Common places for NSX's?

Just curious to know if anyone knows the most common areas where they can see NSX's being driven around and parked on the streets almost daily?

I doubt you'd ever see one everyday. That's what is cool about them..they're rare...not like a Vette.

I have yet to see another NSX while driving mine. And its very rare I see another one at all....but will at NSXPO. :cool:

In the 4 years I have owned my NSX, I can count on one hand the number I have seen on the road in my suburb of Chicago. (Aside from group meets, that is :wink: )

MashimaroNSX said:
Just curious to know if anyone knows the most common areas where they can see NSX's being driven around and parked on the streets almost daily?
Sounds like you're looking to steal one... :eek:

GOTTSPD said:
There are a decent number in the DC area.

You've got that right. There is a yellow one in Kingstowne every day. There is a black one in Manassas along with mine. There is another black one in Centreville. I see a blue 02+ around Fairfax all the time. Some exotic. :rolleyes:

Nihilation said:
Some exotic. :rolleyes:
Why are you here if you're going to constantly post negative comments? Did the NSX sleep with your sister or something? :confused: Seriously, why stick around?

On topic:
I see them pretty often in AZ, maybe one every two weeks. Last time I was in San Diego I saw a couple of them in one day.

redshift said:
Why are you here if you're going to constantly post negative comments? Did the NSX sleep with your sister or something? :confused: Seriously, why stick around?

What's negative about it? I enjoy the car. I like to be around people with similar interests. That's why I'm here. I'm here to learn about the NSX and help others by providing facts. I'm also here because our servers at work are so reliable that I don't have to run around fixing them all day. =)

What I don't like is the false idea of the NSX being something it's not. It's a superb car designed practically flawless. However anything that I throw rocks at blindly and hit the same model more than once in one day is far from an exotic. Supercar maybe, exotic, not at all. Spread the Word.

Nihilation said:
What's negative about it? I enjoy the car. I like to be around people with similar interests. That's why I'm here. I'm here to learn about the NSX and help others by providing facts. I'm also here because our servers at work are so reliable that I don't have to run around fixing them all day. =)

What I don't like is the false idea of the NSX being something it's not. It's a superb car designed practically flawless. However anything that I throw rocks at blindly and hit the same model more than once in one day is far from an exotic. Supercar maybe, exotic, not at all. Spread the Word.
Its just that every post I've read from you lately has been a direct retaliation or contained a hint of cynicism to somebody's happy feelings toward the car. Whether or not you believe it's an exotic, why chastise others for feeling that it is? No matter what the NSX really is, it is special to many of us for different reasons... real or intangible... no reason to piss on that post after post.

Nihilation said:

I have seen several ferraris in one day does that rule them out? On the other hand unless I go to an NSX meet I won't see an NSX for months and months. Rarity does not make a car exotic, it helps but its not the deciding factor. Anyway the term exotic is very subjective and you can read countless arguments as to why the NSX is or isn't...whatever you call it, I still love to call it my own.

clr1024 said:
the term exotic is very subjective and you can read countless arguments as to why the NSX is or isn't...whatever you call it, I still love to call it my own.
iagree.gif

redshift said:
Its just that every post I've read from you lately has been a direct retaliation or contained a hint of cynicism to somebody's happy feelings toward the car. Whether or not you believe it's an exotic, why chastise others for feeling that it is? No matter what the NSX really is, it is special to many of us for different reasons... real or intangible... no reason to piss on that post after post.

Fair enough. I will attempt to restrain myself from "correcting" members who's views of an exotic differ from mine. Afterall, there's that saying about opinions, which I will refrain from expressing in this thread. :biggrin:

Nihilation said:
Fair enough. I will attempt to restrain myself from "correcting" members who's views of an exotic differ from mine. Afterall, there's that saying about opinions, which I will refrain from expressing in this thread. :biggrin:
Good man. :biggrin:

This guy sure knows how to make friends. In his profile under interests: Making fun of NSX owners who think they own an exotic.

Many media publications has always said that the NSX is a Japanese exotic. Does it compare to those of Italian decent? Nope, I would agree it doesn't.

However, there are many members only exotic car clubs that list NSX as an exotic.

You might want to start making fun of the media and go complain to these car clubs for listing the NSX as an exotic before bashing some of the NSX owners here.

I think you could classify the NSX as more of an exotic if it cost like 3x what it costs. I know that has nothing to do with the quality of the car but its perception in people's eyes. Just too cheap for a lot of people to consider it an exotic. Also Ferrari or Lambo don't make Accords and Civics. That certainly is another factor in this car not being seen as an exotic in many people's eyes (it is in mine).

The NSX certainly qualifies in many categories like unique looks, rarity, terrific performance, etc.

Its really the same problem the 911TT has. A 911 turbo has outstanding performance, very good looks, is rather rare... but its parent company also makes Boxters and SUV's.... and then it makes standard 911's that are everywhere and last, the 911TT is priced rather fairly like the NSX.

With both the 911TT and the NSX... take the cheezier versions of their manufacturer daddy away, price them higher, and Voila... you have an exotic, because they have the other bases like performance and rarity covered.

