• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing.

Its true though, i find defending him a bit pointless, the manner of him has been very unprofessional and you can't excuse Mark of that.

Mark told my dad it had been shipped, and it hasn't arrived. My dad has sent several emails since asking where it is, and not a single reply. There is no telephone number to call either...

Is it merely coincidence that we recieved all 'cheap' items and then then the expensive items strangely haven't turned up? Hmm. We are based in the UK so it would be pretty easy to rip some one off..

By the way, paypal wasn't working so my dad had to do a bank transfer as Mark wouldn't take a credit card (so can't get money back). Go figure.

I know paranoia is fueling my doubt but when Mark doesn't even bother to reply then what do you expect?

-Rob

From what I have read and experienced personally, that's the pattern. Once he fails to respond to one email don't ever expect to hear from him again.

Hell, he even dodged NSXPO this year.

As a side note, the Dali t-shirt I received at XPO went in the rag bin as soon as I got home.

NSXTASY_MD said:
...if you don't get a tracking number from him after paying ...in the allow period of time you two work out (usually within a few business days after you sent him the paypal payment...then SIMPLY REVERSE/DISPUTE THE CHARGES with paypal...it's so convientant and no hard feelings...I don't understand why this topic has to be discussed so many times when the answers are simple and crystal clear.

PS: You only have a month to reverse/dispute charges with paypal.
as you point out,you only get one month to dispute things with paypal,so if dali tells you something is on back order and will be in in 2-3 weeks. then you wait 4-5 days for it to be delivered (UK) it doesn't leave you very much time to get in touch with paypal before your month is up.

lithiumus said:
Mark is a good guy, I don't beleive he is out to rip anyone off.
Oh,so how do you account for the FACT that he got paid for a set of koni adjustables PLUS shipping and i never received them.
do a little bit of a search on this site and you will come across tooo many examples of people paying him for goods and then never receiving them.
its because of this"well he never ripped me off,so he must be ok" syndrome that i and many like me have lost our money

It seems like it is no difference than stealing.

As Tommy Lee would say it: "I found out there is three sides to every story: 'His side, my side, and the truth'"

Or as I like to see it:
"Her side, my side and whatever the court says happened."
"The cops side, my side and whatever the lawyers say happened."
"Specification, my code and what the computer says IS going to happen."
the list goes on...

RobFenn, will you keep us current of the events please.

Drew

drew said:
As Tommy Lee would say it: "I found out there is three sides to every story: 'His side, my side, and the truth'"

Or as I like to see it:
"Her side, my side and whatever the court says happened."
"The cops side, my side and whatever the lawyers say happened."
"Specification, my code and what the computer says IS going to happen."
the list goes on...

RobFenn, will you keep us current of the events please.

Drew
:eek: :eek: :eek:

serialNSXer said:
...for one person's experience, and an opinion on how to work with with Dali Racing, see thread entry #17 here

Didn't work for me. The process broke down right between "ask your questions" and "be willing to wait for responses."

Russ said:
Didn't work for me. The process broke down right between "ask your questions" and "be willing to wait for responses."
looking at serialNSXer's post in the linked thread, the bit in between "ask your questions" and "be willing to wait for responses." appears to read "(I asked a LOT)"

are you saying that for you the process broke down because you failed to ask a lot of questions?

ctrlaltdelboy said:
looking at serialNSXer's post in the linked thread, the bit in between "ask your questions" and "be willing to wait for responses." appears to read "(I asked a LOT)"

are you saying that for you the process broke down because you failed to ask a lot of questions?

That interpretation would place the breakdown earlier than "between" asking a lot of questions and waiting for a response and instead place it "before" asking a lot of questions, which is clearly not the intended meaning nor reflects the actual circumstances. Nor does serialNSXer's method for dealing with Dali require that a lot of questions be asked. In his case he happened to ask a lot, but they were parenthetically mentioned and not a required step of the described method. So the answer to your questions is no.

No, in my case I asked a lot of questions and got no responses from Mark Johnson.

Brian2by2 said:
Ya, they're 'new'. Very very good prices...they don't charge those extra import fees. .

What extra import fees? Are you talking about SOS's international freight? That's charged at SWR also, it's put directly into the price of the unit... Dealt with both, SWR not bad, but SOS kicks Asss!!!

robfenn said:
My dad ordered parts (and has paid) from Dali racing, i think its been two weeks now. He has had no response from emails and can't find any numbers. Needless to say he feels like the guys made a runner....
Rob

your dad confirmed that his parts arrived yesterday (Nov 29th) 28 days after receiving an email notification of shipment from Dali, which (in my opinion) is not an unreasonable timeframe for international shipping.

