• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Congrats COZ for being the newest FXMD FX500 turbo system owner!

Today NSXPrime member: Coz drove home in his new FX Motorsports Development FX500 Turbo System.

With 500whp+, this turbo system is the same one that dominated the Redline Time Attack Modified RWD class in 2006-2007 setting many road course and 1/4mile track records. A responsive FXMD-spec GT35R, A2W intercooler, Tial blowoff valve and wastegate, and a twin-canister Burns Stainless mufflers, ensure a wide useable powerband that is crucial for road-course racing.

Outfitted with his new CCW wheels, FXMD widebody, and Yokohama Advan AD08s (and 500whp+), we would like to congradulate and welcome Coz as the newest Turbo NSX (and FX500) owner to the family.

Look for a review from him in the near future -coming from his background as an owner of NA and Supercharged track and street cars.

Billy

attachment.php

Just walked in the door from a week in Vegas and 18 hours at the body shop doing the final adjustments to the new FXMD widebody kit.

It's been a long week....

Will post pictures and the review later today after getting some sleep....

But for now, I will say :biggrin:

Congrats Coz! You are gonna have a great 2010!!!!

Some guys have all the luck! Widebody and turbo!!!

Some guys have all the luck! Widebody and turbo!!!
I would hardly call it luck. More like hard work and determination. Coz has quite the story to tell of his big week and has overcome a lot in the past few days. I would like to thank him for all of his help to develop and fine tune the FXMD Widebody kit, which will enable us to offer a higher quality end product. He is a trooper and I would like to thank him for all of his hard work and dedication. Welcome to the FXMD family Jim!

Billy

I would hardly call it luck. More like hard work and determination. Coz has quite the story to tell of his big week and has overcome a lot in the past few days. I would like to thank him for all of his help to develop and fine tune the FXMD Widebody kit, which will enable us to offer a higher quality end product. He is a trooper and I would like to thank him for all of his hard work and dedication. Welcome to the FXMD family Jim!

Billy

Hard work and determination is worth it if one deals with an honest and helpful vendor. :smile: At least one does not have to deal with frustration caused by unethical and deceitful vendor. We are side tracking. Congratulations to FXMD for coming out with the widebody kit and the turbo system! Congratulations to Coz for successfully completing his project.!

Last edited:
Now that I finally got some sleep….

Was a long and great week.
Got to spend some quality time with those I see as friends, family &
Co-Hearts.

It started in Ventura for 2 days un-installing my SC and installing it on Danny Lia’s car. Great guy and a TOTALLY wonderful family. Molly is a GREAT cook !

Then the journey continued onto Las Vegas to Motorwerks, the home shop of FXMD.

Mori, all around very generous & great guy, (The Good Looking One on The Right) the owner of Motorwerks, as always, made me feel welcome, right at home & opened up his shop to me as a sponsor…Thanks Mori !

With Fes at the controls, we installed the FX500 turbo system and inter-cooler.

As this went on, Roy was busy fabricating brackets for clipping on the front bumper, making the splitter, rods and doing the welding wherever needed. What great work he did…

With the help of Billy Johnson, (took this picture for proof Billy actually works) the CCW Wheels were dis-assembled and reassembled with the correct filaments. Cleaned, resealed and mounted with Yokohama AD08’s. 245 front and 285 rears.

After 3 full 16 hour days, we called Mike and the tuning began.
Thanks Mikey for coming over !

After lots of Beers, Pizzia, Taco's Cookies and Donuts, Laughing & Test Drives, then came the BIG Grins & and High Five’s. We were done.

We continued on to Mike Burlas of Autokonexion in Rialto, CA where Mike worked his magic doing the final adjustments on the WB kit, trimmed the wheel wells and cut the first set of vents. More to vents to added along with NACTA ducts & hoses soon.

We made it home and what a new experience and ride it was…..
I think I had a grin on my face for the entire way home, still do in fact.

Things still remaining to do.

Hook up the Methanol Injection
Boost Controller
Add NACTA Ducts and Tubing
Rear Wing
Rear Quarter Panel & Bumper Vents for Air Relief
Door Side Trim
Air Box/Filter Fabrication
Block sanding & Paint.

So many people have been a part of this ongoing project that have helped me along the way. I can't say enough to thank them.

Mike & Shane at Autowave that built an extremely fine custom motor and for giving of so much of their time, knowledge and friendship.

Ken from FXMD for making the FXMD WB Kit happen for me, the one I waited for and wanted, who has also been so extremely generous by making the FX500 turbo system happen for me, the CCW wheels & Yokohama tires, suspension parts and other modifications, the food he brought to the shop :-)...and just for so many other things that showed nothing but love for a friend and brother that wasn’t based on how much money I had or didn’t have. You are one in a million Ken. Thank you.

Billy from FXMD for being there every step of the way with me, his guidence and for his continuing education to transform me from a SC car into a turbo driven car, how to control this new found power and be a faster and better driver, not to mention just being a true friend.
I'm proud of you, who you are and what you're acomplishing in life.
You’re a fine young man Billy !

Mike Burlas for his friendship and expertise….and our 14 hour day making sure we had everything perfect on the WB kit so it can be block sanded and painted next.

I have been involved in a lot of car communities, racers and race teams over 40 years, but I have never met or been involved with such a great group of guys as all those associated with FXMD that are so enjoyable to spend time with and work side by side with.

OK, now the review.

It’s an interesting transition for me. The last turbo I drove was in the
80’s in a Porsche 911 I owned. Didn’t care for it much back then, just couldn’t get past the lag.

