Dilemma: sell my s2k for a NSX?

I have a this delima too. hahaha... easy..if someone offered me 20k I'd sell asap and buy an NSX.

LOL I was trying to tell you this earlier. The NSX is larger and heavier ( 200lbs ) than the S2K hence the "solid" and "more planted" .

There are some guys on the board that have their NSxs down to S2K weight:eek: Now that I imagine is quite the experience. 2700-2800 LBS NSX = drool:smile:

well if he drove a NA1, all it takes is bolt ons, test pipe, spare tire/ engine cover removal to drop 100 lbs which only makes the NSX 100lbs heavier than a stock S2K while still maintaining everything on the interior but the nsx will be making anywhere from 260-280whp which is 60-80whp over a S2K.

I would say the reason why the NSX feels more planted is because the car is about 3 inches wider, its lower, it has better aero dynamics, a much slower steering rack, and a more compliant suspension.

well if he drove a NA1, all it takes is bolt ons, test pipe, spare tire/ engine cover removal to drop 100 lbs which only makes the NSX 100lbs heavier than a stock S2K while still maintaining everything on the interior but the nsx will be making anywhere from 260-280whp which is 60-80whp over a S2K.

I would say the reason why the NSX feels more planted is because the car is about 3 inches wider, its lower, it has better aero dynamics, a much slower steering rack, and a more compliant suspension.

260-280whp with just a test pipe??? That's really optimistic those numbers are more in line with a NA2 wouldn't you say?

Also my mistake I meant to say 200-300 lbs as a 00-01 S2K AP1s came in occasionally under 2700 LBS not sure how they were that light. Also it's nice that NA1s were just a little over 3000 to start probably the reason they were able to do early NSX-Rs at 2600 LBS

260-280whp with just a test pipe??? That's really optimistic those numbers are more in line with a NA2 wouldn't you say?

Also my mistake I meant to say 200-300 lbs as a 00-01 S2K AP1s came in occasionally under 2700 LBS not sure how they were that light. Also it's nice that NA1s were just a little over 3000 to start probably the reason they were able to do early NSX-Rs at 2600 LBS

My 1993 put down 261 rwhp and 202 rwtq with a Cantrell AIS, stock airbox, anytime exhaust and stock headers.

My 1991 is probably around 270 rwhp. I have not had it on the dyno. It has DC Headers, HKS exhaust, Cantrell AIS, stock airbox, AC removed. It feels at least as strong as my 1993 was.

It made 267 rwhp under the previous owner, when it had no cats, but also lacked the Cantrell AIS and still had AC.

Early NA1s with minimal weight-reduction (spare tire, bracket, tool kit, engine cover) are under 2950 lbs. My car with no AC, but harness/bar etc. is probably around 2925 lbs.

Well I did say bolt ons since I know test pipes don't add power on a na car. There are a few people here with just a HKS intake putting down 250whp. So thats why I gave it such a large window as the power seems to be all over the place.

Also brahtw8, you lose quit a few lbs by putting on bolt ons, I weighted all the parts that I took off, the engine cover weights 15 lbs, the stock exhaust is over 40 lbs, the cats are like 5 lbs each, the spare tire with air pump and tool kit comes in at around 30 lbs so depending on which exhaust you get, they usually average aroudn 20-25 lbs and so on so you can lose close to 100 lbs pretty easily.

slightly off topic, but how does the clutch on the NSX vs. S2k compare with each other?

Not talking about engagement points, but how hard it is to press the clutch?

FYI: I love light clutches. I have a weak left ankle... grr.

S2K is lighter but they're pretty close to being the same.

Back