Coming To LA

Hey guys and gals,

I'll be in LA from October 6th to the 14th with the wife(I'm from Toronto). Looking for some suggestions as to what I just have to see or do (be it car related or not). My sister lives out there (Torrence) but I just wanted to hear some suggestions that you all might have as she's only been there about 2 years. I've never been!

As a note: I'm 27, don't drink, I'm not a clubber, I love the outdoors, am a car nut, tech nut, love sports.

Thanks!

Imran

Hey guys and gals,

I'll be in LA from October 6th to the 14th with the wife(I'm from Toronto). Looking for some suggestions as to what I just have to see or do (be it car related or not). My sister lives out there (Torrence) but I just wanted to hear some suggestions that you all might have as she's only been there about 2 years. I've never been!

As a note: I'm 27, don't drink, I'm not a clubber, I love the outdoors, am a car nut, tech nut, love sports.

Thanks!

Imran

How about we take you for a drive in Malibu Canyon. There is also some fun and easy hiking trails in Malibu Canyon. Let me know if that sounds good and we can set it up.

Les

Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning, 6AM to 9AM, in Irvine is a must-do for car nuts. That is if you're in Torrance by then. Keep in mind that if you don't show up until 7:30AM you'll still see lots of interesting cars. I never arrive before 8 AM.

Weekly show in Irvine. 6:00 am to 9:00 am every Saturday morning at the Ford/Mazda PAG Campus.

Located at
1 Glen Bell Way
Irvine, CA 92618

Event and parking are free.
Spectators park in the parking structure.
Those displaying their car park in the lot beside the Mazda building.

Here's one example of a typical Cars and Coffee on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VzPklqISs

^At 3:00 in, you'll see NSXs owned by two of our San Diego members, FuryNSX and BryziNSX.

google "rockstore" in malibu canyon. Its a little road house thats the meeting place for all cars and bikes on the weekends. You can go to the turn out at the top just up the road and just hang out in nature and have a grand standseat to some pretty awesome stuff.
Its centrally located so you can cruse down PCH from Torrance and grab some nice dinner on the way back.

If you drank I'd have the place for you lol. But beach good, I think orange county car show is going on or something.

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone! Hiking would be fun. Hey Les, would love a ride along in your SC'ed NSX, am hoping to go that route at some point.

Will also definitely check out the endeavour! A family member living in SoCal took some pics of it flying overhead and even the pictures are just a breathless sight to behold.

Last edited:
I'm hearing that Inglewood might be the best place to view the shuttle going through the city...there will be free parking at the Forum (and they are not allowing overnight parking), so I'm guessing it will be pretty crazy around there on that Saturday morning.

http://www.scpr.org/news/2012/10/04/34518/southland-leaders-preparing-endeavours-arrival/

Unfortunately, I have to do a really long run that morning (I would normally do such a run on Sunday, but doing so would conflict with a certain NSX drive). I'm pretty satisfied with the photos I took during Endeavour's final flight, so I won't be too disappointed if I do not get to see it roll through the city.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your recommendations and offers. I ended up having a very packed schedule while I was down there but had an amazing time!

Back