Common places for NSX's?

nsxtasy said:
You can get older 911 Turbos and Ferrari 308 and Mondials for that price, too...

But you won't be maintaining one of those at the same cost of an NSX. God I love this car! Honda reliability FTW.

Funny, most people usually have an issue with calling the NSX a supercar, not an exotic. In my experience, most people generally agree it is an exotic, but the bar for a supercar has moved since 1990.

In the end, why does it even matter if it is exotic or not? Are you a better human if you drive an exotic car ... no. Are you a better human if you do not drive an exotic car... no.

I like my NSX period. If someone calls it exotic great. If they do not, that is fine too.

This thread has been derailled majorly. :smile:

nsxtasy said:
Sounds like you're looking to steal one... :eek:

lol nah, I live in New York and seldom see them (Mostly due to the huge potholes we have here) but I was just wondering if there is a place in this world where we can see them constantly. Eventhough I own one I'm stil inl awe when I see one driven on the streets.

Re: LA is up there.

on a sunny Sunday a few weeks back, I went for a drive through Malibu, and saw ELEVEN different unrelated NSX's! It was more than the number of Corvettes who were out that day!

Nihilation said:
Yes, but isn't there a difference. I mean the NSX is Honda and you will find parts labeled as such on it of course. But with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, they're all the same everywhere, and I might be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that you will find any Audi stamped part numbers on a Murcielago or Fiat stamped parts in an Enzo.

Even moreso, I think one could argue that Acura was created by Honda (and it's just a marketing company really). Audi did not create Lambo; it existed on its own from the beginning. Ferrari was independent too...until Fiat bought majority ownership.

I live in Monroe, Louisiana (4th largest city in the state); I have only seen 1 NSX.... Mine.

Jeet

Jai015 said:
We should have an NSX meet. I've been in this area for about six months and have yet to see one. Plus, I just got my NSX not too long ago and I would like to meet with other owners. :smile:

I'm in the process of getting one soon and I would love to get together with you guys, too.
By the way, black one in centreville is my neighbor who I never met; I only seen the car coming in and out.:biggrin:

Nihilation said:
Yes, but isn't there a difference. I mean the NSX is Honda and you will find parts labeled as such on it of course. But with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, they're all the same everywhere, and I might be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that you will find any Audi stamped part numbers on a Murcielago or Fiat stamped parts in an Enzo.
A label snob are we here?

Do you only wear Italian designer clothes?

If Kia made a car like the Acura NSX tomorrow, I'd call it a Super car. Who the hell cares what the label is on it?

Last edited:
Nihilation said:
What's negative about it? I enjoy the car. I like to be around people with similar interests. That's why I'm here. I'm here to learn about the NSX and help others by providing facts. I'm also here because our servers at work are so reliable that I don't have to run around fixing them all day. =)

What I don't like is the false idea of the NSX being something it's not. It's a superb car designed practically flawless. However anything that I throw rocks at blindly and hit the same model more than once in one day is far from an exotic. Supercar maybe, exotic, not at all. Spread the Word.

I've seen two on the road since 1991.

pretty rare to me

So if Ferrari started to make cars for the everyday person, their F430 would be less of a car?

I just don't understand that?

That's what people are basically saying when they say the NSX isn't an exotic based on the fact it comes from honda. I hate views like this.

I just don't understand why the term "exotic" has to only apply to cars from companies that only produce exotics. If a car is rare, sexy, fast, expensive most likely... it's exotic. Whether it's made my Honda, Renault, Ferrari, or if Harley Davidson jumps in the mix (haha what?)...

I also would never mistake the NSX as inexpensive. Maybe compared to a new Ferrari - but any car that costs $80,000+ is expensive. That is alot of money period.

Re: LA is up there.

0ctan3 said:
on a sunny Sunday a few weeks back, I went for a drive through Malibu, and saw ELEVEN different unrelated NSX's! It was more than the number of Corvettes who were out that day!

was the Prime Drive a few weeks ago or something :confused: :eek: :wink:

I used to commute to work between SD and LA and was lucky to see maybe ONE a month!!! Meanwhile countless Vettes and Porsche's in every dirrection..I saw just as many Ferrari and Lambo's as I did NSX's...

