• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

DF v. Jetz

great post. i just recently purchased the DF 02+ side skirts and sport rear valence and it's being painted and installed as we speak. i went with DF cuz i heard Jetz fitment on the side skirts aren't as perfect as the DFs. dunno about the rear valence tho. but, i did hear Jetz R wing is actually a great fitment and is identical to the DFs and it's a lot cheaper.

I've installed the rear valance and spoiler from jetz, they both were good quality items. But with all aftermarked parts there might be some "adjustments" needed even if you buy from well known brands.

I've installed the rear valance and spoiler from jetz, they both were good quality items. But with all aftermarked parts there might be some "adjustments" needed even if you buy from well known brands.

hey chippy. no problems when installing the wing? everything fit perfectly with existing holes and bolts? no "adjustments" required, just for the wing? any gaps? got any close up pics? thinking of getting the wing...

hey chippy. no problems when installing the wing? everything fit perfectly with existing holes and bolts? no "adjustments" required, just for the wing? any gaps? got any close up pics? thinking of getting the wing...

Hi!

The wing was a perfect fit for me, I've heard some storys about some first batch wings not fitting perfectly but i'm confident that was fixed, as my wing went straight on without any problems.
You should find several pictures in this forums, since I found some here before buying the wing aswell. You dont have to worry about it, it fits like it should.

About delivery I know some people say they had some problems, but my ordners was handled swiftly and precise. The paint job on the valance was also better then expected for that price (installing it was a bitch hehe)

Thumbs up for jetz!

+1 have the jetz spoiler, a quality piece

Hi!

The wing was a perfect fit for me, I've heard some storys about some first batch wings not fitting perfectly but i'm confident that was fixed, as my wing went straight on without any problems.
You should find several pictures in this forums, since I found some here before buying the wing aswell. You dont have to worry about it, it fits like it should.

About delivery I know some people say they had some problems, but my ordners was handled swiftly and precise. The paint job on the valance was also better then expected for that price (installing it was a bitch hehe)

Thumbs up for jetz!

I have both DF and Jetz products on my car. The biggest difference has been price.

I appreciate both of them on the market, and certain things I will go to DF for and others to Jetz. I know that they are working on a '02 conversion kit...so beware DF! :cool:

I ordered my 02 valance about a month ago and i have also heard that he is not very accurate with his delivery dates. Needles to say i am waiting patiently. :cool:

i have spoke with many owners about their JETZ 02 rear valance and 80% said the fitment and paint was of good quality.

If Johnny is reading this....."get on the ball brotha! im dying here!":biggrin:

Last edited:
I just helped a friend install some Jetz parts. I found them to have some fitment problems: The wing didn't sit flush on one side and it is about ~2mm wider than the trunk lid. It actually scrapes on one side when opening/closing the trunk. The'02-style side-skirts and door panels had some fitment problems and required some trimming to fit the doors properly.

A Month? That is nothing. Mine is 7 months and still waiting:mad:

Wow! that really sucks. Have you contacted him? i keep sending him messages weekly. My last reply from him said that a bunch are going out on Wednesday. Who knows if this is true. I hope hes not bullshitting. I would rather be told the truth than made to look like a fool:mad:

Wow! that really sucks. Have you contacted him? i keep sending him messages weekly. My last reply from him said that a bunch are going out on Wednesday. Who knows if this is true. I hope hes not bullshitting. I would rather be told the truth than made to look like a fool:mad:

Well, there was a color mismatch problem at the beginning when they shipped them to me- Silverstone vs. Kaiser colors. Overall, they are very courtesy.

My fitment of the df front lip and sides are near perfect. The sides are almost perfect, as close as you can get any aftermarket company. i think the driver side sticks a mm out furhter then the passanger side along the door. The front lip took some drilling but I expected it to be as the people at DF told me it was designed specifically for thier 02 bumper that is just slightly different than my stock 02. basically just some widening of the holes that mounted the lip and the back sticks out a few cm past the bumper but everything on the front and around is flawless. had the parts painted locally and installed them myself. Piece of cake. Love the new look even if all the 91-01 are trying to go the stock 02 look lol. You wouldn't know if my car was a 02 or an 01 with a face lift ;) Overall, very clean and thanks to df for a great product.

