• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce OEM 2002 Side Skirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered a set from the site... since my car is being completely redone and with the 02 front and rear, now's the time to do it... along with some CW paint :biggrin:

eta on these if I just ordered from the site?

I just ordered a set from the site... since my car is being completely redone and with the 02 front and rear, now's the time to do it... along with some CW paint :biggrin:

eta on these if I just ordered from the site?

Your order is scheduled to ship early next week. I will see if I can push for it to get out by this Friday though.

Thanks for your order!

Ben

awesome!!! thanks again, can't wait to recieve them and get them on there in the offwhite paint!

Great service and I haven't even got he parts yet! Thanx to the tracking info and help from Ray, the parts are at the local depot so only a matter of days now :smile:

I was at the bodyshop yesterday and they have booked paint and install time. Will post photo's when done

Did I mention how excited I am about this .......? :biggrin:

regards, Paul

Great service and I haven't even got he parts yet! Thanx to the tracking info and help from Ray, the parts are at the local depot so only a matter of days now :smile:

I was at the bodyshop yesterday and they have booked paint and install time. Will post photo's when done

Did I mention how excited I am about this .......? :biggrin:

regards, Paul

No Problem Paul,

you should be recieving your Downforce parts shortly!

Thanks Again for your order.

:)

RayDF

Hey guys, have you installed your side skirts? Any pictures to share?

I finally got my camera back so I took some pictures tonight right before it's getting dark. With a bunch of people attacking Ben and DF, I thought I show some support by spreading some good words base of ACTUAL experience about DF.

Ever since I pre-ordered the product, I contacted DF from time to time to obtain status update. All the communication were good and the production progress updates were provided along the way. When the production was completed, I received the kit soon after. The side skirts and the door pieces priced at less than 50% of the OEM ones. There was nothing that I could complain about my transaction.

I didn't have time to clean my car a bit so..... Here are some pictures (i don't think I am a good picture taker)

SS1.JPG

SS5.JPG

SS2.JPG

SS3.JPG

SS4.JPG

You will need 8 of the clips (right of the picutre) on each side and 2 of the fasteners (left of the picture) on each side.

SS7.JPG

You can re use the ones on the car. You will have 2 extra clips left since the DF replica only use total of 16. As far as the fasteners go, I only ended up using 2 of them (in the rear of each side). If I try to install all four fasteners, the side skirts will not align right. If you decide to re use the original clips, make sure that the foam cushion on the clips are still good. Most of the foam cushion on my clips were old and they were paper thin. I believe the foam cushion is used to prevent rattling.

I went to Joann's Fabric and bought a piece of thin foam sheet and created a few pieces of the foam cusion for the clips. See picture:

SS8.JPG

The installation of the side skirts was very easy. You spend more time removing the wheels to secure the screws than the actual side skirt install. You want to make sure that once the clips are installed on the clip holders of the side skirt, the clips are able to move around to ease the install of the side skirts onto the car. If you have a hard time putting the clips onto the clip holders, check to see if the clip holders are too thick. I used a metal filer to "thin" them down. A couple of the clip holder opening were too narrorw and I used Dremel to widen them.

I trusted the DF quality that I really didn't test fit the parts before sending them to my painter. When the parts came back from the paint shop, by the way, my painter did an excellent job with the painting and the color matching, I installed the side skirts with my buddy's help.

The easiest way to put the side skirts on the car is by two people. With the door open, align the clips with the holes on the car and just push the side skirts in. Then, secure the front and the rear. When securing the front screws, make sure the front end of the side skirt is as far up as possible and secure the screw in. This is prevent and minimize the space between the body of the car and the side skirt(the area circled by the blue circle in the picture):

SS10.jpg

Once the side skirts are installed, continue with installing the door pieces. The roll of the double-sided adhesive tape provided by DF did the trick. The door pieces are "taped" to the door firmly.

Overall, I am extremely impress with the fitment of the side skirts and the door pieces. They look exactly 02 OEM! I was amazed about the precison of the sizes of the side skirts and the door pieces. Personally, I like the clean look of the 02+ side skirts. Now I feel the car is more "updated".

Last edited:
Nice. Time to save up for the sideskirts.

Hi,

I would also echo the positive comments regarding the sales and service I have received from Downforce. The only minor hiccup was at UK customs who decided to forget about the package for several days :mad: However, a quick mail to Ray, who chased the parcel and the office involved, and all was resolved (albeit after $150 of UK tax :frown: )

Like NSXROC, I didnt test fit before painting and my confidence was well placed as fitment was straightforward. A minor observation, but this may only apply to my car, is that the drivers side (UK) could have benefitted from an extra few mill of material to ensure it tucked under the lip of the chassis more positively.

All in all, a great product that has updated my NSX as I wished, with great after sales from Ray and his team.

A couple of pics so you can see the results. Please excuse me that the NSX is not clean, its been raining all week here!!

Regards and Thanx, Paul

Last edited:
Hey nsxroc and paul,

Thanks for posting pics. :biggrin:
They sure look good!

OK whose next?

RayDF

Anybody have some more pics of these after installation? Now that time has gone by, pro's/con's?

Thanks in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back