11 in one day!!!:confused: you should have bought a lottery ticket after that...cuz you were lucky that day!!!:biggrin:

Some very poor arguments here, but I won't go into details over frivolous topics like this.

Here's some unbiased information from wikipedia:

In addition to performance, the following criteria are also cited in determining if a particular sports car or exotic car deserves the supercar moniker:

Styling — Supercars often feature groundbreaking styling elements. The Formula One-inspired Enzo Ferrari, for example, set a new styling direction for that company.
Focused design — Supercars are not designed to be practical transportation devices, with functionality varying widely between different examples. Many car body styles (including 2+2 coupe, station wagon, and pickup truck) make inherent tradeoffs of performance potential for utility. By this measure, extreme vehicles like the Dodge Ram SRT-10 are not normally called supercars (in the case of Dodge Ram SRT-10, it is classified as a truck, not car, so the car-based description would not fit anyway). While one undisputed supercar, the McLaren F1, featured seating for three (and had a number of useful storage spaces), performance was not sacrificed, but instead improved by the seating design: the driver's central position lowered the vehicle's polar moment of inertia and increased its turning ability.
Technology — All supercars feature cutting edge contemporary racing car technology. This has included the use of carbon fibre and ceramics, ground effects and wings, and novel layouts like mid-engine. The use of turbochargers has fallen out of favor in many recent supercars, though the Bugatti Veyron uses four. All wheel drive is also used in some modern supercars, reflecting the success of the Audi Quattro rally car. Rear wheel drive is still used most often.
Production — Most commentators would not include one-off concept cars under this category. Although no objective metric has been agreed on, homologation often makes the case for a supercar. Similarly, the term is never applied to a pure racing car — supercars must be legal for use on the street. Although their makers often promise to produce dozens of examples, some supercars never reach these production targets. For example, while 400 Enzos were built, just two Mosler Photons have been sold.
Special Orders — Some manufacturers have programs for car dealers, which allow dealers to order and sell specialized street vehicles that would otherwise be left unbuilt. Those cars are built by the automobile manufacturers, and may come with factory warranty. Special programs such as COPO were used by dealers in the muscle car era to sell supercars with unequal performance, even by standards of the era.
Spirit — An extremely difficult aspect to objectively discuss is the "spirit" or "soul" many supercar buyers search for. This is often more a reflection of the manufacturer's reputation, especially on the race track, than the absolute qualities of the vehicle in question. This factor is often cited in disqualifying cars like the Honda/Acura NSX and Dodge/Chrysler Viper and including even the lesser V12-powered Ferraris.
Price — A supercar is expected to carry a high price tag, a racing reputation and a well-known name. Performance, quality and even design are lesser factors.

Looks like the NSX is 7/7 here.

For the record, they distinguish the NSX as a 'probable supercar', though they don't differentiate much between a supercar or exotic.

I think the NSX is an exotic almost inarguably [stature], supercar [blend of performance and stature] status is definetely arguable.

In Houston/Austin, I see less NSX's than ferrari's substantially, and obviously much less often than 911's. As for lamborghini's, they are on a different level; especially real ones before audi took over.

There are a handful of there in this city.
I can see another pretty regularly if I drive a mile down the road to the owner of a car audio shop and he drove his.
If not, then I very rarely see another.

I would guess Southern California. I spot NSXes fairly frequently. I guess living in Southern Cal spoil the rare factor quite a bit.

I lived in San Jose/Milpitas area in Northern California from 95~2002, I probably spoted less than 10 Nsxes during that period.

I finally spoted a white NSX for the first time in Japan last week. I have lived in Japan in the past, in nice area too, and perhaps 50~60 different trips since 98. I have spoted no more than what I can count on my fingers, no joke, and most foreigners had misconceptions of that they are common in Japan, no way, they are ultra rare. So much rarer than R34.

There are a handful here in Cleveland. I've even seen up to 3 at once parked downtown at nightclubs etc... Ferrari's, Lambos Vipers etc are usually in the same parking lot as well. It's usually the same few NSX's I see here though.

Of other places I've been to, I've also spotted them in South Beach and Southern California as well.

rickysals said:
So if Ferrari started to make cars for the everyday person, their F430 would be less of a car?

...That's what people are basically saying when they say the NSX isn't an exotic based on the fact it comes from honda.
Well said!

Back