Didn't get an NSX

Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that I had been looking to get an NSX for the longest time. But after all was said and done, I ended up getting a 2003 BMW M3 instead. Just turned out to be more practical. Yeah, so thats probably the end of me ever thinking of getting an NSX again. All those day dreams of the NSX and the trolling through this forum were for naught. I started looking into M3's a month ago and ended up getting one of those. Now I'm spending most of my time on m3forum.net. God, these stupid car forums are so freaking addicting. It's like crack almost.

Great car! Make sure you get the Gruppe M exhaust with a rasp eliminator you will love the sound. Ooops did you get an E36 or E46?

2003 is an e46.

I owned an e46 and loved it, myself. A very different car from the NSX, for certain.

Heavier, gruntier, and more of an everyday car. Great performance and beautiful looks to boot, but still a different animal. :smile:

Schnitzer makes some nice bits for it and so does Vorsteiner. $$$ though. The Schnitzer stuff on my car (only had carbon splitter/ carbon diffuser/ rear glass mounted mini roof spoiler) listed at $4500.00 :eek:.

2003 is an e46.

I owned an e46 and loved it, myself. A very different car from the NSX, for certain.

Heavier, gruntier, and more of an everyday car. Great performance and beautiful looks to boot, but still a different animal. :smile:

Schnitzer makes some nice bits for it and so does Vorsteiner. $$$ though. The Schnitzer stuff on my car (only had carbon splitter/ carbon diffuser/ rear glass mounted mini roof spoiler) listed at $4500.00 :eek:.

Doh!

Definatley more of a practical daily driver. With the ability to take 2 more passengers and luggage!

-Great car, driftmobile, and great build quality. Did you get SMG or the 6-speed manual?

Congrats on the nice car, see you on www.bimmerforums.com :biggrin:

M3 is a great selection. I love it so much that I'm going to save for the NSX instead of dumping the M and just getting the Acura.

I got the SMG. I know how to drive stick though, so its not a cop out. I drove a NSX once and it was amazing, but so is the M3. What really drove me to the M3 though was that for the same money as the BMW, I was looking at a '93-'94 NSX with 50k plus miles. I do enjoy the more modern accutriments :biggrin: .
Plus I did need real trunk space, kinda hard to fit a snowboard in a NSX. But golly, every time I play Gran Turismo 4, I gotta take the NSX-R for a lap or two.

I got the SMG. I know how to drive stick though, so its not a cop out. I drove a NSX once and it was amazing, but so is the M3. What really drove me to the M3 though was that for the same money as the BMW, I was looking at a '93-'94 NSX with 50k plus miles. I do enjoy the more modern accutriments :biggrin: .
Plus I did need real trunk space, kinda hard to fit a snowboard in a NSX. But golly, every time I play Gran Turismo 4, I gotta take the NSX-R for a lap or two.

With all due respect... I don't think anyone with half a car brain thinks SMG is a cop out! Near perfectly computer controlled down shifts/rev matches and faster than humanly possible shifts... That's not a cop out :) That's pure performance/F1 thinking :)

M3 is a great selection. I love it so much that I'm going to save for the NSX instead of dumping the M and just getting the Acura.

Smart move they're both keepers!

Definatley more of a practical daily driver. With the ability to take 2 more passengers and luggage!

-Great car, driftmobile, and great build quality. Did you get SMG or the 6-speed manual?

Congrats on the nice car, see you on www.bimmerforums.com :biggrin:

i'm there.. look for 1997purpleM3 .. but i don't really go there :rolleyes:

Dude here's a super deal on a GruppeM.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=146702

This exhaust was awesome! I have it. It's loud at first and then....magic:eek: I wish I could get my NSX to sound this good:frown:

Back