Do these count?

With Gran Turismo 3 just days from release in Japan, I thought I'd post some NSX-centric screen shots:

306.jpg

326.jpg

fullsize25.jpg

88_4.jpg

88_2.jpg

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 27 April 2001).]

153.jpg

154.jpg

is gran turismo 3 only on psx 3 or or psx also

also when is the realsed date in USA

or how about ISO
smile.gif

Gran Turismo 3 is only on PS2. Though I work for a developer (and one that's a subsidiary of Sony no less) I unfortunately never get copies of games early...unless you count Japanese official releases (we can play Japanese region coded games on our debug units at the office).

I'm as nutty as the next guy over this game...I'm DYING to get my hands on the final version. I've played this game in one form or another at the past couple of E3's and got to play a more recent version at the PS2 launch party (about the same build that has circulated as a demo with various mags...so it still lacked a lot of the polish that has gone into it since).

Can't wait...just wish there was an official U.S. date...already pre-ordered my copy through amazon.com

In the meantime, I've gone back to the first Gran Turismo and have heavily modded my red NSX Type S Zero hoping to finally take gold in the GT League races. I know I can do it, but I keep messing up around the final turn of at least one of the races...

And, of course, I enjoy driving my REAL NSX too
wink.gif

I have been running the Mobil 1 NSX in the endurance races the last few times I have played GT2. Endurence is pretty cool, you run 60 laps on the standard courses, but the cool thing is, you have to pit for tires. I just like the realism, maybe when GT3 comes out I will be able to pick up a PS2. Those graffics look incredible.
smile.gif

------------------
See you all in Wisconsin!

The graphics look great, but what about the physical interface? That has always been my issue with game consoles running "simulation" software. No matter how realistic the graphics, it never feels even remotely real to me because I'm sitting in a chair holding a controller in my hand. I've never found a steering wheel that was anything like being behind the wheel of a real car, much less one that offered any realistic feedback.

Well, I haven't tried it myself, but the GT Force force feedback wheel that Logitech is making for GT3 is supposed to be pretty good.

I just bought the Logitec Force feedback wheel and GT3 three days ago...

the graphics are excellent... the physical interface is alot like what Lud is talking about... It takes alot to get used to... the game is inherently difficult.. especially if you're playing the 'simulation' mode trying to win 'credits' (not called money in game) to modify your car.. You start out with 18,000 Cr. and you really can only afford to buy a Mazda Miata for cryin out loud! Even with the stage one turbo I put on it, its fast, but it handles like shit because any sort of suspension upgrade is 5-10k! The modifications area is very limited, altho I'm not sure if it's car specific or not as I've only been able to drive the miata. I'm certainly hoping it is car specific because the mods to choose from are VERY limited, and the prices are outrageous.

Of course you can always play 'arcade' mode and race in the NSX S-Zero (A class) or the racing NSX Mugen (S class) and there's also another NSX in the S class that I cant remember who its modified by. Arcade mode provides decent entertainment, but I REALLY want to be able to modify my NSX S-Zero... I dont see that happening any time soon!

The courses are interesting.. anywhere from an oval track to a track that looks like a pile of spegetti noodles from above.

It's certainly making you REALLY work to be able to modify any decent car in the game... especially (this is what bugs me most) when you buy the miata for 17k, you have 1k left... and you can only sell it for 4,500!!! WTF! It only has all of 100 miles on it after racing it for about a dozen races.... and of course there's no damage because GT3 just simply doesn't even take into account for that. Changing the oil, (250 Cr) waste of time. Washing the car.... !? Again waste of time and credits... there are several things that bug me..... but luckily I can drive the NSX S-Zero or one of the racing style NSX's against SVT Mustang Cobra R, Corvette Z06 and a few other comparable cars....

The force feedback does give a good bit of information about how the car is going to react in the next corner, but lots of things are missing that you just cant get with any force feedback wheel... things like body roll and change in the car's attitude to tell you when to heel toe and when to whip the tail end out...

All in all, i give it 3 3/4 stars out of 5.

Maybe if i bought an NSX seat and mounted it to some sort of hydrolic device to simulate all the gravitational effects... THEN it would be a really great simlation game.

Until then, its only a game... and in every game, you have to play it like the developers intended rather than how you'd really react in a real life situation.

Once you play it you'll see what i mean.

-Electro

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 13 July 2001).]

Back