I ordered a wing and valance from Jetz when he first posted on here. I received my stuff pretty quickly. Overall, I'm satisfied with the quality/fitment for the price.

I have the skirts, the valence, and the cf wing now. I think the wing is my favorite. The weave is about the best I’ve seen. You can’t beat Jetz for their price/performance. If you’ve got $3000 wheels, $8000k BBK… then you should probably go with DF :) I for one am glad we have a lower priced option available.

Of course you are John. :wink:

I'm calling you "Low-Ball" from now on. :tongue:

Hey, I'm frugal, I'll be the first to admit that. :)

I haven't had any experience with DF products, but have had experience with other vendor's CF products. I have the VIS type-r hood (and so do most of the type-r hood guys at the meets) and it was far from perfect to install. The bodyshop cursed up and down about what a pain it was to install and align right. Chops, I know your body shop had a heck of a time with your aftermarket nose and hood as well. The pattern seems to be that aftermarket (non-OEM) CF parts are not going to fit exact.

The DF type-r hood is $2400. The VIS? about $800. I just don't know if the DF product is 3X better. I'm not one of the rich guys on this forum that can post pictures of their NSX next to their R8 and/or GT-R. So I go with VIS for my hood and am thankful Jetz is around to provide other parts. Jetz is not perfect. The shipping estimates are off and Johnny can send updates more regularly. But it's a good bang for the buck.

When I get cheap microfiber towels from Costco, I don't expect them to perform at the same level as the Korean made ones from Autogeek. But they are also a fraction of the price.

Last edited:
First I have No Affiliation with Downforce, but I can speak for the NSX-R copy wings from DF and JETZ. I paid $590 for JETZ wing and $1400 for the DF wing. I am very happy with the DF wing, the fit and finish looks better alot better that the Jetz wing. The Jetz wing is on a friend's NSX.

I also had a VIS hood, TAITEC hood and now a CF/CF DownForce Hood. The DF hood fits and looks the best of all three hoods.

I gald there are vendors as DF and JETZ that make these products and for some alternative for others in the NSX community.

I have the Jetz rear valance and Type R wing and can say that the fitment and finish on both products are very nice. I had a few issues installing the valance at first but eventually got it installed correctly. The wing fit perfectly from what I can tell.

As far as shipping goes, the valance arrived fairly quickly. The wing on the other hand, arrived 2-3 months after I ordered it. I made Johnny aware of my frustrations and he stepped up and made it right. :smile:

All in all, I'm very satisfied with Jetz products and can give my honest recommendation of their products and customer service. I will definitely do business again with them.

Johnny, hurry up and finish the 02 conversion and rear diffuser please!!!!! :tongue:

thanks to every one that shared. at least most everyone seems to be happy with what they bought regardless of vendor. the df is 50% more in cost. will i be 50% happier with df? will i be unhappy with jetz? the answer to both questions is probably no. i would be unhappy if the quality was obviously inferior or there were known fitment problems. Neither seems to be the case. obviously the jetz buyers do not care that the wing is not exact r-type and has the shorter tabs on the sides.

Jetz wasn't available when I was looking for wings, so I went with DF. Based on user reviews, I would do the Jetz, at least for the type R wing. The DF wing is ridiculously over priced.

I agree - CF parts are all made pretty much the same way and for DF to charge x3 times the money for the same part, guess who goes home happy?

Sometimes it has nothing to do with money or ability to pay. Sure I can pay more money but if the value isn't there then I will not pay. I have no problem paying $7k plus for my BBS LM's but for a CF spoiler, the JETZ is the best option.

Competition is good and I'm glad to have JETZ as a second option. I bought one of their first NSX-R wings with the "smoked" finish and fitment was very good. After about a year of ownership, the finish started to have small bubbles. Since I hardly drive my car, I didn't even notice it but it was the manufacturer JETZ who actually emailed me asking me if there were imperfections. I went to look and low and behold saw the bubbles. By this time JETZ already agreed to give me a BRAND NEW wing free of charge. They even agreed to send me the new one first so I can re-use the box to ship them the old one back. If this isn't good customer service I don't know what is! :biggrin:

I'm currently waiting for their NSX-R rear diffuser to be released but in the mean time here's a picture of the NSX-R CF wing (smoked) on my NSX:

fsonic_tommy-2is--172452.jpg

IMG_2306.jpg

Back