• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Downforce OEM 2002 Side Skirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay looks like I will be doing the 2002 OEM Side skirts starting in January. Price for the set and door panels are $925. If you want to be on the first 10 with the special pricing of $799 please email [email protected]. Our door pieces uses double sided tape and requires no drill on the door or fenders. I am also going to include the nut clips as well.

OEM Information
If you wanted to go the OEM route here are the part numbers needed. You will also need to drill a square hole on the front fender and on the door for the door piece. I did not list everything because you can reuse the rubber seals, plastic clips, bolts, etc.

Honda Part Number / Description / List Price
71801-SL0-010ZZ Skirt R $792.17
71851-SL0-010ZZ Skirt L $792.17
75313-SL0-003 Door Clip $2.47 x 2
71811-SL0-000 Separator Sill $24.16 x 2
71814-SL0-000 Lip Side Sill $8.32 x 2
75312-SL0-000ZZ Door Piece R $354.73
75332-SL0-000ZZ Door Piece L $354.73
=====================================
Total $2363.70

Last edited:
nsxpowered said:
Okay looks like I will be doing the 2002 OEM Side skirts starting in January. Price for the set and door panels are $925. If you want to be on the first 10 with the special pricing of $799 please email [email protected].

I dont have the part numbers handy and was just curious, how much savings is this off OEM list/net? PM ME if you'd like.

The Kid said:
I dont have the part numbers handy and was just curious, how much savings is this off OEM list/net? PM ME if you'd like.
Did a quick search and just the door piece + mounting hardware and the side skirts add up to $1746 already. This is definitely a good deal! I would get it if I were doing an '02 conversion.

blackna1 said:
Did a quick search and just the door piece + mounting hardware and the side skirts add up to $1746 already. This is definitely a good deal! I would get it if I were doing an '02 conversion.

You are about correct, NSXSupra/Jason paid slightly over $2k after paint job.

nsxpowered said:
Okay looks like I will be doing the 2002 OEM Side skirts starting in January. Price for the set and door panels are $925. If you want to be on the first 10 with the special pricing of $799 please email [email protected]. Our door pieces uses double sided tape and requires no drill on the door or fenders. I am also going to include the nut clips as well.

Seriously interested in this deal. A few questions if I may:
1. What material will they be available in, plastic, Fiberglass, CF?
2. How will fit and finish compare to OEM?
3. Will installation require additional parts/fabrication?
4. Will they use OEM fixing points?
5. Would you ship to UK, SS7 5ST?

I'm also watching your diffusor development so may be interested in OEM valance plus one of your diffusor options.

E-mail sent to register interest.

Regards

Paul

this sounds like a great product.

One note not a big deal, just in the name of providing accurate info, I put the OEM side skirts on my NA2 (this was not an option at the time) and you don't need to drill holes in the front fenders. the clip on the oem skirt slides off and you can then use double sided tape (just like on the honda uses on the oem door extension top edge) to hold the top front of the skirt to the fender.

thanks
Tom

You can count me in ..

I have the same questions as Paul. (Senninha)
Senninha said:
4. Will they use OEM fixing point.
Also, can you provide the weight of your offering vs OEM weight.

Sent you email
Carlos

based on some of my own personal experience from DF parts, along with others on this forum... i'd say we shouldn't see even an issue with fitment... safe to say it'll be damn near perfect... :tongue:

lowend said:
How can I signup for a set? I want one. I send email [email protected] but no response. Do you take paypal?

Thanks.

I will make an updated list this afternoon of all the people who have emailed me to get on the list. Questions about the product should be posted here. This way I am not answering the same questions over and over again. :)

Thanks!

NSFRBLX said:
You can count me in ..

I have the same questions as Paul. (Senninha)

Also, can you provide the weight of your offering vs OEM weight.

Sent you email
Carlos

Will not be able to supply this data until the part is actually made obviously.

To answer your questions:

Senninha said:

FRP and possibly in CF as an option.

As usual, Downforce components fit very well. Quality is superb.

If any additional hardware or special mounting solution is needed, it will always be included.

4. Will they use OEM fixing points?

We always try to utilize OE mounting solutions whenever possible.

5. Would you ship to UK, SS7 5ST?

Downforce ships worldwide. We have quite a few existing customers from the UK.

Our side skirts on average weigh in around 3.5 lbs per side. I will get the weight of the OEM very soon.

Okay got the weight: OEM is 4 lbs - 11 oz per panel.

factory02fender.jpg

here is a picture of the 2002+ front fender where the hole was cut to allow the mounting clip. The OEM side skirts is made out of a material which could be bent easily (or another term is very low modulus). Because of this property the manufacturer would make sure it is properly secured with the mounting tape which is a rubber wedge that sticks to the back of the side skirt and then double sided tape to the fender and the side skirt. Then below that there is a plastic clip similar to those in the side skirts already at a new location as shown. The OEM material is very nice and should be made out of TPO, and is undoubtedly better than urethane. Those with Urethane know that it can't be repaired and is as good as gone once a cut or tear is made. With TPO you can repair. Of course the main reason is the durability of TPO. On the fiberglass version it is much stiffer and will not need the wedge or the clip on the front fender area. I will however include the wedge if neccessary as a finishing touch to match with the factory. I feel the hole should not be cut in the front fender for obvious reasons with our parts.

We will attempt to make this side skirt mount the same way as the OEM which had not been done before from any other manufacturer. The plan is to make the mounting points out of pure kevlar for additional strength and tear resistance. If possible we will include factory seals and gaskets as well. I want to make this product as close to the OEM solution as possible.

Last edited:
Current list. (Max 10)

1. Senninha
2. NSFRBLX
3. lowend

If you have not already, please contact me via email to get your name on the list.

For this introductory price, we are requiring prepay.
[email protected]
$799 + shipping. We can bill you for the shipping, or email me directly to get an accurate shipping quotation.

Our target ship date is the first week of February. Deposit is 100% refundable.

Remember, 10 people max on this price. First come, first served!

Hi Ben,

I sent you the PM the day Peter posted this. Please put me on the first 10 list.

Thanks

Current list. (Max 10)

1. Senninha (paid)
2. NSFRBLX
3. lowend (paid)
4. NSXROC
5. David NSX

If you have not already, please contact me via email to get your name on the list.

[email protected]
$799 + shipping. We can bill you for the shipping, or email me directly to get an accurate shipping quotation.

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures of the 2002 skirts on an NA1 body without the front and rear panels? Or am I wrong and the front and rear are not changed? Thanks.

Keith

Current list. (Max 10)

1. Senninha
2. NSFRBLX (paid)
3. lowend (paid)
4. NSXROC
5. David NSX

[email protected]

PayPal sent for Side Skirts ... wil email shipping details for costs etc

Regards and Happy New Year

Paul

Current list. (Max 10)

1. Senninha (paid)
2. NSFRBLX (paid)
3. lowend (paid)
4. NSXROC
5. David NSX(paid)

[email protected]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back