• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dali Racing.

My dad ordered parts (and has paid) from Dali racing, i think its been two weeks now. He has had no response from emails and can't find any numbers. Needless to say he feels like the guys made a runner..

Anyone had experience with them? Who is the trusted supplier, SoS?

-Rob

I would not make a purchase from Dali if they were the only supplier for something I just had to have just becasue of their terrible reputation for apparently ripping members off. I hope everyone considers all of the postings re them beofre they ever send any money. The only way to deal with Dali would be COD. JMHO.

Casper91 said:
On a service, communication and reliablility scale from 1 to 10,
SOS is an 11. :D

I've had a good experience with SOS, but lately its been all about SWR! Their prices are quite a bit lower on the stuff they both have and the carry some stuff SOS doesn't has (and SOS carries some stuff SWR doesnt have).

Brian2by2 said:
I've had a good experience with SOS, but lately its been all about SWR! Their prices are quite a bit lower on the stuff they both have and the carry some stuff SOS doesn't has (and SOS carries some stuff SWR doesnt have).

Just because something isn't listed on the SoS doesn't mean they won't get it for you. Chris and Seth have been incredibly reliable and sold me only good products. If Honda cared as much about the NSX as they do, the NSX would still be the greatest sports car in the world.

slashmatt said:
Just because something isn't listed on the SoS doesn't mean they won't get it for you. Chris and Seth have been incredibly reliable and sold me only good products. If Honda cared as much about the NSX as they do, the NSX would still be the greatest sports car in the world.

Ok, so? I'm just giving him my opinion. I said that both have things the other doesnt. I'm sure Mike and John would go out of their way as well, and you don't get stuck paying all the import fees with SWR, so its usually a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

With a vendor like Science of Speed around why even mess around with Dali? Everything Ive ever ordered for my NSX I've ordered thru SOS. I met them at NSXPO and they were very knowledgeable and cool dudes and well. I love their website and they have really nice porducts. Ive never tried SWR but as long as SOS continues its awesome service, that all I need! Yo, Chris and Seth Ill see you guys at NSXPO 2005 :cool:

I order about twice a year from Dali, for the past 4-5 years.

Never had a problem. A couple of times I received the items the NEXT DAY after my order.

A couple of points: The Dali business is for his retirement fun, not to make money. He gets around to things when "he gets around to it". He also completely packs his small condo and garage with stuff...I can only imagine it takes a while to locate items.

Robfenn what did you order?

drew

I've had good experiences with both SoS and Dali.

I would give it another week, he hasn't made a runner (as the pther threads show), he just tends not to return e-mails when a product is out the door.

I've ordered parts from both and never had a problem with either...but SOS is my first choice...I recently had headers and exhaust installed on my car by Chris at SOS. His guy couldn't do it, but instead of telling me that it couldn't be done, Chris took the time out during the day, and well into the night to do the work for me so the car would be ready the next morning....That kind of commitment is rare, but because of that SOS will always be my first choice.

Over the past year or so, I have purchased all sorts of goodies from Dali with no problems. I am a very satisfied customer.

I have been less than satisfied with SOS. Thier HID kit went belly up after a few months

I ordered a clutch, which was on backorder to begin with, and the next day cancelled the order. They refunded my 50% deposit minus 3% since I paid by credit card.

Seth is a super guy, very knowledgeable, and always willing to answer questsion.

Cheers

My experiences with Dali have all been excellent. Mark always answers my emails promptly and the product always arrives on time. Same with SoS.

robfenn said:
My dad ordered parts (and has paid) from Dali racing, i think its been two weeks now. He has had no response from emails and can't find any numbers. Needless to say he feels like the guys made a runner..

Anyone had experience with them? Who is the trusted supplier, SoS?

-Rob

I have dealt with them several times and had excellent service and products everytime *** Several of my friends locally had the same experience.

...the only time people run into problems with him appears to be when they are out of country clients....where r u located ?

...if you don't get a tracking number from him after paying ...in the allow period of time you two work out (usually within a few business days after you sent him the paypal payment...then SIMPLY REVERSE/DISPUTE THE CHARGES with paypal...it's so convientant and no hard feelings...I don't understand why this topic has to be discussed so many times when the answers are simple and crystal clear.

--- Kevin

PS: You only have a month to reverse/dispute charges with paypal.

Have done business with all 3, Dali, SOS and SWR. At this point, I definitely would stay clear of Dali. Chris and Seth at SOS are great and definitely run a class business and class act. They seem to get it right the first time. SWR, only time will tell but they are definitely trying to do it right.

Tim

Ordered many times, over several years, for several of my NSX's. Never had a single problem. He know's his stuff, gives his opinion when asked, all around good guy. Great sense of humor too... I like him... Mark at Dali... he is a good guy and a good vendor

Just my .02

Ordered several times from Dali and made a visit to his shop. Mark is a good guy, I don't beleive he is out to rip anyone off.

I've also had good experience with SWR. Haven't tried SOS yet...

I would try giving Mike (SWR) a chance to 'prove his commitment to superior service' They will go the xtra mile.

NsXMas said:
Amazing how many people like to give their money away. Sure, it's all fun and games with Dali until you lose your shirt...

And for those who are defending Dali, it is telling about how much you don't care about him ripping off other customers. When your turn comes, don't expect others to weep.

Here we go again! :)

Back