Corvette Z06 or NSX?

His supercharger probably costs less than half what a comptechs supercharger costs for NSX's. Man, wouldn't it great if we could get that kind of power for less than $22,000 (for FX).

zo6vnsx

it took me two years of robbing my parents every day to get my nsx the way i wanted it. a zo6 would take 4 months,i know it sucks.

jadkar said:
In other words on the track an average driver may be able to extract 75% of the NSXs performance, however the same driver would only be able to extract 50-60% from the Z06. This is why people claim it's so easy to pass Z06s & C5s on the track.

Baloney. NSX are not easier to drive on a track than any corvette. Driven both NSX and ZO6 on tracks, with the Corvette it's "point-n-shoot", "accelerate-n-go". With the X it's always about settling those dynamics, keep the balance going and by no mean disturb it. Definetly not a rookie's car once you pass the 8/10s.

Heck, I just came back from my first track event. I am a perfect example, pure novice, no experience besides autocrossing. I was able to pass (easily I have to add) both Z06s and all the C5 at WGI (driven by other novices). Now, am I an above average driver? I don't think so, especially after 1 track event. Come on, it's the car people!;

Baloney again. You just cannot make any such conclusion, especially after a one-event experience. The typical late-year corvette owner is a mature gentleman who is not at the track to prove anything. He just want to bring his latest toy to a track (reasons and motives vary). Older-Corvette owners usually are younger guys and these guys push their vettes. Find an equally skilled vette driver and you're in for several fun laps. One will be able to keep-up with him in an X not because of raw power, but because of technique.
And btw, spinning out of control with a vette shows lacks of skills, whereas spinning out of control with an X shows lack of good judgement. :D

Back