Del-Taco VS. Taco Bell

which is best

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think there needs to be an option for "Both". To me they taste different enough that sometimes I'm in the mood for a double decker taco, other times i'm in the mood for a del beef burrito.

:cool:

Del Taco seems to have "fresher" ingredients. And plus, they have the crispy fish taco/burrito which is pretty good.

I love the fries they got at Del-Taco. That's some damn good cholesterol! :biggrin:

Taco Bell is too "fast food"

Del Taco is fast food but not as bad as Taco Bell, imo. Just like Long said, Del Taco has somewhat "fresher" ingredients.

So if I were to go out today and buy lunch...I'm heading straight to Del Taco which is about 5 miles away when a Taco Bell is just 1 block away, lol. I'm not a big fast food fan but if I had to choose, Del Taco it is. :biggrin:

For real tacos, King Taco is always a good bet though there are better.

http://tacohunt.blogspot.com/

This is dinner at a taco truck NSX style...

2372233105_2a5bd9a94f.jpg

I think there needs to be an option for "Both". To me they taste different enough that sometimes I'm in the mood for a double decker taco, other times i'm in the mood for a del beef burrito.

:cool:

+1

i love double decker supremes just as much as i love big fat steak tacos and chilli fries!

I got three words. CHILLI CHEESE FIRES

Del Taco but I usually will eat at either El Pollo Loco or Baja Fresh...bare style bowl...and a Sobe Lean drink.:smile:

You gave up King Taco for Albertos? :confused:

Albertos and/or Alfredos. AS GOOD AS KING TACO IS, it's just too oily and greasy for me. There's so much "juice" that the "all meat burrito" comes with and that's calling for a heart attack, imo. But yes, no more king taco for me. I hardly even go to albertos or alfredos, I'm with Big_D and prefer places like El Pollo Loco. Somewhat slightly healthier.. :redface:

Albertos and/or Alfredos. AS GOOD AS KING TACO IS, it's just too oily and greasy for me. There's so much "juice" that the "all meat burrito" comes with and that's calling for a heart attack, imo. But yes, no more king taco for me. I hardly even go to albertos or alfredos, I'm with Big_D and prefer places like El Pollo Loco. Somewhat slightly healthier.. :redface:

Not healthier, just less bad for you... :D

if they had more del tacos up here in the sf bay area id probably be sick of it by now but since its like a special treat for when i shoot down to LA or OC for the weekend, im gonna have to go with del.

Ok i like both!!!!

Taco Bell for your daily consumption... kinda like driving my 94 prelude to work, i get good mileage and when vtec kicks in i feel like i'm in fast and the furious (which is a good thing)...

Dell Taco.... Deluxe Chilly Cheese Fries.... days i drive my nsx to work, can't do it to often or i feel guilty but damn does it feel good!

hahaha

Last edited:
It just depends on my food mood.

Taco Bell has the Enchirito
Del Taco has Shrimp Tacos
Taco Bell has Mexican Pizzas
Del Taco has Burgers
Taco Bell has Caramel Empanadas
Del Taco has better Tacos

I prefer Taco Bell, but Del Taco has some yummy quesadillas!

Speaking of mexican/fast food, I'm in Myrtle Beach visiting a friend that moved out here from So Cal. She's telling me they don't have real Carl's Jr, Del Taco, or "real" Mexican food. She even told me that they don't sell/don't know what Tri Tip is.

The thing that gets me with Mexican food east of Texas is, it's that it's Mexicans that make the food, but it's just not good at all. I don't know if it comes down to the ingredients or what, but it definitely is not the same. I've had Mexican food in NC, SC, AR, TN... sure it's ok, but not great to what we have in So Cal.

And SC doesn't know what Tri Tip is???!!! My friend told me she once saw it at CostCo, but never again.

Back