Debating between c6 z06 and NSX part 2

Hi I'm the op. Test drove the NSX yesterday and just looked at the c6 z06. NSX has enough power and interior is gorgeous. The interior far surpasses the corvettes interior. Do you think the c6 z06 exterior aesthetically looks better than the NSX? My girlfreind says the NSX body style is very 90ish and the Z looks of todays style. What do you folks think? Still having problems in deciding
:smile:

PS: not a troll, need expert opinions on your car. If you like please take a look at corvette forum. posted there also.

Last edited:
I personally think the NSX looks beautiful, but the z06 looks very aggressive, has nice lines and looks a bit more modern.

I personally think the NSX looks beautiful, but the z06 looks very aggressive, has nice lines and looks a bit more modern.

Yeah, I've noticed that about Corvettes, the latest style always looks really modern and then quickly becomes dated. I don't care too much for the looks of the C6 unless it's a Z06 and has been lowered. I did see a ZR1 the other day and it is just bad-ass!
As far as a classic design goes, the C2's have it hands down!

As far as the NSX goes, it's always been eye-candy extraordinaire and will be long remembered as one of the most beautifully proportioned cars ever built.

Looks... more modern... to me most modern cars have BIG BUTTS (IMO).

I don't know if the back of modern cars for the most part are so big and mostly flat, is because of safety design.

I can understand with all the high SUV type vehilcels and pick-up trucks on the road that ride high that for safety reasons the other cars on the road match up.

As for the NSX looking like the 90's. I'm not so sure. To me the styling is pretty much timeless. It doesn't have tail lights like most older cars.

I own a 91 NA and people are amazed when they find out it is an 18 year old car. Most assume it is brand new.

I do like the looks of the new vettes. But with vettes being so much more common and there was something about their back end I didn't like so much. I decided on the NSX.

Still no regrets on my end...

At least you had the opportunity to drive both.

You will have to update us on what you finally decide. Enjoy the process of the search.

There is no rational way to decide on a car. Speaking for myself, I would never be caught dead in a Vette no matter how fast it is. It all comes down to a very personal choice. I just don't see myself as one of the Vette guys. To me it is always very clear cut that when it comes down to what to buy. Choose one from your heart.
Steve

my brother-in-law had a c6 and when he visited and parked it next to my 92 sebring silver, he even admited how much more exotic and how sleek it looked compared to the vette...IMO there is no comparison as far as looks go, NSX hands down... but if you want to go fast in a straight line and see 5 other cars that look like yours on a daily basis, then the vette is the way to go...

Hi I'm the op. Test drove the NSX yesterday and just looked at the c6 z06. NSX has enough power and interior is gorgeous. The interior far surpasses the corvettes interior. Do you think the c6 z06 exterior aesthetically looks better than the NSX? My girlfreind says the NSX body style is very 90ish and the Z looks of todays style. What do you folks think? Still having problems in deciding
:smile:

PS: not a troll, need expert opinions on your car. If you like please take a look at corvette forum. posted there also.

I'd hate to experience the depreciation hit when buying a new vette.

looks are purely subjective. if you test drove a flip up light nsx, and it is bone stock, than i can definitely see how it looks somewhat dated esp from the rear. The nsx does need some help to bring it into the 21st century, and i do love the way the C6's looks but i still think the nsx looks more special, dated or not.

wel I saw 6 Z06 c6's today and how many NSX's?? oh ya none.. might as well buy a white Sunfire if you want to be like everyone else

I couldn't agree more. Corvettes are dime a dozen cars. Sure, there great cars and lots of people love them but personally I would rather have a car you hardly EVER see! Not trying to "impress" anyone buts its cool having such a rare and exotic beauty that will run you 150,000 + miles with not alot of problems if you take care of it.

I think we all respect z06's power, but other than that, I'll take NSX in most every other category. Loved Vettes when I was a kid, but no desire to own one now.

In terms of looks, again this is personal taste but this how it boils down:

z06 - sports car
NSX - exotic, timeless (well kind of, because i think 02+ looks better)

One of the other timeless cars of this era is an E46 M3, IMO.

Head to Head comparo
NSX actually looks newer! (IMHO)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It really comes down to torque. The Z has shitloads and the NSX doesn't. If you have a race track in your backyard, the Z will definately win, hands down. If you drive around in traffic, in my mind, the NSX is more livable. Still tons of fun and more capable than any speed limit will support.

The connection you feel with the road when driving an NSX is something to behold. Even if it isn't as fast.

:cool:

112052004_1022Image0003.JPG

1120502190.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics--the NSX looks awesome from the front. It's so low and sleek...always love walking up to it. Breathtaking, in fact.

One simple sentence" The beauty is in the eye of the beholder" . Follow your heart.

You have mentioned that your girlfriend says NSX is very 90ish. We want to know from you - what do you think?

2-days ago I was driving along the road and there was a convertible Vett with beauty orange color was driving opposite direction. When I passed by him, I looked at the corners of my eyes his neck was twisting to my direction to check out my car. I pretended to ignore him and drove by.

As other Primers quoted, there are so many Vetts in my small town and they all look alike BIG BUTTS while NSXs are very rare, maybe because it is out of production and become rare?

If you do go Covette, get the Euro tail lights to be different from everyone else.

finalview.jpg

As far as a classic design goes, the C2's have it hands down!

As far as the NSX goes, it's always been eye-candy extraordinaire and will be long remembered as one of the most beautifully proportioned cars ever built.

