Cops had a Field Day when they pulled me over today

I got pulled over for doing 92mph in a 65mph on I-4, between Orlando and Lakeland, FL.
The police officer (Deputy) gave me warning, it was Labor Day Weekend, (That may of had something to do with me not getting a ticket). It's all about the attitude towards the polices. Treat them, the way you would want to be treated, and it maybe a lesser of a ticket. Lots of the pity tickets are based on the attitudes, hence the words “Attitude Ticket “ :eek:

I recommend switching your Taitec JGTC exhaust to a Taitec GTLW exhaust. It's lighter and is not ridiculously loud all of the time (except for the drone at certain RPMs). Why didn't you renew your insurance? :confused:

NemesisX said:
Not in South Orange County!! Especially along the coast!!

FWIW, this is not my experience. I was born and raised here in S. Orange County and I don't put front plates on my cars. I haven't been ticketed in more than 18-years of driving.

In fact, I'm 99% sure that the only car I've ever owned that has front plates is Ol' Bessie (see signature below) and the only reason she has plates is that my parents put plates on her when she was new and when I bought here a while back I thought it better to leave the plate on that have the exposed holes in the bumper showing.

But I'm 100% aware that I run the risk of being ticketed at any time. It's just never happened to me (knocks on wood).

robr said:
how does ones insurance expire anyway? around here, the insurance company mails us all sorts of reminders. if it expires, you get VERY OBVIOUS letters in the mail from the insurance company and the DMV then cancels your registration and requires you to send back the plates. if you dont do that immediately, your license is suspended on top of it.
California does not work that way.

Most insurance companies are diligent about mailing you reminders about your insurance coming due but as pathetic as it may sound, there's no system in place to "flag" uninsured motorists and suspend their license.

I think that some of you are being a little harsh on the original poster but I do agree that there really is no excuse for not maintaining proper insurance on your vehicle. That unfortunate fact is that the choice to not carry insurance affects more than just you. It potentially affects all of the rest of us in CA.

Lecture over.

MiamieNeSeX said:
The original poster wrote that his insurance had expired. Im sure your tone would be different if he happened to ding into any of your cars while having the insurance expired.

Armando

Have you resolved this yet: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79794

If not, you're not one to judge another.

However, if his insurance did expire, then no coverage would be provided. Not only that, but his premiums increase when there is a lapse in coverage.

Psychobiology said:
I recommend switching your Taitec JGTC exhaust to a Taitec GTLW exhaust. It's lighter and is not ridiculously loud all of the time (except for the drone at certain RPMs). Why didn't you renew your insurance? :confused:

Being that California is for all intents and purposes a Communist State, don't most approved aftermarket automotive related to the engine need CARB approval and have to have some sort of silly little CARB emblem on them? I'm surprised no one has set up shop out of state yet offering CARB emblems to the poor oppressed automobile enthusiasts in California.

Take something like this.....

42carbexempt.jpg

Re-word it with the make and model of whatever CARB legal exhaust is on thier ridiculous list and JB Weld it to the side of your exhaust. End of problem. Better yet move!

Hugh said:
Being that California is for all intents and purposes a Communist State, don't most approved aftermarket automotive related to the engine need CARB approval and have to have some sort of silly little CARB emblem on them? I'm surprised no one has set up shop out of state yet offering CARB emblems to the poor oppressed automobile enthusiasts in California.

Take something like this.....

42carbexempt.jpg

Re-word it with the make and model of whatever CARB legal exhaust is on thier ridiculous list and JB Weld it to the side of your exhaust. End of problem. Better yet move!

Hugh, How much? :biggrin:

factory...

eNeSeX 95T said:
He walked up and said how much did you pay for your exhaust.
Couldn't of you just stated it's OEM, came w/ the car?!? :confused:

The NSX is a niche' vehicle, often those who are unfamiliar w/ it don't scrutinize it as much. (Ex. plug-n-play HID's, aftermarket exhausts, clear side-markers can be perceived to be OEM on a NSX)

JMO.

MoogieBoogie said:
Have you resolved this yet: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79794

If not, you're not one to judge another.

However, if his insurance did expire, then no coverage would be provided. Not only that, but his premiums increase when there is a lapse in coverage.

Man, that is some sh!t right there. That stuff makes me more :mad: than uninsured motorist. Getting scammed. :rolleyes:

Seeing as you guys brought this up, there is no "issue" the car was sold almost a year ago of which my cell phone has been posted all of that time. I have never received as much as a phone call. Lots can happen in a year.