I'm very disappointed that he waited only 11 days before posting on the UK forum that he had been conned, and that the same day you made similar suggestions here by starting this thread.

your dad's thread, in which he confirms safe receipt is here

People defending Mark apparently don't understand the simple fact that there's really no viable excuse for not keeping in contact with the people whose money you have. The internet makes it almost effortless to send a nice short message saying "I've received your money, ill have your part out to you as soon as possible". Most of the bitching i've seen regarding Dali's business practices has been lack of communication. Back when long distance phone calls cost a few dollars to make, I could understand minimal communication, but JESUS, pay a high school kid minimum wage to answer your emails if you're too busy to do it. All a paying customer wants is communication until their part arrives, nothing more. After they receive it is a different story, but until they do, give them the courtesy of 45 seconds of your time to RESPOND to them, else, they figure if you can't manage your INBOX, you must not be able to manage a company. That seems to be the case, the more I read here.

NSXnBRLA said:
People defending Mark apparently don't understand the simple fact that there's really no viable excuse for not keeping in contact with the people whose money you have. The internet makes it almost effortless to send a nice short message saying "I've received your money, ill have your part out to you as soon as possible". Most of the bitching i've seen regarding Dali's business practices has been lack of communication. Back when long distance phone calls cost a few dollars to make, I could understand minimal communication, but JESUS, pay a high school kid minimum wage to answer your emails if you're too busy to do it. All a paying customer wants is communication until their part arrives, nothing more. After they receive it is a different story, but until they do, give them the courtesy of 45 seconds of your time to RESPOND to them, else, they figure if you can't manage your INBOX, you must not be able to manage a company. That seems to be the case, the more I read here.

I agree with most of your points, but another problem in living in the age of "Fast Access Internet " is most people expect instant gratification. And as I am not defending or attacking anyone , there are three sides to every story. Some of us run businesses and when you are dealing
with the pubic you sometimes run into some major peices of work (customers), where even if you stand on your head and juggle running chainsaws they still will not be happy. And as we all know everyone on this board is level headed and my previous comment is not directed at anyone in particular. :rolleyes:

Armando

MiamieNeSeX said:
Some of us run businesses and when you are dealing
with the pubic you sometimes run into some major peices of work (customers), where even if you stand on your head and juggle running chainsaws they still will not be happy. :rolleyes:
Armando

A true statement I'm sure. But I must admit that there have been far to many complaints against Dali. There is no excuse for poor business communication. SOS & SWR seems to stay on top of it.

Mark, I'll help answer your e-mails for you, in return for an employee discount on parts. :biggrin:

Casper91 said:
A But I must admit that there have been far to many complaints against Dali.

If you have 1000 customers and you have 100 complaints = unacceptable.

If you have 100,000 customers and you have 100 complaints = price we pay for doing business.

MiamieNeSeX said:
If you have 1000 customers and you have 100 complaints = unacceptable.

If you have 100,000 customers and you have 100 complaints = price we pay for doing business.

I agree. 10:1 (bad) vs. 1000:1 (good). But to be fair to the situation.
Does anyone know the complaint/satisfaction rate of Dali?

My limited experience with Dali was good. I am not defending him
or flaming him. But I have come to the conclusion from reading many
posts about Dali that if Mark has the part in stock, you'll get it right away.
If it's on back order, he'll send it when it comes in - whatever amount
of time that is - with no or little communication between. For those of
you who know Mark or have many experiences with Dali, would that
be a fair statement?

In defense of Dali, he pretty much offers rock bottom prices on very cool stuff. The tradeoff in price is that you get little or no communication and parts get there when they feel like it.

There is always Comptech if you need/want a lot of communication and tech support, which can be well worth the price.

I've been happy with both, but since I usually have more time than money: I choose Dali. I also like to support all the new items he creates and sells.

If it was not for Dali, CompTech would be charging as much as the market could support. I prefer Dali spending his time fabricating, than answering "hand holding" emails that can unproductively suck up a large amount of ones day.

Drew

/What dali really needs is an integrated invetory, ordering and tracking sytem that is accessed through a webapp. Right now it is all manual, retrieval time for requests is quite painful and time consuming. I know this because I send him checks (paypal now) and he eventually wants to know what he sent me so he can take the paper invoice out of accounts receiveable file box.

If MJ's problem were one of timeliness of delivery and/or communication, I believe that most of the threads regarding dissatisfaction would not have occurred. However, if you look closely at many of the threads, you will find that the issue has been one of failure to deliver once payment has been made. Additionally, there have been instances of core refunds not being made.

Personally, I have been waiting roughly 14 months for a harness for which I paid. Is that long enough to wait?

MarkB said:
If MJ's problem were one of timeliness of delivery and/or communication, I believe that most of the threads regarding dissatisfaction would not have occurred. However, if you look closely at many of the threads, you will find that the issue has been one of failure to deliver once payment has been made. Additionally, there have been instances of core refunds not being made.

Personally, I have been waiting roughly 14 months for a harness for which I paid. Is that long enough to wait?

Well I stand corrected. :redface:

Back