• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

DF v. Jetz

Well thats good to know. :biggrin: if anyone else wants to chime in then feel free. I think johnny would like to know also. Constructive criticism will help him finesse his products to a point where it would be hard to tell the difference between his and the competitors parts.

I would like to see a close up pic of how the jetz wing fits once installed (top view) showing the gaps between the wing and fenders.
Thanks~

^ +1.

I think the wing looks bad ass on any NSX with the Black roof. I also like the smoked clear coat looks sweet. Who on this forum has the Jetz wing with bubbling clear coat? was this just a first batch issue or is this an ongoing issue?

I have DF rear valance, 02+ side skirts and a NSX-r spoiler. If I had the chance to do it all over again I would spend the extra money and go OEM. You can tell the difference in the ABS (OEM) and the fiberglass (DF). The fiberglass is difficult to get as smooth of a finish as the OEM parts just the nature of the fiberglass.

and again another week has passed without a word from jetz....jesus this lack of comunication can´t be good for business!

I have an order waiting on their valance to be shipped :mad:

We are working very hard for our new batch of valances. We recently discover a fitment issue on the side of the valance for the new batch when we installing it for a local customer...the thing with the molds is that problem pops up unexpectedly. The problem is pretty hard to notice and you might not even notice it if I don't tell you, but we really don't want to ship out an imperfect product.

You will be notify when to place your order ok? thanks.

Have a nice day,
David
JETZ Racing

Last edited:
Hi,

the formula red valence you have there sitting for me, also have this issue??
i will send you the rest of the money shortly....very shortly :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

I must say that the waiting game is growing very thin. i don't understand it at all. I sure hope that for the companies sake they get their shit together!!!! Or they will be making parts for GM!!!

IMHO i would rather deal with DF and pay the extra money. they have their shit together and when i buy something i want it fast. Jets has a great thing going. they have great products at half the price! but waiting for 8 weeks and some poor owners 7 months! WTF!!!!!!

I am also a waiting customer when it comes to Jetz. Despite having a broken brake light, the fit/finish and quality of the wing is outstanding. I just think products should be produced and available before taking orders. I know that variates with painted orders, but the waiting time is not so great.

anyone with experience with similar parts from both companies care to comment on comparison of quality, fit, finish, etc. Thanks.

I don't have any experience with Downforce but the Jetz prices attracted me to the carbon fiber type-R rear wing and the 2002 rear valance. I purchased mine maybe five months ago.

My rear wing did not fit well. It was a quarter of an inch too far over to the right. It looked terrible. I had to modify my mount holes on the trunk to get it to look OK. You can't move the bolts on the wing because they're cast in place. It's still just a hair to the right of center but hard to tell. Most people won't notice. Then I had to get rid of the rubber rain gasket for the brake light wire because it didn't line up with the hole in the wing. The overall quality of the wing is just average. The finish is wavy across the top of the wing and I have two white spots (imperfections) in the clear coat right on the top of the wing. I also have what looks to be tiny thin bubbles on thr rear upper edge. Bummer.

The rear valance was only slightly better. I was surprised by how much thinner the Jetz valance was than the stock one. I had to ream out several mount holes to get it to align. The paint (R-77) was OK but just a hair too orange. Again, most people don't notice but a few have. Once it was installed it looked good and is shaped very well.

I don't mean to slam the products because they are still on my car and look good, I was just a little disappointed.

This is a case of "you get what you pay for."

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the Jetz valence also, but I think I'll probably end up going with DF.

DF is more expensive but with the Formula Red they get your vin # to match the paint exactly as well as using a premium glasurit paint.

I'm pretty sure jetz use some cheap clear on there wings while df I know they use Glasurit , from what I hear from painters that is like the top of the line paint.

so you get what you pay for. live and learn . I always learn the hard way

Last edited:
I have just installed the JETZ Side skirts, I have them painted it Berlina Blk. Everything fits great no trimming required and the color match is outstanding.
I have no problem with the fit/ finish of the wing, I think some of the things guys talked about is just the installation holes on the wing needs to be adjusted slightly to the left, I have received nothing but great service from Johnny I'm sure if you contact him the problem will be taking care of. I do agreed with "you get what you pay for", however I'm very satisfy with the JETZ wing, sides and valance on my car.

Attachments

• IMG_2480.jpg
    IMG_2480.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2485.jpg
    IMG_2485.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2493.jpg
    IMG_2493.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2497.jpg
    IMG_2497.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 85
I have no problem with the fit/ finish of the wing, I think some of the things guys talked about is just the installation holes on the wing needs to be adjusted slightly to the left.

Sorry, this is not the case. There are no "installation holes on the wing". The bolts on the wing are cast into the carbon fiber. If you want the wing to sit closer to the center, you have to grind/elongate the holes in the trunk of your NSX.

Moe+Howard.jpg

I think some of the things guys talked about is just the installation holes on the wing needs to be adjusted slightly to the left...

The wing I installed was simply too wide. It overlapped by a good 1-2 mm on both sides. It had to be ground down to stop it from rubbing on the rear quarter panels.

Back