Its tough for some to consider an NSX an exotic when you can get a used one for $25,000. I am talking perception of course in many people's eyes, I am not wanting to argue the point of what the definition of an exotic car really is because I don't think there is one.

Now what was the original poster's question again? :biggrin:

Around Boston I have only seen three or four... no one here would pay 90K to drive around in an "Acura".

Nihilation said:

You came on the other post calling people shallow and pompous, your fellow NSX'ers... I understand the point you are trying to make but you don't want to come off as you are insulting people.

We are all friends here with a common interest and I for one am glad to have you here as well. Just take it easy with the words man...

TURBO2GO said:
I think you could classify the NSX as more of an exotic if it cost like 3x what it costs. I know that has nothing to do with the quality of the car but its perception in people's eyes. Just too cheap for a lot of people to consider it an exotic. Also Ferrari or Lambo don't make Accords and Civics. That certainly is another factor in this car not being seen as an exotic in many people's eyes.

The NSX certainly qualifies in many categories like unique looks, rarity, terrific performance, etc.

Its really the same problem the 911TT has. A 911 turbo has outstanding performance, very good looks, is rather rare... but its parent company also makes Boxters and SUV's.... and then it makes standard 911's that are everywhere and last, the 911TT is priced rather fairly like the NSX.

With both the 911TT and the NSX... take the cheezier versions of their manufacturer daddy away, price them higher, and Voila... you have an exotic, because they have the other bases like performance and rarity covered.

Its tough to consider an NSX an exotic when you can get a used one for $25,000. I am talking perception of course in many people's eyes, I am not wanting to argue the point of what the definition of an exotic car really is because I don't think there is one.

Now what was the original poster's question again? :biggrin:

Around Boston I have only seen three or four... no one here would pay 90K to drive around in an "Acura".

I agree 100%. I'm starting to like this guy.:tongue:

Nihilation said:
What I don't like is the false idea of the NSX being something it's not. However anything that I throw rocks at blindly and hit the same model more than once in one day is far from an exotic. Supercar maybe, exotic, not at all. Spread the Word.

I work in Dallas and see ferrari f430's all the time, even seen a few Ford GT's. Also, seen lotus's and a carrera GT driving around. I live 5 mins from a lot that has 3 Saleen S7's and tons of Lambos. I could toss a rock and hit one. I guess they are not exotic? The 2006 NSX is more rare than ferrari from production numbers. It seems like your definition of exotic is solely based on production numbers based on your comment above. This would make the NSX exotic by your definition. However, i feel there is much more to making a car exoitc then just sheer production numbers. Maybe your 1991 NSX isn't exotic, but people i come in contact with sure seem to think my NSX is exotic. Half the time they don't even know what kind of car it is. NSX's must be very common.

TURBO2GO said:
Also Ferrari or Lambo don't make Accords and Civics.
Just as Acura is a division of its Honda parent that makes Accords and Civics, Ferrari is a division of its Fiat parent which makes Fiats, and Lamborghini is a division of its Audi-Volkswagen parent which makes Golfs. Heck, there are plenty of other examples; Aston-Martin and Jaguar are divisions of Ford, which makes the Focus, Maybach is a division of Daimler-Chrysler, which makes Neons, Bentley is also a division of Audi-Volkswagen, etc...

TURBO2GO said:
Its tough for some to consider an NSX an exotic when you can get a used one for $25,000. I am talking perception of course in many people's eyes, I am not wanting to argue the point of what the definition of an exotic car really is because I don't think there is one.

Depreciation works against every car, but I agree, now that the NSX is more affordable, some people might feel it is no longer considered an exotic.

However, many recent magazines have done write-ups on used NSXs, and coined them as an affordable exotic now that they have depreciated. They just can't get around not using the word exotic, can they? :tongue:

TURBO2GO said:
Its tough for some to consider an NSX an exotic when you can get a used one for $25,000.
You can get older 911 Turbos and Ferrari 308 and Mondials for that price, too...

nsxtasy said:
Just as Acura is a division of its Honda parent that makes Accords and Civics, Ferrari is a division of its Fiat parent which makes Fiats, and Lamborghini is a division of its Audi-Volkswagen parent which makes Golfs. Heck, there are plenty of other examples; Aston-Martin and Jaguar are divisions of Ford, which makes the Focus, Maybach is a division of Daimler-Chrysler, which makes Neons, Bentley is also a division of Audi-Volkswagen, etc...

Yes, but isn't there a difference. I mean the NSX is Honda and you will find parts labeled as such on it of course. But with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, they're all the same everywhere, and I might be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that you will find any Audi stamped part numbers on a Murcielago or Fiat stamped parts in an Enzo.

nsxtasy said:

I understand what you are saying brother, but ACURA makes an RSX, a TSX, A TL... There is no Fiat with a Ferrari badge on it. The crappiest car Ferrari makes, is still a very expensive, high performance, rather rare car.

Parent companies don't matter that much. I guess instead of saying civics and accords I should have said RSX's and Integras.

In between Japanese cars, certainly the NSX is the exotic. I am not trying to argue the definition, that is endless. I am just pointing out why many won't see the NSX as an exotic.

Back