Dodge NEON Srt-4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moltenice said:
oh and how much is the typical NSX payment? Im sure if i traded my 2003 celica and the 2004 srt-4 ($900 in payments)... i could probably afford one. But then again, i would have to mod the hell out of it just to get back to where i was....... :cool:

Come on man, don't get silly. Everyone here respects what the Neon SRT-4 can do and it was getting fairly decent props so far.

You really DONT sound like you're happy you bought it because you're too strongly defending its name.

The NSX is a completely impractical, $90k car (overpriced I admit, but thats what it is).

Used, you can manage to get one for $31k if you're willing to own an even MORE impractical (no warranty) 12 year old exotic as your only car.

You cant aggregate the value of two cars and say "see, I can afford to own a [whatever]" because it doesnt work that way.

The "I could afford that if I REALLY wanted to" argument is kind of silly because people who ACTUALLY can afford something never need to say that.

If you wouldnt want to own an NSX no matter what it cost, that's totally cool, but lets not BS with the money issue. I admit that I would want, but cannot afford to own, a Ferrari 355 (even though I could afford to buy one) and that I wouldnt buy a Ferrari 348 even if I could afford to own it.

All of that said, why do people with Lancer Evolutions, Neon SRT-4s and (lately) even Corvettes feel the need to endlessly troll Porsche, NSX, Ferrari and Viper forums looking for arguments? Isnt the NSX a weirdly obscure enough car to be left alone? Are the 200 sold per year really bothering people that much?

Its so strange because its obvious that 99.9% of Porsche, Viper, NSX or Ferrari owners are NOT going to be cross-shopping an Evo or an SRT-4, so what are you trying to accomplish? You wont convince anyone to sell an NSX to buy one you know right?

well actually, i do like the NSX, and I came over here initially to correct some of the ignorance in a post. An i enjoyed the site. You guys seemed cool.
BUT in the confusion, i just posted up on the neon topic and then all of a sudden we have some better then you, your on a soap box guys turning it all around. I actually have no real interest in this subject, you all just turned it around an made me go on the defense.
For the guys who named off the windows, healiner.. blah blah blah.... the sky is falling... whoa whoa whoa, before you go running outside, learn not to take everything so literally. I guess i should have been more specific.

you call you car exotic :rolleyes: i agree it is exotic, but its still the neon of the exotic world. The idea of one of you guys buying a new NSX over a Z06 or a SRT-10 is just crazy..... I have a bridge i would like to sell you.. ;) ..
The NSX is no where near those cars in any aspect, and the fuggin thing costs more then them both..... :eek: :confused:
Now a used one is a great deal and i remember a magazine doing a article on how to shop for a NSX, which i found interesting...... they mentioned how the car has changed very little since it first came out and that a used on at 30-40K is a great deal and i am seirously thinkin of tryin to get my hands on one....

spookyp said:
All of that said, why do people with Lancer Evolutions, Neon SRT-4s and (lately) even Corvettes feel the need to endlessly troll Porsche, NSX, Ferrari and Viper forums looking for arguments? Isnt the NSX a weirdly obscure enough car to be left alone? Are the 200 sold per year really bothering people that much?

well i am on alot of boards... and i just am a car enthusiast in general and that's why i decided to continue to post here... but for other it may just be that one of you may have said something about a certain type of car and someone noticed and came over, much like i did initially. i did a search with srt-4 in it and a link to this post came up, and i saw it was at a nsx board so i came over too see what was said and then i corrected a statement and thats how it all started... and thats probably how alot of it starts.. or it could be tha people just want to pick on more expensive cars with the same performance level.....

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Speed is not everything!!! I own a cheap LITTLE 600cc Yamaha. I could have a 1000cc Suzuki. I prefer my small agile 600 over the big Suzuki. I have put the arguement to rest many times on the track and leave the big egoed 150 hp Suzuki rider scratching his head trying to figure out how my little 100hp 600 just cleaned his clock!!! By the way.......I could have sold both of my bikes and bought a NEON, but then I would have to spends BIG $'s modifying it just to be back to square one. So here we have it again.......something cost half as much and is LOTS faster! Gets 45 mpg too!!!
Face it......something is always faster, but nothing I have driven gives me the enjoyment I get out of driving my NSX. Keep trying, but you will not see me at the Dodge dealership anytime soon.....and the day that a dodge salesman ask me if I am ready to trade up will be the day you see me on the front page of the newspaper!!!

Moltenice said:
well actually, i do like the NSX, and I came over here initially to correct some of the ignorance in a post. An i enjoyed the site. You guys seemed cool.
BUT in the confusion, i just posted up on the neon topic and then all of a sudden we have some better then you, your on a soap box guys turning it all around. I actually have no real interest in this subject, you all just turned it around an made me go on the defense.
For the guys who named off the windows, healiner.. blah blah blah.... the sky is falling... whoa whoa whoa, before you go running outside, learn not to take everything so literally. I guess i should have been more specific.

you call you car exotic :rolleyes: i agree it is exotic, but its still the neon of the exotic world. The idea of one of you guys buying a new NSX over a Z06 or a SRT-10 is just crazy..... I have a bridge i would like to sell you.. ;) ..
The NSX is no where near those cars in any aspect, and the fuggin thing costs more then them both..... :eek: :confused:
Now a used one is a great deal and i remember a magazine doing a article on how to shop for a NSX, which i found interesting...... they mentioned how the car has changed very little since it first came out and that a used on at 30-40K is a great deal and i am seirously thinkin of tryin to get my hands on one....

this is nothing to do with better than you soap-box guys, this is about you being a tool.

You come on here and dig up an old thread to say
1) top speed is higher than was posted (big deal)
then
2) An SRT-4 is not a neon (It is as my photo shows)
then
3) An SRT-4 shares virtually nothing with the SXT neon (actually it does, lots)
then
4) For the price of the NSX you can afford your two cars and have lots of power (again, we don't care)
5) the nsx is the neon of the exotic world (call it what you want, I'm okay with that, because I'm OKAY WITH THE CAR I OWN)

the only soap-box guy here is YOU, the reason I'm still here is because you make such horrible arguments someone has to point them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back