Colorado Cerebral Palasy Exotic Sprots Car Show

I've always liked that philosophy :smile:

I'm not sure if we will actually get away with putting up the banners. We've been told that tents that are secured by stakes are not allowed because ACC (our gracious hosts) are concerned with possible sprinkler damage.

They don't seem to have a problem with the small wooden stakes we will be using to mark the parking spaces, so the banner may be ok if the stakes are wood, and not driven in far. We'll have to see on the day of the show.

There has been interest in dinner the night before. Anyone want to nominate a place?

Steve

Hi Folks,

I'll be in Fort Collins that weekend (sans NSX), will see if I can drop by Littleton on Sunday to meet some of you folks and to mingle a bit.

By the way things are currently looking I might be living in CO part-time or full-time pretty soon.. :)

Ken

Steve ;I'll be in Park County on Saturday night, so am not available for dinner. Thanks for thinking of it.

Ken ; I have an extra ticket. PM me for my cell phone number, and you may have the ticket if you get to the show

Mark

Hey Steve,

You know I am up for Dinner. Just let me know the time.

Denver

P.S. WASH AND WAX CLINIC JUNE 3rd, the day before the car show. Check the following link for more information.

http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9224

UPDATE

Our s2kca.com site is currently down to bandwidth, but I wanted to let ya'll know this event is still on.

Centennial Collision will also be providing lunch and has purchased NEW microfiber clothes and shamees for this event. It is going to be really sweet and they WANT to be able to wash as many cars as possible, so this is a MUST event before the car show.

Take care,

Denver

Last edited:
How about 6:30 Saturday night at Maggianos near I-25 and Dry Creek (7401 S Clinton St to be exact).

If we are going to have a shot at a table, I'll need to make reservations, so I'll need a count of who's in. I'd like to make the reservations tomorrow night.

Who wants to join us?

Steve

LrdVader said:
How about 6:30 Saturday night at Maggianos near I-25 and Dry Creek (7401 S Clinton St to be exact).

If we are going to have a shot at a table, I'll need to make reservations, so I'll need a count of who's in. I'd like to make the reservations tomorrow night.

Who wants to join us?

Steve

I am in for sure with one guest so that makes 2 people. ;)

See you then.

Denver

I would like to go but I cant make it until 7:30!! I dont get off work until 7 o'clock. I can go there late if you guys dont mind or I'll just meet up afterwards if you guys are doing something later

Thuan

Last edited:
Just talked to Steve this evening. I'll be up for dinner and the show as well. My NSX is not in ultimate show condition, but I'll be there nonetheless!!! Geez, you guys all have superchargers, etc. I won't be able to keep up if we drive anywhere together. Look forward to seeing all of you. Take care.

Chris

Is Paragon having their Saturday morning car get together this Saturday in Denver?? It's the first Saturday of the month. I was wondering if some of the NSXers that were going to the car show (the CP show) were going to go to this as well?? If so, let me know. I might be able to make it, but it may be too early to get there.

Ya'll should come to our wash and wax clinic instead especially when you can wash your car get a nice lunch and have everything provided. ;) Check the thread in the southwest region for more details.

Denver

damn it, I can't make the dinner either. We have a stupid "combat dining in" at the base at 5pm. Add me in, so make that 2 total w/ my gf. I'll do my best to make it, I'm sure I can. Only problem I have with making it on time is my gf lives in boulder, I live in the springs and I don't get off work till 3pm. we'll see.

A big thank you to all who came to the show! We had 12 NSXes at the show, which is the most ew have had yet. I haven't heard the final tally of how much money CP was able to raise, but the last number I heard was in the $80k range.

It was also good to see you all again, especially long, lost, Mike.

Next year, I think I'm going to try and get a tent for us so we can stay nice and cool.

Now, who's going to post the Enzo pics? :smile:

See you all at RTR,

Steve

Who's white NSX had those blue racing stripes?

Gorgeous clean white NSX with what looked like some awesome paint matched TSW wheels...WOW:eek: but then the racing stripes, well every man or woman to themself and their own opinions. Looks like you guys had fun and thats all that matters I guess.

Last edited:
btcog82 said:
Who's white NSX was ruined by those blue racing stripes?

