Dilemma: sell my s2k for a NSX?

Keep life simple. Sell the S2000 and keep the Accord. After you obtain a NSX, the S2000 will be a distant memory. I sold my Miata years ago and it is out of sight out of mind.

You all agree that DD a S2k and having a NSX for weekends/track can be simply too good?
when I get my nsx i'll keep for weekends/track days while still i will DD my S2k to go to clients etc .. that could be sweet!

Oscar

S2k + NSX is perfect combo. S2k for every day and low maintenance costs, NSXs when you want to be special/weekend etc..

As long as you have no kids; otherwise, having two 2-seater cars are impractical. Not to mention the nagging you're going to get from your wife (unless she's a car person).

You all agree that DD a S2k and having a NSX for weekends/track can be simply too good?
when I get my nsx i'll keep for weekends/track days while still i will DD my S2k to go to clients etc .. that could be sweet!

Oscar

yes but S2Ks love the track just as much as NSXs:biggrin:

I've had 3 s2000's over the years, kept one of them and just got my first NSX. I think most owners here who own an NSX will have either owned or at least drove the s2000.

Most will tell you both cars are night/day so you can't compare the two. The s2000 is a cheap car to mod, great to tinker with and fun to drive. The NSX can be all those things too except modding cost. If you buy a early model, then mod to your hearts desire but if you get a late model one, you may want to think twice about going full "rice" rocket style since it will really kill the resale value.

NSX owners in general are an older crowd and don't favor too many mods unlike the s2000 guys. This is just what I've seen.

As for performance, neither car will win you any stoplight drags but the s2000if you supercharge it I feel is faster off the line than an NSX. But once past about 80mph I think the NSX will pull harder. Again I have not raced either car but just going by my feelings.

I would never own an NSX without the s2000 as a daily. ImO, you can't have the NSX as a daily and the NSX will never drive like an s2000 or vice versa. Since you own an s2000 my suggestion is go find an NSX owner to give you a ride. I think you will be hooked but I suggest you keep the s2000.

ttyl
rick

If I ever needed to sell one of mine, the S2000 would be gone in an instant.

They do compliment each other nicely though.
Here's a shot of mine with a few goodies from Mugen ;)

2385418836_b7ea1bf88e_o.jpg

Yes I do have a garage for the car. I also had a question, is it hard to work on these cars? For example, the supsension, exhaust, etc...Ive done all the work myself on the s2k and rather not have other people touch my car.

I have done all the work on my car since I have owned it. The only thing I was unable to do was the allignment. I've done everything from remove fenders, hood, side skirts, radiators, condensors, timming belt / water pump replaement, valve adjustment, oil changes, caliper rebuild and paint, brake rotor r & r, speed sensor test's and replacement, header install, exhaust r & r, O2 sensor replacement, door panel removal, window thingy install, pulled the entire interior out to clean, whiet face guage install, etc.

It's a car ... if you have any mechanics knowledge, which by the sounds of things you do, then you can do all or most of the work yourself. My advice if you do get an NSX... get the service manual and with the help of Prime members... you can work or repair anything on the car.

I have never driven an S2k ... but I can tell you I love my NSX. I have 95 M3 as my DD. Also owned Mustang 5.0, several Porsche & Corvettes over the years. Nothing has compared to the NSX especially the attention it gets and conversations it creates.

Good luck in your decision.

I guess its a matter of perspective. I drive my NSX every day, I am not saving it for the next guy or concerned with its resale value. So for me it is my car. Driving anything else is a let down. I have two other cars, an 06 BMW 3 series vert (wifes) and an 06 RSX-S for bad winter days. I always feel let down when I have to drive either one of them. So NSX it is for me, though the s2k is a great car on its own.......Steve

Iv never driven an s2k and dont believe iv ever sat or obviously rode in one ....

Dude, next time you're around i'll make sure you can drive mine .. also i will like to drive yours, even if it's on the parking lot ... i was passenger on a Zanardi .. and that thing was fast ... btw you'll get amazed how the NSX is so much bigger and comfy inside ... and how the gears on the S2k are so short almost perfect!

:D
OScar

I like the S2000, but it has so little torque down low it really feels anemic to me. You have to whip it. The NSX just doesn't feel like that. It also has a MUCH better driving position. It is a much more fun car IMO. Just go drive one, you will want one. And that point about depreciation is 100% accurate.