Then came my NSX’s.
My first 91 NSX was a Comptech 1.7, 386 rwhp, loved it. Loved the fact is was easy to throttle steer and how the power came on. Very dependable and I put 42,000 miles on it in less that 2 years and at least 8 track events.
Then came my wife’s NA NSX. Nice, but seriously lack power. She doesn’t let me drive it much. She knows how I drive mine 
Now my other 91 NSX that I have the Whipple 2.3 on that made 434 rwhp with 8 lbs of boost.
It was a step up from my previous 1.7 SC.
All and all I have been driving and tracking NSX SC’s for a little over 3 years now just having fun. Nothing really serious...

After a lot of discussions with many, I decided to give the turbo a try and get serious. With Ken’s help, it happened and continues to happen.

There’s quite a bit of difference between the SC and turbo.
The FX500 turbo is making over 500 rwhp with 91 octane and 14 lbs of boost.

We will eventually add the boost controller and tune it for 100 octane race gas and fully expect to see even more rwhp under track conditions.

The power curve takes some getting used to. But the 600 miles I’ve driven in the last 24 hours, I can only say this is a transition I am gladly going to make with no regrets.

Now, I keep asking myself why I waited so long….what was I thinking….

The SC when jumped on is a steady flow of power, where the turbo is more like being shot out of a cannon. I find it very controllable as long as you stay ahead of the power curve, as I was taught by Billy. But the huge advantage is the amount of power that is at your disposal, it’s like never ending from gear to gear. My biggest smile came when I jumped on second gear for the first time going straight and found my ass end sliding out in from the power coming on. All I could say was WOW…this is going to be fun.

My car seems to run smoother and works less to have more power and response. I can’t wait to get it on a track and see how it responds when it’s kept between 5000 and 8000 rpm’s. My oil temps are down and just over all the car seems to run better and feel freed up.

Since I was driving at 3:-00 AM in the morning out in the desert, no traffic, I played some..

What totally amazes me is how the FX500 turbo comes on and how it keeps coming on from gear to gear.

From cruising at 65, down shifing from 5th to 3rd, putting my foot to the floor, I could go from 65 to 140 in what seemed a blink of an eye. Simply amazing….

Most of my trip was just cruising along in 5th gear at 75 trying to stay awake, but it was a smooth and relaxing. Even in 5th gear, no down shifting, the car wakes up and takes off like a bullet when asked. Down shifting just makes the bullet go way faster.

All I can say at this point is it’s been a busy week and many changes have taken place all for the better…. I, We, still have some things to do to finish up my NSX, but I can say for sure we are headed in the right direction and I can't stop smiling.

I think from now on I’m going to call my NSX my Make Me Smile Machine
(Don't tell my wife)

*** Lud, should I have put this in the Build Section ?
Please move it if need be. Please don't delete it :-)

Attachments

• PC180021.jpg
    PC180021.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 365
  • PC200064.jpg
    PC200064.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 333
  • PC180017.jpg
    PC180017.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 325
  • PC190056.jpg
    PC190056.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 399
  • PC200065.jpg
    PC200065.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 369
  • PC200066.jpg
    PC200066.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 337
  • PC180023.jpg
    PC180023.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 321
  • PC180018.jpg
    PC180018.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 325
  • PC200058.jpg
    PC200058.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 327
  • PC170010.jpg
    PC170010.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 344
  • PC170016.jpg
    PC170016.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 331
  • PC180029.jpg
    PC180029.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 332
  • Turbo Done 1.jpg
    Turbo Done 1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 385
  • PC210067.jpg
    PC210067.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 422
  • PC220083.jpg
    PC220083.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 348
  • PC220087.jpg
    PC220087.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 347
  • PC220080.jpg
    PC220080.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Turbo Done 2.jpg
    Turbo Done 2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Thank you Billy, you are...truly a fine young man.
I don't care what Fes says....:-)

I just talk to Fes 5 minutes ago, he's here dropping off the FXMD car and is going to stop by my house to drop off my truck and have dinner before heading back to LV.

For those that don't know, someone stold my trailer while on the road....
and that sucked....it caused all of unexpection situations to arrise....

How did your car run on the way home ?
I'll bet you had a BIG Grin going too.

I'm very proud to be part of the Team FXMD family where trust & friendship are so important and actually mean something to each other.
All for one and one for all, that's who we are together.

Last edited:
Thank you very much...!
It's a love and a passon that drives us :wink:

Congratulations to FXMD for coming out with the widebody kit and the turbo system! Congratulations to Coz for succefully completing his project.!

Will do some tomorrow..
Sounds totally awesome.

is there any nice close up vids or audio clips of this kit with the burns mufflers? :biggrin:

Any update on those videos?

So you're a happily converted turbo guy now? :wink:

No, haven't had the time...But I will after this weekends marathon road trip once again.

Yup, kicking myself in the ass for waiting so long to make the change and throwing so much money away in SC's..

Getting used it very well and liking it more than the SC.
As we discussed in lesson #1, stay ahead of the power curve and everything is easily controllable.

Lighter on the gas peddle out of turns, get it pointed straight, smash away, hang on tight… and here we go....

It's just amazing how fast it is getting to fast.

I also like the fact of how it just purrs along when cruising.

Appeared to be a 2nd and part of 3rd gear pull in the NSX. Throw an on-board camera and let's see more than just a gear and a half! :biggrin:

It was...
Would love to, but finishing the car is more important right now money wise than buying a camera.
Its on the list :wink:

Did you call CCW ?

Appeared to be a 2nd and part of 3rd gear pull in the NSX. Throw an on-board camera and let's see more than just a gear and a half! :biggrin:

Hey brother, how have you been, long time no see.
Stop by the house if your out and about.

WOW! Looking good, can't wait to see it done!:biggrin:

Back