Gorgeous clean white NSX with what looked like some awesome paint matched TSW wheels...WOW:eek: but then the racing stripes, well every man or woman to themself and their own opinions. Looks like you guys had fun and thats all that matters I guess.
You might want to refrain from comments like the above if you want to avoid a flame war...I've seen the pictures in your gallery :eek:. (Where are those puking smilies when you need one? :wink:). If you're really curious who's car it is, a simple check of the avitars on this thread will reveal the answer. BTW, it's a pearl/metalic white.

sorry I really meant what I said though I like the white NSX, and those wheels were hot as well, and thats why I went ahead and changed it and like I said everyone has their own opinion.

dont want any flame wars:biggrin:

I would have to disagree with you pertaining to the racing stripes. I think it was done very tastefully and i would like to add I am not a fan of racing stripes, but to see this car in person is a thing of beauty.

The entire car in general was done with such taste and care that all I can do it stare. Oh the other hand, I don't prefer how you built the car. I feel that you have taken away from such a beautiful design and I don't prefer it, but like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And in the end the only thing that matters is that the owner is happy with it. Always good to keep the customization bug alive and to always push the envelope.

btcog82 said:
Who's white NSX had those blue racing stripes?

So I drove up to denver last night. Had dinner and chilled with a fellow nsx'er from here. So was the enzo guy really being a rude punk?

Everyone is right though. The perfect nsx lives in our own dreams. We all love the way our cars are and to someone else it might be different in one way or another or many! Now for me, I kinda like my 18/19 nsx w/ factory 3" lift illusion lol .............. at the moment. :)

I hope you are kidding about the guy who owned the Enzo, he was super nice and really down to earth, far less uptight about his car and himself than some of our brethren. We talked with him for about a half hour and he is truly a great guy. The car show and the dinner the night before were a lot of fun and it was great to see all of the people who were interested in our cars. Thanks to LrdVader for arranging dinner and getting us all to show our cars! Looking forward to Ride the Rockies in July.

I just heard, well I wasn't there obviously, but someone told me, he was like "get out of my way" when walking away from his car. I was just curious is all.

Nugget said:
I would have to disagree with you pertaining to the racing stripes. I think it was done very tastefully and i would like to add I am not a fan of racing stripes, but to see this car in person is a thing of beauty.

The entire car in general was done with such taste and care that all I can do it stare. Oh the other hand, I don't prefer how you built the car. I feel that you have taken away from such a beautiful design and I don't prefer it, but like you said everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And in the end the only thing that matters is that the owner is happy with it. Always good to keep the customization bug alive and to always push the envelope.

Thanks for the comments Denver, been out of town so just getting caught back up. Interesting comments, and understand if no one has seen it in person as well as understands my search for uniqueness. As many have said to me the paint is captivating when you seen it in person. I don't get upset and don’t want to start flaming folks about comments people make. considering my nickname came from the fact that I have a 5th degree black belt as well as being a former CU Buff Tight End which I still hold the record for bench press at CU at 505lbs, as my kids say your allot calmer then you used be dad.

Thanks again, and considering the event was a huge success, I am happy to have been part of it.

HitMan
Pearl White NSX
Red Z06
Green Merc S500
Daily driver - Toyo Camery

Hey bud,

I really like it when people push the envelope and I look at it as a form of expression and can completely appreciate that. Every now and then I like to throw in my 2 cents and always do my best to remain respectful.
btw, I am going to be doing a muffler swap on my car. You will definitely have to hear it. from all my research, should sound amazing. :biggrin:
Oh, and next time my jack breaks I will give you a ring to lift up my car while I swap out the tires. ;)

Take care,
Nugget

Patience, listening and ambition our the true path to self understanding and growth :cool:

HITMAN said:
Thanks for the comments Denver, been out of town so just getting caught back up. Interesting comments, and understand if no one has seen it in person as well as understands my search for uniqueness. As many have said to me the paint is captivating when you seen it in person. I don't get upset and don’t want to start flaming folks about comments people make. considering my nickname came from the fact that I have a 5th degree black belt as well as being a former CU Buff Tight End which I still hold the record for bench press at CU at 505lbs, as my kids say your allot calmer then you used be dad.

Thanks again, and considering the event was a huge success, I am happy to have been part of it.

HitMan
Pearl White NSX
Red Z06
Green Merc S500
Daily driver - Toyo Camery

Back