Do you eat healthy?

Dinner:
Half because I eat healthy, and half because I'm broke.

I hope your not eating more than 2 servings of Tuna per week, high in mercury if you do. I also enjoy this treat but lately I have switched to plain lowfat yogurt.

We have to have a First Class medical every 6 months for the FAA (ATP). I lost 24 lbs last time between medicals. My blood pressure was at the bottom of the range and the Dr asked if I was eating healthy?

Marlborough Lights, Diet Coke and Peanut M&Ms.

+1 , although I go for Snickers bars......smoking occasionally, usually when a quiet moment of reflection on the day beckons or some such. Poor man's cigar :wink:

I'm about 20 lb heavier than I'd like to be, but come summertime I lose it fast, with all of the gardening and landscaping around the house. Plus, doing a new garage roof in the spring, so it'll def go.....

Cholesterol's always been low, and BP is right on, and I eat like complete crap. I don't eat red meat, though....by the time I cook it, it's turning gray from sitting in the fridge :biggrin: ..........j/k

My eating philosophy is: If it tastes good, it's good to eat. I figure I'm at my half life right now, so eating steak tartare and chicken wings isn't going to make me drop dead. I avoid alcohol, sugar, and I don't smoke. If it's orange in color I don't eat it. I hate carrots!! If you can fry it, put it on my plate. I don't have cholesterol problems but I do have some genetically inherited health issues that are controlled very easily by meds.

See ya in the junk food isle. :biggrin:

I've eaten healthy all my life, but especially in the last five years since I've been in remission from cancer.

I eat as healthy as I can. Meaning, all fresh made, mostly veggies with a little meat added, always a good Mediterranean or similar salad on the side and so on. I'm a pretty good cook which allows room for a variety of foods. I tend to cook Greek, Balkan and Chinese foods.

I have the Magic Bullet food processor and I've been crazy about shakes lately. Banana + Blueberry + Fat Free Yogurt = Awesome!

Bad habit - When drunk, I may make a Tostinos Pizza. I sometimes eat late at night which is a no-no! I also smoke when I drink. I need to quit both but my hopes are high now since I'm moving to Denver on Monday. I'll be partying less.

80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80% of the time, and the other 20% is not going matter much:eek:. Everything in moderations.

80/20 rule. Eat healthy 80% of the time, and the other 20% is not going matter much:eek:. Everything in moderations.
That's about how I am. I eat healthy for my meals (small, 6x/day) but allow myself a little treat each day - a couple bites of ice cream, couple pieces of chocolate. I'm only 24 but I also work out 4-5x/wk. I figure if you get the main things right (most people don't know just how bad most of the stuff they are eating is for you) you can indulge a little as well, as long as you keep it within reason.

I truly am shocked by how little attention most people pay to what they're eating. Just yesterday I heard two stories that pointed this out. One guy who eats Quizno's EVERY day - have you ever looked up their nutrition facts? A pretty innocent-looking sandwich can have your full daily value of fat and sodium - nothing on their menu is even close to decent for you. The other story was my g/f's dad, who isn't overweight by any means but has high cholesterol. He blames it on eating a lot of seafood - but then my g/f told me he also eats a bowl of ice cream every day before bed. Yeah man, it's the friggin' seafood...

We have to have a First Class medical every 6 months for the FAA (ATP). I lost 24 lbs last time between medicals. My blood pressure was at the bottom of the range and the Dr asked if I was eating healthy?

Marlborough Lights, Diet Coke and Peanut M&Ms.

How bout we get some margaritas, soon, too. That ought to clear up your LDL issues.

Yes as best I can. I cook all my meals and dont eat crap, and no this is not a new years thing it's a I want to live long to enjoy my life thing.

Some people do not understand foods though, is eating bacon and eggs okay for you? Sure it's good eggs are the most complete protein you can eat, bacon is fine as well if you get all natural without the nitrates. The key is when I eat food it is doing a job, I have to eat about 300g a day or proteen to keep getting stronger so that's a lot of eggs / beef / chicken / shakes. I also hired a great nutritionist to help me with my meal plans, this guy also does the foods for the LA Lakers.

The key for me is keeping the carbs about 120-150g, protein at 300g +- 30 and fats as much as I want but dont go too crazy because they are very cal dense = 9cals per gram.

P.S. The ONLY time I eat fruit or anything sweet is around my workout to help get the protein into my body.

P.S.S I gained 25 pounds of lean body mass last year so it must be working ;)

Damn good stuff! A nutritionist is the best investment you can make with your money as you only have one body. Keep it up man.

I don't eat junk very often and we don't keep much in the house, so that's a big help. You can't eat what isn't available!

I take my lunch to work each day and it's the same thing we ate for supper the day before, so that's usually pretty healthy. My wife is full-time at home now so she's making a "real" supper every single night. It's great!

