CTSC 3.2 NSX vs V8 R8?

So i changed my supercharger oil this morning. What a night and day difference, feels like a completely different car. I think i might have lost if i wasnt running at my full potential with that dirty charger oil.

Its a possibility we might get together saturday morning. Just have to find that "closed course" to do the run on.

Decided to postpone the race due to the end of the month thing. Saw too many cops around

Headed out to the chatham meet instead. Ill keep this posted when it does happen

Get rid of the big wheels they will hurt you a lot. 17,17 or 17,18 i would never do 18,19s and run it.

So a buddy of mine just bought a 09 v8 r8 manual, which is currently a daily driver for him

Any idea how my 3.2 autorotor with intake header exhaust test pipes will do against his on a friendly 40 roll? I think mine should be able to keep up at the minimum

Depends how much carbon build up his engine has

Get rid of the big wheels they will hurt you a lot. 17,17 or 17,18 i would never do 18,19s and run it.

I don't feel like my 18/19 are that much slower. What are we really talking about in the 1/4? A few tenths?

Couple months ago I had an r8 v8 for the weekend, i can categorically say that my 3.2 98 with autorotor easily pulled away from the r8 - I was quite shocked to be honest. This was not a manual though, had the r-tronic gears.

The v10 r8 though... No way my Nsx is staying with one of those, had the pleasure to drive the coupe and soft top- very quick indeed...

I don't feel like my 18/19 are that much slower. What are we really talking about in the 1/4? A few tenths?

A few tenth's is no small amount... LOL...

It really depends on the wheel but the bigger tires are what tend to add the most weight, and that weight is the outer edge of the wheel where it counts the most. The more that weight comes towards the center, the less effect, the more it goes towards the outside, the worse. The culprit mostly is the heavier tires, more so than the wheel. You can get a forged volk that in a 19" that weighs the same as the 17" OEM.

Well i had a chance to play with my friends R8 a little today and it was very close as i expected. I'm CTSC 399whp and he had a 2012 R8(V8) with Stasis intake, exhaust and reflash ecu(40+hp upgrade) It really came down to different speeds we took off from to who was out front. A lowboost comptech is not going to beat an R8 especially not an NA. I already knew this but didnt post because i knew i was going to have a chance to see since my good friend has one. 400whp Nsx on the average runs low 12's and so does the R8. 80-140 pretty even and from a dig depends on who gets out infront. My car is 8lbs with water/meth injection, comptech header, comtech intake, taitec exhaust with test pipes with 17/18 wheel combo so i would say this was a fair race with his 40hp upgrades

On this 170hp Golf the difference was 2 tenths & 2 mph going from 15" to 19". What I didn't like about this test was that they never listed the wheel & tire weights.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested
effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested-chart-photo-341448-s-original.jpg

it still largely comes down to power to weight.......at around 3500 lbs, the R8 is fairly portly and about 650 lbs heavier than my jenny craiged N.A........given the numbers, I shouldnt have been surprised my N.A. ran with a V8 R8.......

Last edited:
This is my home track (Putnam Park). R&T ran all variants of the R8 and was interesting to see their lap time with a pro driver compared to my 2000 NSX (NA w/ JRZs). For reference, my best lap time on AD08s is in 1:19.3 and NT01 1:17.9

http://www.roadandtrack.com/tests/comparison/audi-r8-assault

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezf...lication/34e0557aeead9fbd4d20a41d14dfec57.pdf

So ... you lap your NSX in about the same time as a V10 R8 and faster than the V8? Impressive

Great find. So 15" to 19" to me is a lot more dramatic than going 16/17 to 18/19. I would guess maybe a tenth and 1 MPH. Its not going to matter much IMO against the R8.

The difference was actually 15-18 not 15-19. From 18-19 they got the same results. Also that's only on a straight line. On a road course, the effect will be much greater as heavier wheels affect ride, handling, braking, and acceleration, not just acceleration.

Also 0-60 was off by .3 seconds, going from 15 to 18.

0.3 seconds in a drag race between an Audi R8 and a CTSC NSX can be a matter of a win to a loss.

Last edited:
The difference was actually 15-18 not 15-19. From 18-19 they got the same results. Also that's only on a straight line. On a road course, the effect will be much greater as heavier wheels affect ride, handling, braking, and acceleration, not just acceleration.

Also 0-60 was off by .3 seconds, going from 15 to 18.

0.3 seconds in a drag race between an Audi R8 and a CTSC NSX can be a matter of a win to a loss.

I guess we will find out..

Yes it's faster than an R8. He did have an extra passenger. But I pulled on him. I'm also 200+ pounds lighter than stock with all all those little weight savings everyone makes fun of me for. LOL

Back