, as well as the iconic F1, to Cars and Coffee on March 12th. I just may have to do a C&C back-to-back to see those two cars. This time, I will bring my NSX. I am up for an after C&C road trip if Les and any others are game for a March 5 repeat- different route, of course. :biggrin:

I didn't get to talk to you, Steve, but I did see you. Thanks for the heads-up on the McLarens.

Back