So, that means a good piece of meat for protein, a salad, and some side dishes (veggies, usually, or potatoes) and a bit of bread. Juice or water to drink. Nothing fatty and not much sugar-loaded food (the juice is the worst, probably).

I'll usually grill six or eight chicken breasts on Monday night with half of them done with one marinade and the other half with another. We'll eat some that night (grilled chicken a caesar salad with homemade dressing), I'll take a few to work over the next few days, and then we'll do chicken pitas or wraps (with the other marinaded chicken) another night. That makes it cheap to eat ($11 for five pounds of chicken breast at Sam's Club) and healthy, too. My wife will usually do some ribs or steak or something for another two nights, plus we'll have one night where we'll just do something fast and easy.

For breakfast, I always have a fruit smoothie (one cup yogurt, one cup fruit, 2/3 cup of fruit juice). Occasionally I'll grab a muffin as well (blueberry or chocolate).

I don't eat junk very often and we don't keep much in the house, so that's a big help. You can't eat what isn't available!

I take my lunch to work each day and it's the same thing we ate for supper the day before, so that's usually pretty healthy. My wife is full-time at home now so she's making a "real" supper every single night. It's great!

So, that means a good piece of meat for protein, a salad, and some side dishes (veggies, usually, or potatoes) and a bit of bread. Juice or water to drink. Nothing fatty and not much sugar-loaded food (the juice is the worst, probably).

I'll usually grill six or eight chicken breasts on Monday night with half of them done with one marinade and the other half with another. We'll eat some that night (grilled chicken a caesar salad with homemade dressing), I'll take a few to work over the next few days, and then we'll do chicken pitas or wraps (with the other marinaded chicken) another night. That makes it cheap to eat ($11 for five pounds of chicken breast at Sam's Club) and healthy, too. My wife will usually do some ribs or steak or something for another two nights, plus we'll have one night where we'll just do something fast and easy.

For breakfast, I always have a fruit smoothie (one cup yogurt, one cup fruit, 2/3 cup of fruit juice). Occasionally I'll grab a muffin as well (blueberry or chocolate).

Get that fruit juice out, look on the back it's all sugar and no fruit :) about 120 cals for 8oz too, milk is a much better choice at the same cals for full fat.

Get that fruit juice out, look on the back it's all sugar and no fruit :) about 120 cals for 8oz too, milk is a much better choice at the same cals for full fat.

Good point. I never juice fruit for that reason.:eek:

Milk doesn't generally agree with me. I'm not lactose intolerant, per se, but I'm definitely somewhat sensitive to it. Upsets my stomach occasionally. I don't think 2/3 cup (about 5 ounces) of sugary juice is going to be my downfall...

Milk doesn't generally agree with me. I'm not lactose intolerant, per se, but I'm definitely somewhat sensitive to it. Upsets my stomach occasionally. I don't think 2/3 cup (about 5 ounces) of sugary juice is going to be my downfall...

I think Ryan might be referring to welchs and Hi-c stuff. You can get the organic juices and just read the label. Most of the Welchs and others have HFCS plus sugar. Natural sugars are ok.

Also have you tried Rice milk? I'm lactose intolerant when it comes to drinking milk and find rice milk a good alternative.

I think Ryan might be referring to welchs and Hi-c stuff. You can get the organic juices and just read the label. Most of the Welchs and others have HFCS plus sugar. Natural sugars are ok.

Also have you tried Rice milk? I'm lactose intolerant when it comes to drinking milk and find rice milk a good alternative.

I can have rice milk mixed in with something but I don't like it on something like cereal. I'll usually buy "lactose-free" milk if I'm eating cereal or something with a milk base to it...

I've eaten healthy all my life, but especially in the last five years since I've been in remission from cancer.

I eat as healthy as I can. Meaning, all fresh made, mostly veggies with a little meat added, always a good Mediterranean or similar salad on the side and so on. I'm a pretty good cook which allows room for a variety of foods. I tend to cook Greek, Balkan and Chinese foods.

I have the Magic Bullet food processor and I've been crazy about shakes lately. Banana + Blueberry + Fat Free Yogurt = Awesome!

Bad habit - When drunk, I may make a Tostinos Pizza. I sometimes eat late at night which is a no-no! I also smoke when I drink. I need to quit both but my hopes are high now since I'm moving to Denver on Monday. I'll be partying less.

You, Sir, are the smartest man on this board.

Gods gift to Mankind: Totinos Frozen Party Pizza.
$0.99 at Wal-Mart
740 calories per pizza.

Had two today...Always have two before football.

My once a week special meal...the pounds fall off after the football season ends.

MMMMMmmmmmmmm love em.

Ya fruit is okay, I keep my carbs around 150 a day, carbs are not needed at all but I think under 120 you go into ketosis.

Back