Armando

The problem the Original poster is having can easily be handled in 2 steps

1 Get Insurance..(Driving without is really F&#king stupid)

2 Leave California

zahntech said:
The problem the Original poster is having can easily be handled in 2 steps

1 Get Insurance..(Driving without is really F&#king stupid)

2 Leave California
Agreed on #1, but why would you leave the best weather in the world unless you have to? :confused:

If he goes to another state far enough away, he can get a brand new clean driving record and license. California is STRICT on privacy act stuff. They won't release his record.

Da Hapa said:
California does not work that way.

Most insurance companies are diligent about mailing you reminders about your insurance coming due but as pathetic as it may sound, there's no system in place to "flag" uninsured motorists and suspend their license.

I think that some of you are being a little harsh on the original poster but I do agree that there really is no excuse for not maintaining proper insurance on your vehicle. That unfortunate fact is that the choice to not carry insurance affects more than just you. It potentially affects all of the rest of us in CA.

Lecture over.

California Law now requires insurance companies to electronically transmit all insurance verifications to the DMV as well as notify them of a lapse or cancellation of policy.
DMV now knows who is uninsured and will send a notice to the registered owner of such.
Drivers have 45 days after such notice to provide DMV with proof of insurance or their registration is cancelled.

-j-

robr said:
clearly as far as they were concerned, you were 'doing something'. either they were jealous of your car, suspicious of someone young driving an NSX or something else. they just wanted to pull you over and then bust your balls for some reason.

i got pulled over by staties last week for tint and no front plate but i was just given a warning (and i had paperwork from the DMV showing i had ordered a new front plate, but he gave me a warning for it all the same). can't complain though, he was polite and it wasn't a ticket.

Definitely sounds like the cop had some "issue" (personal, albeit) to pull you over ... This happened to me as well in Miami, for my tints. Ridiculous.... :rolleyes:

I have insurance it just recently expired and the DMV sent me a new card, but was not in my NSX at the time. I only had old expired insurance on me. And i got cited for not having it in my car at the time. when i got home i had them fax me another copy. I was surprised that the cop new that it was even an NSX. HE said I KNOW NSXS DONT SOUND LIKE THIS STOCK SO I KNOW UV DONE SOMETHING......GET IT REMOVED. Im gonna buy a decibal meter and show him next time eventhough i think my exhuast is over:tongue:

How much quiter is the lightweight? Will i lose horsepower compared to the JGTC i have now??? Will anyone trade me??????

coolnsx said:
Agreed on #1, but why would you leave the best weather in the world unless you have to? :confused:

waiting in line for 45 minutes to get a cup of coffee because there are too many people there could be a good reason.

steveny said:
waiting in line for 45 minutes to get a cup of coffee because there are too many people there could be a good reason.
Then go to the next Starbucks one block away :biggrin:

jimmycinla said:
California Law now requires insurance companies to electronically transmit all insurance verifications to the DMV as well as notify them of a lapse or cancellation of policy.
DMV now knows who is uninsured and will send a notice to the registered owner of such.
Drivers have 45 days after such notice to provide DMV with proof of insurance or their registration is cancelled.

-j-

Franchise law enforcement out. Split all fines with private law enforcement officers, give them the info and the private law enforcement officers can sit out front of uninsured offenders houses waiting for them to leave and then bust them, impound the car and collect the fees.

coolnsx said:
Then go to the next Starbucks one block away :biggrin:

And the line is just as long there too. I winter in Anaheim and there are so many people there. It is just crazy how many people are there, it blows my mind. In and out burger is 30 minutes, I'm in wheres the out????

steveny said:
And the line is just as long there too. I winter in Anaheim and there are so many people there. It is just crazy how many people are there, it blows my mind. In and out burger is 30 minutes, I'm in wheres the out????
At least you know where to get the best drive though Burger on earth:biggrin:

eNeSeX 95T said:
I have insurance it just recently expired and the DMV sent me a new card, but was not in my NSX at the time. I only had old expired insurance on me. And i got cited for not having it in my car at the time. when i got home i had them fax me another copy. I was surprised that the cop new that it was even an NSX. HE said I KNOW NSXS DONT SOUND LIKE THIS STOCK SO I KNOW UV DONE SOMETHING......GET IT REMOVED. Im gonna buy a decibal meter and show him next time eventhough i think my exhuast is over:tongue:

How much quiter is the lightweight? Will i lose horsepower compared to the JGTC i have now??? Will anyone trade me??????

Throw a stock on to clear the fix-it ticket. Then put the JGTC back on.
I have a stock you can throw on if you pick it up and bring it back when you're done.

-j-

hahahaha Already did that. Went to a muffler shop and they put my stock back on and i got it signed off. Then i went to my friends garage and i put my JGTC back on. :biggrin: I also got all my prrof of insurance checked off. Everything is all good Really busy day tho, tired as hell.

This month in my country there are many roadblock by the police. I think they need extra money for their salary bonus in January next year. :mad:

Back