• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

DF v. Jetz

your car looks good! is urs pre 02? if so, where'd u get ur rear valence and skirts? also, did jetz already send u a new wing? how does that one look?

Hi,

sometimes the differences are not visible...probably expensive CF stuff is also lighter :wink:

Nuno

I'm looking at both the DF rear valence as well as Jetz in Formula Red, I'm waiting for DF to get back to me with the painted price since they now have a paint shop. Both parts look identical to me, has anyone seen both. if so is there a difference?

Mike

I agree - CF parts are all made pretty much the same way and for DF to charge x3 times the money for the same part, guess who goes home happy?

It's not really about the carbon fiber, but about the fitment as many have mentioned here. We all know that DF has excellent/OEM-like fitment. From what I have read, Jetz fitments seems to be up par. So with that said, it doesn't seem to make sense to go with DF when a more competitively priced Jetz product is available.

your car looks good! is urs pre 02? if so, where'd u get ur rear valence and skirts? also, did jetz already send u a new wing? how does that one look?

LOL, you must be new here since EVERYONE knows S4Play's NSX (he posts about it all the time ;)). Its a '02+ car, so everything else is oem goodness.

This shot cracks me up:
IMG_2306.jpg

^^Look at the graffiti, looks like an subtle ad for DF (or even APC) products ;)

LOL, you must be new here since EVERYONE knows S4Play's NSX (he posts about it all the time ;)). Its a '02+ car, so everything else is oem goodness.

^^Look at the graffiti, looks like an subtle ad for DF (or even APC) products ;)

You sir have a really good eye for details ~ I didn't even notice the background all this time til after you said it! hahaha :biggrin:

CF quality plays a big part as well as fitment.

For example, the Mugen S2000 CF hood compared to a VIS hood. The weave is tight, even, flawless. The fitment is perfect. The VIS, not so much.

I have a DF spoiler and I can say that the fitment and CF quality is top-notch. I can't comment on the JETZ spoiler since I have not seen it in person.

Hello Every one. I am no longer affiliated with DF But, as Composite consultant now I would like to simply add that I big part of the cost is the quality of the materials being used and their longevity with UV and other elements . that said Many of you will notice the difference long term. One last note the Money that is made with DF stays in this country Not sure where others are making there parts. I know most people are about their pocket book we all do that when looking for the best price. Just stating one more reason for cost increase sometimes. hope every one has a great week. :smile:

^ agree... DF products are made in US, and as the US labor cost is higher, the end price will be higher... and when i say higher, i'm comparing it to China made products. Also quality, that in some aspects can only be really seen after some time :wink:

...Since I hardly drive my car, I didn't even notice it but it was the manufacturer JETZ who actually emailed me asking me if there were imperfections. I went to look and low and behold saw the bubbles. By this time JETZ already agreed to give me a BRAND NEW wing free of charge. They even agreed to send me the new one first so I can re-use the box to ship them the old one back. If this isn't good customer service I don't know what is! :biggrin:

Hey funny you mention the bubbling problem I just got my car out of storage a month ago probably had the Jetz wing on my car less than a year. I hardly drive my car too, had it over at my mechanics to get some work done. My mechanic was admiring the wing and then noticed the same thing I've got random bubbling of the smoked clear coat in random places, right now looks like mostly on the tips and edges of the wings.

I also bought the 02 valence and had it customed for my quad tip exhaust, body guy found some small imperfections in the gel coat & frp small bubbles which looked like hairline cracks but no problem since I didn't have it painted only primer finish. The overall fitment was good, and I'm happy how the widening of the exhaust openings turned out. See http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129822

As for the Wing this is the 2nd wing Johnny sent me, the first one had a small crack in it he replaced it with no problems was damaged while being shipped. This new one also need to be wet sanded on the edge it was rubbing the inside of the trunk rear quarter panels. I sent him a message regarding I'm waiting to hear back guess we'll see what they say about the new found bubbling in the finish. :frown:

Johnny got back to me very quickly regarding he mentioned some of the first batches of the smoked wings had a bubbling issue a mistake made with with the smoke coating process.

We are working through the problem right now...

i want a CF wing so bad but i dont want to spend what DF wants and i dont want a jetz one yet because i want him to fix the blemishes that have surfaced on the batches he has made. :mad:

i want a CF wing so bad but i dont want to spend what DF wants and i dont want a jetz one yet because i want him to fix the blemishes that have surfaced on the batches he has made. :mad:

Chris, thanks for the input. Just wanted to clarify that the blemishe only happened on few sets of "smoke coated" R-wings from our first batch that was made about a year ago. We noticed that a mistake was made on the smoke coating process and thats why like "s4play"-Rick says we are the one who contacted customers if there is any problem. We stay behind our products 100%, if there is any problem we take care of it. I believed many prime members who have bought from us can justify that.

Regards,
David
www.jetzracing.com

Hey Chris just like Johnny mentioned I believe only the smoked clear was affected. I also should mention I have DF & Jetz parts on my car. The Jetz wing as you have seen on my car looks awesome, and my moddified valence is a unique one off. I personally think for the price and I've had very good customer service from Johnny can't be beat for the price. You looking to do the 02 valence as well?

DF stuff is solid as well, I have the NSX-R v2 style hood, and fitment over all is good although the body guy that did my work claimed it was a pain in the ass to align up properly. According to Rob (Factorynsxtech) one of the best fitting hoods he & the guys at Oakville Acura have seen. Also got many compliments last year on NSXPO on the look and fitment of the hood. I still want to dark clear it, or paint it black.

I also have DF Stay's Side Skirts & door panels they were adjusted (light sanding) required for proper fitment each car is slightly different with this in mind DF made sure there was extra material to sand to a perfect fit. I've had VIS on my old car, and after some time the CF started to change colours the clear has lost its luster after 3 years guess you pay for what you get there. Haven't had my DF that long yet but so far no signs of it changing so far hope it stays that way, otherwise I will re-clear or paint it.

So are you saying the smoked clear coat will no longer bubble? cause if the problem is solved and the fitment is great, meaning no rubbing on my inner fender walls then Im sold and will buy one!

But i think i can speak for most if not all of us, we love our cars and only premium products deserve to be on our cars.

So are you saying the smoked clear coat will no longer bubble? cause if the problem is solved and the fitment is great, meaning no rubbing on my inner fender walls then Im sold and will buy one!

But i think i can speak for most if not all of us, we love our cars and only premium products deserve to be on our cars.

Thats what Johnny has been telling me. Not sure about the fender rubbing, but I do know every car needs a bit of tweaking since they are hand build. But I do agree only the best should be on our cars... I'm sure everyone feels the same way here. :smile:

Thats what Johnny has been telling me. Not sure about the fender rubbing, but I do know every car needs a bit of tweaking since they are hand build. But I do agree only the best should be on our cars... I'm sure everyone feels the same way here. :smile:

Did you say hes going to replace yours with a new one? If i got one and it bubbled it would bother the living hell out of me. :( its such a pain in the ass to deal with all that stuff. Removing, packing and shipping back and the wait time! ugh! Canada only gets 4 or 5 good months and i want to enjoy it all without the headaches.

Back