• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce OEM 2002 Side Skirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to lock this up today guys. Anyone needing to be put on the list, let me know by the end of the day. I will be locking the list tonight.

Thanks for the interest and support!

Done! If you have no already messaged me about payment, please do so ASAP.

Sorry to those who missed out on the special pricing. I tried to give fair notice.

Thanx Ben,

Any photo's of your product installed, painted or not please?

regards

Paul

This photo depicts what the sides will look like. It was posted just a few posts above:

792910NSX121605b.jpg

Since we have to make the molds, there is no way to post a photo of the actual part just yet.

Hi Ben,

I've been trying to get a hold of Peter for a while now with no luck. Is he out or something? You can reply to me via pm. Thanks.

Sorry to get off topic.

PM sent sir!

Peter has shifted most of his time over to the design/manufacturing side of the company.

If this has anything to do with sales or marketing, it would be better if Ray or I help you. :)

If no deposit has been made, names will be removed from the list. You can take one of their spots if a deposit isn't made shortly by the ones who have not paid yet.

Ben

1. Senninha (paid)
2. NSFRBLX (paid)
3. lowend (paid)
4. NSXROC (paid)
5. David NSX(paid)

List is now locked! Thanks for the support. I will update you shortly!

Ben

So a locked list means no parts or no discounts? Sorry if I am being dense here.

Sorry about the late update. We should be going to the mold stage in about 1 week or so from now. I will post photos of the plug as we get closer to that stage.

For those who have asked, this list for the intro pricing is locked. Sorry for those who missed out on it.

Sorry about the late update. We should be going to the mold stage in about 1 week or so from now. I will post photos of the plug as we get closer to that stage.

Is there an update?

The skirts are almost done, right now we are having a bit of problems with the door piece. The factory door piece is very wavey so we are trying to stiffen it up and this is a very slow process. Just to let you know, this skirt will install just like the factory one where you will slide it on and off, so there is no brackets needed. All mounting points are reinforced with carbon fiber.

Thank you,
Peter

The skirts are almost done, right now we are having a bit of problems with the door piece. The factory door piece is very wavey so we are trying to stiffen it up and this is a very slow process. Just to let you know, this skirt will install just like the factory one where you will slide it on and off, so there is no brackets needed. All mounting points are reinforced with carbon fiber.

Thank you,
Peter

Will the square hole in the front fender be needed, or is there another mounting solution that you have come up with?

The factory sideskirts have much more flex than our part, so that is why that extra mounting point is needed.

Our sideskirts will not require this mounting point, since our part is lighter, and more rigid than the factory piece.

So in short, you will not need the square mounting point in the front fender.

Ben

Our sideskirts will not require this mounting point, since our part is lighter, and more rigid than the factory piece.Ben
Hi Ben,

IIRC, wasn't it mentioned that double sided body tape would be needed rather than the square hole?

What is the method for installing the door pieces (once they've stopped waving at passers by:wink: )

regards, Paul

3m tape will be provided as needed. Once the part is closer to being complete, I will give more detail about the installation.

can't wait to see the end product installed.....I will be looking to get a set if it looks and fits like factory. :smile:

Thank you,
Peter

How are the door pieces coming along?

I'll see if there is anything "photo worthy" to post when I get to the office today.

Here is where we are on the door panels. The sideskirt mold is almost complete. I can't take photos of where we are at though. It would give away too many secrets. :)

NSXCF002-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back