+1000 on both counts :)

One simple sentence" The beauty is in the eye of the beholder" . Follow your heart.

You have mentioned that your girlfriend says NSX is very 90ish. We want to know from you - what do you think?

Very true... Like for me, this is a good thing! (very 90s ish). I think the 90s produced some of the most beautiful designs...

The NSX, the F355, the Stevens Esprit, the Viper.

I think the new millenium has shaped up to be a bit of a disaster really. For me, the 60s and the 90s are the pinnacle of automotive design (with notable exceptions obviously)

The giant geometric retro wedge aesthetic that designers are obsessed with these days bugs me. And personally, I feel the Corvette is just getting farther and farther from what made it great.

In my new hometown in PA I am VERY fortunate to have some serious classic enthusiasts in the neighborhood.

When I see ANY Vette from the 60s my heart skips a beat just like when I was a kid (and they predate my birth). My wife too.

When I see a C5 or, even worse, C6 Vette, they just look enormous and awkward by comparison. GREAT cars, but not in any way a "timeless" design for me.

So its definitely a subjective thing and you have to figure out what (if anything - not everyone has strong opinions on aesthetics) gets you going.

It really comes down to torque. The Z has shitloads and the NSX doesn't. If you have a race track in your backyard, the Z will definately win, hands down. If you drive around in traffic, in my mind, the NSX is more livable. Still tons of fun and more capable than any speed limit will support.

The connection you feel with the road when driving an NSX is something to behold. Even if it isn't as fast.

This is very true and very important. I owned a C5 Vette for years, 911 for years as well, and two NSXs.

In my current quest for a new toy I have driven the Viper Gen 2, Viper Gen 3 (SRT), the C6 Vette and the Lotus Esprit....

Objectively, there is just NOTHING with the ergonomics of the NSX. There is a reason that even the most jaded critics gushed over it when it debuted.

The seating position, visibility, controls are all really world class. The Lotus was claustrophobic and uncomfortable by comparison. The Vipers felt huge and the giant hood made it hard for me to feel "together" with the car. The 911, despite its brilliant tricks and the reality of the numbers, always kind of feels imbalanced to me.

To match the driving experience of the NSX you actually need to climb aboard a Ferrari and that isnt an exaggeration.

Last edited:
My girlfreind says the NSX body style is very 90ish and the Z looks of todays style.

I think that's funny because the lines of the car are really so similar, just that Honda thought of it 18 years ago.

wel I saw 6 Z06 c6's today and how many NSX's?? oh ya none.. might as well buy a white Sunfire if you want to be like everyone else

That's kind of how I based my decision too.
Corvettes = Everyone / everywhere
Vipers = built like crap / constant repairs
NSX = Built like a Honda / Rarely seen

I think that's funny because the lines of the car are really so similar, just that Honda thought of it 18 years ago.

That's kind of how I based my decision too.
Corvettes = Everyone / everywhere
Vipers = built like crap / constant repairs
NSX = Built like a Honda / Rarely seen

What constantly needs repairs with a viper?

For me... It's about how the NSX makes me feel. I'm a middle aged mid life crisis working almost everyday kind of guy. Kids are getting older and moving out. The days are flying by faster and faster..... I don't know about the Corvettes... I have three vehicles... When I drive the

4runner, I'm an average guy driving to work

1998 SLK, I'm a girlie boy driving to work - but sometimes with the cool top down...

1998 NSX, man suddenly I am transformed into a very cool guy (at least in MY own mind). I have zero interest in what the other guy thinks... I dont even want anyone staring or even looking. I really wish I was the only person on the planet when I drive the NSX... just give me some open curvey roads. This car is an old design yes, but man, so am I.

The Corvette may suit you own personal needs. Maybe a Porsche or a Ferrari. But this is NSX Prime. You are going to get NSX skewed replies.

Good luck!

Greetings

They are both extraordinary cars. I personally like the C05 Z05 tail better than the C06 Z06. Are you looking into the ZR1 too? I love corvettes. I will probably replace my NSX with one after it is ancient if Honda doesn't make a replacement NSX -- it is a daily driver. I drove 46 cars before buying my NSX. The only 2 cars that I thought qualified as exotic and could be daily drivers were the NSX and the Corvette.

Cheers,
Martin

What constantly needs repairs with a viper?

+1

Viper is pretty bullet proof. Every car has its gremlins, rough patches and bad (abused) examples, but by and large the Viper is solid.

I spend a lot of time on VCA forums and there are more than a few guys that drive them hard and put serious miles on them (not all are garage queens) and they have no real issues at all.

If you liked to NSX go ahead, don't think 2 much, you will NOT ever regret .

I think nsx's look great next to anything due the timeless design, so simple yet effective .... so elegant yet exotic ...

DSC02220.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

yet, this is SICK:

fli7027xb2.jpg

geigercars_de-corvette-z06-black-edition-01.jpg

so unrefined, so brutal, yet, so awesome in the same time .. so aggressive .. I definitely think Z06's are great looking cars, specially lowered all black :)

Hard call but I know when I had my Imola NSX I had guys in Lamborghini's and Ferrari's stopping me to chat...that says something. I don't think you'd see these same guys stopping Z06 owners :wink:

I must say that "blacked out" vette looks mean and badass. However a +02 NSX in black with the same treatment would also have the same effect.:biggrin:

Back