Can someone look at the history of this car for me. I think im going to take a look at it later this week and see if I can get a test drive. VIN is JH4NA115XNT000627

If its going to sit outside in a carport, do yourself a favor and keep the S2K.

I agree with Vance 100%

As a former S2000 owner (AP1 2007 model - yes we still get the 2.0L motor in the Middle East) I know where you're coming from.

The NSX and S2000 compliment each other hugely - S2k for daily use and NSX for weekend fun. But if I had to choose between owning either then hands down the NSX.

Note - I do miss my S2000 though as it was my daily driver. Not anymore as I need a truck everyday... :(

I thought about buying a S2000 before I got my N. I was driving a TTZ at the time and thought about using it as a trade-in for a newer sports coupe. I test drove one and as soon I got into it I thought I was going to die if anything hit me. The damn interior was so tight and small (the door sill is so damn annoying). I am by no means a large person (only about 5'10ish) and it was not comfortable to for 20 minutes so i doubt I could commute in it for 5 hours. The 300ZX and NSX's interior is lot more roomy and comfortable, with the 300zx's interior being a bit roomier. Getting out of these cars are also a lot easier.

The S2K is a smaller car, but yet it's taller than both 1990s coupe. I must say though, that the driving position is much better in the 90s coupes, by far. As soon as I sat in the NSX and drove off to test drive it, I knew that it was coming home with me. I have never experienced such a great driving situation like the NSX or Z32 (The NSX is so similiar in layout and position that it was like I didn't even need to adjust to a new car) and I have commuted for 5 hours straight many of times in both of them. I joke to all my friends sometimes that the car was designed for me.

As far as power goes, needless to say the S2k test drive was disappointing. The power takes forever to build in first gear and I just really do not understand how anyone gets the thrill out of driving a S2k on the streets. You have to rev the hell out of that thing to feel any kind of power sensation and that's just madness to drive like that daily. In no way am I saying that the S2000 is slouch, but you have to drive like a madman to experience some daily torque doses. With the NSX, it's not an issue, power is always on tap and then you experience the same effect as the S2k at higher RPMs, except it sounds, feel and looks even better.

I respect the idea and efficiencies of the S2k, but I honestly believe the NSX is a lot more pratical. Larger cargo/trunk space, better interior space, more power, more exclusive, better looking, dare I say safer and also a removeble roof if you get a NSX-T. I say SELL the S2k and get an NSX. Each year has their advantages and disadvantages as many different owners can argue, but at the end of the day, you still own a better car compared to the S2k. You'll never look back, there is no dilemma.

If you can afford it, GO FOR IT. That's the only dilemma. Try to find a lower mileage one as there are plenty as in percentage wise. I feel that buying a higher mileage NSX for a few grand less than their value is pointless if you have to spend some extra money on fixing anything that is worn and then you will have spent the same money on car with more use/mileage. Most owners who buy these cars have surplus income and will take care of them. Mine had like 15k miles and the guy had the courtesy to do the 60k service before he sold it.

Just my 2 cents.

I was once told ... "Do not drive one unless you plan to buy one."

Sure enough ... drove one and bought one a month later!

Good luck ... I am sure you will not be disapointed.

Well guys I test drove one and I gotta say I fell in love. The car is feels more solid compared to the s2000. Not only that, but it also felt more planted on the road. I think my mind has been made. One question though, are the NSX cable or hydro trannies? The clutch wasn't as springy as my s2000 and I didn't if that was normal or not.

the transmission is cable shifted, but the clutch is hydraulic.

yeah they grab high from the factory, and its a twin disc.

Well guys I test drove one and I gotta say I fell in love. The car is feels more solid compared to the s2000. Not only that, but it also felt more planted on the road. I think my mind has been made. One question though, are the NSX cable or hydro trannies? The clutch wasn't as springy as my s2000 and I didn't if that was normal or not.

LOL I was trying to tell you this earlier. The NSX is larger and heavier ( 200lbs ) than the S2K hence the "solid" and "more planted" .

There are some guys on the board that have their NSxs down to S2K weight:eek: Now that I imagine is quite the experience. 2700-2800 LBS NSX = drool:smile:

Back