"Dealership Alternative" for NSX service in Houston/Austin?

A guy I know in Austin through a friend owns an NSX with 161K miles on it. I don't know the particulars of his car. But he is a motorcycle mechanic and says he has the Dealership Alternative service his NSX. Apparently these guys have been in Houston for a while and have a shop in Austin now on S. Lamar.

Any experience with these guys in Houston or Austin?

Their website: http://www.dealershipalternative.com/

This is the first time that I've heard of them, but I prefer someone with a lot of experience to work on my car.

I don't know much about these guys. I'm waiting for more information from the NSX owner. I do know he is a demanding kind of guy - he works on Aprilia bikes.

If this is the same place that used to have "HondAcura" on their sign on 183 around Anderson Mill, and did business as "Dealership Alternative", I'd never let them touch my car again. :mad: They replaced my a/c evaporator for a couple thousand dollars, and left me with a bunch of new squeeks and rattles, and totally missed the fact that the condensers were damaged from a previous accident. They also couldn't get the valve adjustment right, I had to go get it redone at David McDavid for another $340. The mechanic said he could fit two feeler guages in where one should have fit. "Dealership Alternative" told me my head gasket was probably blown.

If this is the same place that used to have "HondAcura" on their sign on 183 around Anderson Mill, and did business as "Dealership Alternative", I'd never let them touch my car again. :mad: They replaced my a/c evaporator for a couple thousand dollars, and left me with a bunch of new squeeks and rattles, and totally missed the fact that the condensers were damaged from a previous accident. They also couldn't get the valve adjustment right, I had to go get it redone at David McDavid for another $340. The mechanic said he could fit two feeler guages in where one should have fit. "Dealership Alternative" told me my head gasket was probably blown.

I don't believe these are the same people. I believe Dealership Alternative has been in Houston for some time. The guy I heard this from has a 92 NSX and he said DA did his TB, etc. and he was very satisfied with the work.

May not be the same guys, or they may have good and bad people working for them. Ask them if they have an NSX service manual. Most places don't. All I know is the previous place said Dealership Alternative on the credit card receipt, and HondAcura on the building, much like this other place. Hopefully people will continue to report their experiences if they use them....

Many years ago when I first had my 1st nsx i tried these folks out too(Hondacura/dealership alternative). I asked them if they do NSX oil changes and said they do many, I asked them if they use the correct NSX filter and they said "yes, and we have them in stock"

Well after they finished I verified their work and they put the smaller legend filter on. That was enough for me to not go back to them after I have already verfied they would put the correct one on.

I used to take my '89 Accord to this place exclusively and I knew the owner/partner, Ian ( I think) at that time. This place was called Hondacura back in 1995 or earlier. The business was under a partnership arrangement with Ian in Austin and two other partners in Houston. Ian left in 1999 or around that time due to partnership issues and he opened a new shop in Round Rock (still in business). The name was then changed from Hondacura to Dealership Alternative. I believe both or one of the partner own the Dealership Alternative in Houston as well as Austin.

I still take my Sienna there for basic service and they seem to be okay so far.

A guy I know in Austin through a friend owns an NSX with 161K miles on it. I don't know the particulars of his car. But he is a motorcycle mechanic and says he has the Dealership Alternative service his NSX. Apparently these guys have been in Houston for a while and have a shop in Austin now on S. Lamar.

Any experience with these guys in Houston or Austin?

Their website: http://www.dealershipalternative.com/

Please read my reply in this thread
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82285

Hello everyone,
I started a powdercoating shop just south of Houston in Rosenberg and I am working my way away from the dealer. This being said I have read alot of the posts about a good tech in the Houston area I decided to set up a lift at the powdercoating shop and service the NSX crowd as well as other honda repairs that need to be done. If you are a diy type of person call me and I will help as much as possible. My prices won't be the best because I believe in factory parts unless you decide otherwise but I will be more than fair. I will have the capacity for trans rebuilds ctsc installs and many other services I can also powdercoat parts of your car while it's here It doesn't get much better than that...lol

Carl

Back